Is the game down?

Started by Rogerthat, May 23, 2017, 04:23:09 PM

Crashers gonna crash
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

We are very close to having some things to deploy that should make the crashes happen less.

Quote from: Nathvaan on June 29, 2017, 12:07:44 AM
We are very close to having some things to deploy that should make the crashes happen less.

DEPLOY THE SPACE VESTRICS

I guess it wasn't just me then...

By the way, on the /old/ armageddon page, you can see uptime.

http://old.armageddon.org/

Scroll down towards the bottom.

I have a script that monitors this and logs me in, sells my hides, then logs out whenever there's a reboot.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on June 29, 2017, 07:53:39 AM

I have a script that monitors this and logs me in, sells my hides, then logs out whenever there's a reboot.

I assume you're kidding?
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: nauta on June 29, 2017, 07:53:39 AM

Won't do you much good, I have an NPC that does the same, and it has no movement lag.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Script Noob! Mine runs me form outpost to outpost (on an erdlu so I outrun aggros), resting my mount in room away from aggro spawn points, buy lows and sells high.  This runs for about three game days, then returns me to Luir's, deposits the coins, and sends me to the spice den to buy a bottle of whiskey, roll some tho' and rent a whore to celebrate with.  After all the crashes last week, I'm sitting on about 600,000 obsidian coins in my Nenyuk account and my character now has sandfleas and possibly a case of crotch-rot.  Thug-lyfe, merchant style.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Mine barters them down to 0 just to troll people.  I ain't in it for the sid.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on June 29, 2017, 12:17:15 PM
Mine barters them down to 0 just to troll people.  I ain't in it for the sid.
Fine, you win.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The crashes and consequences of said crashes got frustrating enough that my logged in time took a really big nosedive.  I'm looking forward to things getting sorted.  Thanks to the staff-folk working on getting things more stable.

Quote from: manipura on June 30, 2017, 02:32:48 AM

The crashes and consequences of said crashes got frustrating enough that my logged in time took a really big nosedive.  I'm looking forward to things getting sorted.  Thanks to the staff-folk working on getting things more stable.

As frustrating as it is for you all I can assure you we find it as frustrating or maybe even more so (hello reimbursement requests)!  I have been working hard to get a reasonable patch ready ASAP but there are some other mitigating circumstances that are slowing the release.  I think I am at a place where I can run my test plans again but it took way more coding than expected. I hope to get the last of the bugs worked out shortly. We believe that there are three distinct bugs that can crash us that will be resolved. Please bear with us as we get this all sorted!

Or is it just my connection?
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Its down for me too.
I thought my demons were almost defeated, but you took their side and you pulled them to freedom.

July 11, 2017, 07:45:31 PM #39 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:58:44 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Armageddon last booted 30 seconds ago.

Except... I've been logged in for a solid 10 minutes with no interruption.

SEAMLESS REBOOTS!?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on July 17, 2017, 09:30:12 AM
Armageddon last booted 30 seconds ago.

Except... I've been logged in for a solid 10 minutes with no interruption.

SEAMLESS REBOOTS!?

If only we could do seamless reboots!

I can only assume you are getting that from old.armageddon.org.  As the name states, it is old and not maintained at all.  Current uptime is 03:17:25 after the maint. reboot and release this morning so it's clearly just reporting improperly.

Aw. Its usually PRETTY accurate.

I was kind of hoping there was somehow a method of integrating code without a reboot. Though at that point, the Merchant Class would become super-nerfed. ;)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on July 17, 2017, 09:47:22 AM
Aw. Its usually PRETTY accurate.

I was kind of hoping there was somehow a method of integrating code without a reboot. Though at that point, the Merchant Class would become super-nerfed. ;)

Yeah, I totally see what I did there.  Minor misstep with my reboot procedure this morning.  Should be all back to normal now!

?
Whatever happens, happens.

[-screeches-]
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

:o Not again..
At your table, the bulky, olive-skinned woman says in sirihish, bluntly:
         "You sound like you're about to orgasm or bein' tickled to death when you talk. Just.. be calm. Breathe."

Quote from: Kialae on July 18, 2017, 12:28:16 AM
It was Whitt.

Someone grab the tar.. I got the feathers.
At your table, the bulky, olive-skinned woman says in sirihish, bluntly:
         "You sound like you're about to orgasm or bein' tickled to death when you talk. Just.. be calm. Breathe."

Quote from: Kialae on July 18, 2017, 12:28:16 AM
It was Whitt.

Son of a .... Let's get him!
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.