Idea About Watching a Fighter

Started by Cind, June 10, 2017, 11:52:04 PM

This is the idea;

If you are watching someone and they are fighting in the same room as you, and they are better than you, you have a negligible chance of getting better at fighting through watching them.

This would not always work every time it happens, but it would work enough so that it would be worth it to type 'watch good.dude' when other people are sparring so that you don't simply lose twenty minutes of time watching other people fight.

What do you think?
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I'm not sure I agree with the idea of speeding up combat progression outside of the allotted methods, however I know there are a few different MUDs that have some cool stock emotes that add flavor to the fight. It would be neat I think if you were watching someone, NPCs primarily you'll get a lot of animal and humanoid specific emotes.

- The raptor hisses and circles around, leaping on strong legs!

- The spindly armed gith recovers from unsure footing, it's guard not lowered a moment.

And etc.

All of these could be Hemotes so you would see them primarily only if you are watching the enemy, so you don't get flooded. Plus you'd also gain watch naturally.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Eh. I dont find this very realistic. You should encourage better fighters to turn their fights into a small lesson and use teach.

Offhand, I definitely think that if someone is fighting for more than 5-6 minutes either THEY should stop, or another group should go into another hall, if available.

Anecdotally, I think watching your opponent is great, and when I'm training I often watch the "more interesting" person, but if I knew it gave me skillups, I'd feel like it just wouldn't be the same. I'm game for a 5minute match, and the "superior" fighter gives a teach to all those that were watching like "Now, did you all see how I parried his big overhand strike not with only a weapon, but with a slight step to the side? Remember to work on that, when you're fighting" etc etc.

I think it would be weird if, codedly, you could become a halfway decent fighter, without ever having to fight another mobile in the game, because you watched someone do it.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.