A proposed idea

Started by shadeoux, June 25, 2017, 12:31:30 PM

I was thinking lately, over the ways Armageddon has changed over the last several years. And in an attempt
to allow the playerbase more freedom in character generation. I would like to propose a change that would/could
very well end the guild sniffing all together.

The addition of a second subguild for all classes for the karma cost of lets say 3 or by special application.

Some obvious pro's/con's;

A) You would not be able to cross magical attunement boundaries, I.E. cast Rukkian and Vivadu spells.

B) You would head in a direction where full elementalists still are not possible, but would allow more
varieties of current elementalists and likely may stop any hate about removing the full elementalists
from Players hands. Allowing only "Karma vetted players/trusted" access to the more complex
elementalists.

C) Allow players to diversify Mundane characters as well by getting 2x master possibly in say
weaponcrafting and armorcrafting. Or allowing more subterfuge with characters by allowing
slipknife and outdoorsmen together.

The possibilities are endless in this proposal and I would like to see what other players may like or
dislike about the proposal.

This is something that popped into my head as a why not, but the issue would be in the coding
obviously, and that is something I am not familiar with so I do not know how difficult it may be. 
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

hate to naysay, but I don't like it.  too easy to make a 'i can do everything' character, rather than having niches needing to be filled by a variety of players.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

I'm of the same mind with Booger. While an interesting idea, it easily leads to a situation where everyone is their own swiss army knife character - Which would be bad, for a game like Armageddon. It would encourage more solo play, less interdependence upon each other.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

In my opinion, more mundane swiss army characters would HELP clans more than hurt them.  They would be able to do more with fewer PCs,instead of no, we can't do this thing or go to this place because none of us can <insert skill here>.  Some people like playing clans, some people like palying alone, some people like both, some people hate everything but like being able to complain about it. :p

I like the idea of being able to pick two elemental alignments from the SAME element.

No to mixing elements, this is an extremely rare occurrence withing the game for IC reasons.  IT has been done in the past on a much smaller scale (a spell or two), but those those spells were gained in game, usually at great cost to the character.  If you want a swiss army magicker, app a sorcerer, and deal with the stigma and having 98% of the know world trying to hunt you down like a normal person. ;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 25, 2017, 03:19:09 PM
In my opinion, more mundane swiss army characters would HELP clans more than hurt them.  They would be able to do more with fewer PCs,instead of no, we can't do this thing or go to this place because none of us can <insert skill here>.  Some people like playing clans, some people like palying alone, some people like both, some people hate everything but like being able to complain about it. :p

I like the idea of being able to pick two elemental alignments from the SAME element.

No to mixing elements, this is an extremely rare occurrence withing the game for IC reasons.  IT has been done in the past on a much smaller scale (a spell or two), but those those spells were gained in game, usually at great cost to the character.  If you want a swiss army magicker, app a sorcerer, and deal with the stigma and having 98% of the know world trying to hunt you down like a normal person. ;)

I think I suggested that in a post within the last couple of months. Making it so that you can pick two elemental subguilds in the same element, as a replacement for a main guild and a subguild. It'd be optional - but if you wanted to pick whiran/illusionist + whiran tempest you could. You won't ALSO be able to pick warrior or ranger etc. And you wouldn't be able to pick a mundane subguild at the same time, either. Though - after further thought, I think if you did pick two magick subguilds instead of a main guild and a magick subguild, the combo should at least come with a modest bump to skinning and foraging and your choice of one craft skill that can get as far as jman. That's just because it'd be WAY too restricted if the only coded things you could do were cast spells.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I vote no. Same reasons as what's been stated above. Don't need special snowflakes to be more special.
No shade and zero profit.

Bit of a moot point, considering an approaching total revamp of how guilds as whole work.