Author Topic: Coder Transparency - Bandages  (Read 1750 times)

Nathvaan

• Administrator
Re: Coder Transparency - Bandages
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »
If this works how I'm thinking, I like the idea that "anyone" can attempt to at least stabilize someone, and get them to someone with a better handle on things.

Maybe they take you to a magicker to heal you because they're the only one online. Maybe they don't. But its better than bleeding to death for 30minutes because nobody is online.
Yeah, as long as we are clear.  Anyone can ATTEMPT to bandage but that's not to say they will be very good at it.  It just means it will let you try!

Riev

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 11:34:08 AM »
If this works how I'm thinking, I like the idea that "anyone" can attempt to at least stabilize someone, and get them to someone with a better handle on things.

Maybe they take you to a magicker to heal you because they're the only one online. Maybe they don't. But its better than bleeding to death for 30minutes because nobody is online.
Yeah, as long as we are clear.  Anyone can ATTEMPT to bandage but that's not to say they will be very good at it.  It just means it will let you try!

Oh. Yeah. Absolutely, you aren't stabilizing someone in critical condition if you've been a dung shoveler your whole life, but who knows? Maybe with the right bandages and situation, you can at least stop them from dying.

I'm sure it hasn't happened OFTEN, but to be at negative HPs and you can only wait and hope the NPC doesn't kill you, or that your HP hits positive, is boring and nervewracking at the same time. At least with this, anyone CAN at least try to help, instead of borrowing a knife from John.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Miradus

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 01:42:56 PM »

I've killed rather a lot of people on accident with mercy on just because they went incapped and I couldn't bandage them.

I, and my future victims, think this is a great change.

nessalin

• Board Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 02:16:08 PM »
If your droog is laying there with their chest cracked open breathing their last, couldn't hurt to shove a few wads of bandages into the opening, pray one up to Shai-Hulud, and hope for the best.  Fair chance you'll end up killing them. Might be that was going to happen, anyway.

helix

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »
Not sure if this is the proper place for feedback for this change, however...

Having played with this for the last couple of days, and having needed to be bandaged several times during those days, I do like how this is working much better than the old system. Haven't experienced any issues, yet.

FantasyWriter

• Tales of Then--Reflections of Now
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 02:07:15 PM »
I, also, really like how this is working so far.
Greb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Grapes

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2017, 02:41:52 PM »
Been toying with this some as of late. Sleeping seems more or less required with certain levels of wounded-ness (with lowest quality bandages, though) even at higher levels of skill. Will need to play with it more.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 05:23:43 PM »
Additionally almost any injury will be capable of being bandaged.

When will the code be fixed to allow a PC to bandage NPCs back from near-death again?
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.