Auto-defense!

Started by Chettaman, May 18, 2017, 08:28:43 AM

The dood attempts to disarm you, but you lead his attempt!
You fumble and drop your own weapon!

I've heard many complain about the automatic defenses of disarm. I don't hear too much about the other auto-defenses, but my solution is this...

I feel like "mercy on" or maybe another command (could be created) and could allow one to control this automatic reaction. What say you?!
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

If this were to be implemented, I'd prefer that it'd be a new command instead of 'mercy on'. Just because you have mercy on doesn't mean you wouldn't take take any chance to take out your opponent faster.
No shade and zero profit.

.... nosave skills!

Just do it you'll be fine.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

This is not a problem.

Abject disarm crit-fails are pretty uncommon once you've reached the point where you are reversing disarm attempts.  Almost nothing in the game is foolproof, and the consequences of rolling a natural 1 in this circumstance are minimal, unless you are entirely overmatched despite being better at disarm.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Discounting the "You fumble and drop your own!" on the reverse-attempt, I do find it mildly inconvenient with disarm vs disarm when you're 'just defending'. Maybe you don't want to "waste your energy" fancifully reversing kicks and bashes.

However, again, in MOST situations this isn't a problem, unless the lesser-skilled opponent is spamming which is another issue entirely.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.