Author Topic: Capacity/Weight/Volume  (Read 330 times)

manipura

Capacity/Weight/Volume
« on: May 15, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »
Example:
I have a bag/satchel.  I assess it a few times and see it can hold about 26-33 stones.  It is less than half full.  Therefore there should be -at least- 13 stones of available capacity still, right, because it's less than half full?

I have a pouch.  I assess it a few times and see it can hold about 5-7 stones.  The max amount it can hold is just slightly more than half of the capacity I still have in my satchel.  I should be able to stick my pouch in my satchel, even if it's full, because math. 
However I cannot put my pouch into my less than half full satchel, which should have plenty of room for it.  I cannot even put my half-full pouch into my satchel because the code is just wonky when it comes to this sort of thing.

Why are containers so broken (and frustrating) when it comes to capacity? 
Is there any way for the weight and capacity of items to be fixed, or is it just something the code can't do and won't ever be able to do?

seidhr

• Administrator
Re: Capacity/Weight/Volume
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:00:30 AM »

Nergal

• Producer
Re: Capacity/Weight/Volume
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 08:25:52 AM »
The answer's complicated, and the situation is based on a number of factors. But it suffices to say that if you can't fit something into a container, there is either:
1) No room for it in the container
2) No room for it in the room the container is in