It's a good time to start that character you've been considering.

Started by RogueGunslinger, May 15, 2017, 06:11:41 PM

I know there's quite a few players who visit the forums but don't currently or actively play. Well, if you're wondering, now is the time to get back into the thick of things. It honestly feels a bit like a Renaissance of plots and interesting things to do. The rumor boards are seeing a incredible amount of posts.

There's a ton going on. Easy to run into people around Allanak at all times of the day. The clans are doing cool stuff, but recently to me it seems that independent play is WAY more supported than it has ever been before.  Player clans that have lasted quite a while, a player-ran shop in the bazaar, opportunities to join a hunting crew, or a raiding group that might prey on them. Active jobs and bounties set up by GMH's/Nobles/Templarates for independents that allow you to actually make a living in a multitude of cool ways.

The Gladiators are an awesome addition that have a lot of promise. Especially considering pretty much anyone can app for a secondary pc gladiator. And it's more than just violence and killing things in the arena, there's an entire political and status aspect to it now that allow for more non-com interaction.

The game just has a buzz to it lately. If you've been hesitant to start a PC, now is the best time to do it in years.

Agreed. I am having a lot of fun the ladt few weeks. Active, interesting, and bloody.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Do it!
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I always liked the idea of a Krathi (Destruction now, I guess?) in Tuluk, who outright believes they were given their powers from Muk Utep Himself, and tasked with the destruction of those who would move against Tuluk's beliefs, SIMILAR to the trope of the mercenary who creates a world but doesn't belong in it.

Someone speak ill about the Legions in public? That's a fireball.
Didn't say "His Light" when a Chosen came around? That's a fireball.
Trying to arrest me, His Chosen Flame? That's a fireball.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Just 'cause you can't live in Tuluk doesn't mean you can't still play that character.  Take the Sun King's justice to the rest of the world, crazy man!
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Riev on May 17, 2017, 10:05:25 AM
I always liked the idea of a Krathi (Destruction now, I guess?) in Tuluk, who outright believes they were given their powers from Muk Utep Himself, and tasked with the destruction of those who would move against Tuluk's beliefs, SIMILAR to the trope of the mercenary who creates a world but doesn't belong in it.

Someone speak ill about the Legions in public? That's a fireball.
Didn't say "His Light" when a Chosen came around? That's a fireball.
Trying to arrest me, His Chosen Flame? That's a fireball.

"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Yeah, that's the one. I knew it was Chiwetel Ejiofor, but could not for the life of me remember what his character's name was, or The Operative.

Making me look foolish? That's a fireball.
Threatening Nessalin? That's a ban.

Oop!

But really, still on topic, I'm not at the point where I think I could do that role justice outside of spamming skills until I CAN fireball errybody, and then I'd find a way to die to a gortok defending THE KINGDOM.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 23, 2016, 09:25:41 PM
I think I'll give one a go on my next PC just to see.

Name: Dayman
Race Human
Guild: Warrior
Subguild: Krathi-touched Destruction
Objective: Fight the Nightman, master karate, friendship

Point: Morin's

Also PRAISE THE SUN

May 18, 2017, 06:39:58 PM #10 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:07:28 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

I wish I had a sun of my very own.  Also make a character.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Just for shits:

I also want to make a character who sells so much poop to the Poopsmith in Tuluk (may he rest in feces) that the ONLY MIRUKKIM I EVER KNOW is "There's more than just poop in this bag". And I will say it to every dwarf in greeting.

I was thinking about rolling up a new Storyteller when my current character is done.  Any useful tips on background concepts or a good objective to set for future play?
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Quote from: nessalin on May 19, 2017, 01:17:35 PM
I was thinking about rolling up a new Storyteller when my current character is done.  Any useful tips on background concepts or a good objective to set for future play?

The Storyteller who has been depraved of brainz is always a good place to start. 
A staff member sends:
     "The mind you have reached is currently unavailable.  Please try again later."

Quote from: nessalin on May 19, 2017, 01:17:35 PM

Background concept: Only leadership experience is as a de-facto Guild Leader on accident back in 2005, and otherwise hasn't sent in a Request or communicated with staff. Future goals: Bring about a small copper mine in an area that is actually impossible to get to without staff assistance, lawd it over all the plebs.