I made my first ever plugin, an Armageddon theme for MUSHclient.

Started by RiftTalon, May 20, 2017, 04:27:18 PM

It took a few hours just to learn what I needed to do to make this work, since I knew nothing about making plugins for MUSHclient, but here it is. (Some information blocked for obvious reasons.)

It has a dark, near-black background that gradually gets redder and smoky near the bottom, and a bar at the top with an edited version of the Armageddon logo. Not complex, but it looks nice.

Dunno if this is the correct forum to post this on, or if it's even allowed, but I was kind of proud of it and thought I'd show it off.

I like the logo on the top!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on May 20, 2017, 06:53:47 PM
I like the logo on the top!

Thanks! I just took the original logo from google, changed the hue of the left side, and then added some blue text with drop-shadow underneath it. Here's a better picture of it:

There should be a subforum in player collaboration to collect various plugins and scripts for clients.  Then...put this in thurr!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

So sexy.

Quote from: Armaddict on May 20, 2017, 08:36:04 PM
There should be a subforum in player collaboration to collect various plugins and scripts for clients.  Then...put this in thurr!

^ Agreed.

If anybody wants the theme, I can set it up for download on Mediafire or Google Drive or something.

It would definitely be nice to have a subforum for plugins for various clients like this. I have to run to google anytime I do a reformat because its too hard to find the MUSHclient infobar stuff via a search here, but google links right to the GDB thread. Having somewhere to collect things like that would probably encourage appropriately minded people to make more of them and also alert others to the available resources. Not to mention having a staff-supported area for finding such things would make them available to staff to comb through and approve, instead of people getting them off the cloud all willy nilly and just assuming that everything is safe.

Quote from: Sedora on May 23, 2017, 09:10:18 AM
It would definitely be nice to have a subforum for plugins for various clients like this. I have to run to google anytime I do a reformat because its too hard to find the MUSHclient infobar stuff via a search here, but google links right to the GDB thread. Having somewhere to collect things like that would probably encourage appropriately minded people to make more of them and also alert others to the available resources. Not to mention having a staff-supported area for finding such things would make them available to staff to comb through and approve, instead of people getting them off the cloud all willy nilly and just assuming that everything is safe.

I agree, a resource like that would be invaluable to anyone thinking about making or using plugins or scripts.

I'll see about setting up a subforum and gathering old posts with plugins to put into it later today.

Quote from: Nergal on May 23, 2017, 12:23:03 PM
I'll see about setting up a subforum and gathering old posts with plugins to put into it later today.

Thank you Nergal!