Author Topic: Guild Revamp - Sneak Peek  (Read 4917 times)

manipura

Re: Guild Revamp - Sneak Peek
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2017, 09:05:58 PM »
Pretty sure there are two quit rooms between the east stables and Red's.  The one outside the Byn gates was already mentioned, the other is under the tarp in the dusty plaza.  I always felt like it would make sense for the hovel inside the narrow sandstone building (boot-seller) to be a quit room too.

Feco

« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2017, 09:39:23 PM »
Wagon yard is probably a quit room, too.  Haven't checked recently.
Sunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Lizzie

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2017, 09:57:45 PM »
Pretty sure there are two quit rooms between the east stables and Red's.  The one outside the Byn gates was already mentioned, the other is under the tarp in the dusty plaza.  I always felt like it would make sense for the hovel inside the narrow sandstone building (boot-seller) to be a quit room too.

The tarp is only 2 rooms from Red's. No need to even look for that spot, or remember that it exists. The Byn gates isn't on the way from anywhere, to anywhere.  My point was loosely related to the skill revamp (which is the topic of this thread). The whole "rangers can quit out in almost any room outsidfe cities in the game" thing vs. "if you're trying to get from the east stable area/merchant house clan halls to the commoners quarter of the city, and you get waylaid by RP and then have to log out halfway through your  70+-room trek, you have no choice other than to quit-ooc, which is an awkward workaround." As I said - city-based classes could use some love too, with regards to that particular issue. Rangers have (or had) ranger-quit. Doesn't make sense to have a class-based quit in the city, but at least one more quit-safe room halfway between A and B would be nice.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

lostinspace

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »
Lots of quit rooms behind locks doors, someone might be sleeping in your apartment RIGHT NOW!
3/21/16 Never Forget

Jihelu

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2017, 10:58:22 PM »
Lots of quit rooms behind locks doors, someone might be sleeping in your apartment RIGHT NOW!
Please stop letting people know that I am a serial apartment sleeper.
Shade, profits, and George Bush did 9/11

hopeandsorrow

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »
IF we all thought about it.

It is 2017, maybe every room should just be a damn quit room and we be done with it?

Jihelu

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2017, 11:19:24 PM »
IF we all thought about it.

It is 2017, maybe every room should just be a damn quit room and we be done with it?
Please.
I just want to be able to go outside.
Shade, profits, and George Bush did 9/11

manipura

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2017, 01:35:00 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing just ONE more quit-safe room for "anyone" in Allanak: Somewhere between the eastern stables and Red's Retreat, that isn't the Silver Ginka. Maybe a niche between two buildings on Caravan near Meleth's Circle, or a patch of shade to the side of a hut in the southwestern corner of the bazaar.

City people need love too. Not just wilderness folks.

The tarp is only 2 rooms from Red's. No need to even look for that spot, or remember that it exists. The Byn gates isn't on the way from anywhere, to anywhere.  My point was loosely related to the skill revamp (which is the topic of this thread). The whole "rangers can quit out in almost any room outsidfe cities in the game" thing vs. "if you're trying to get from the east stable area/merchant house clan halls to the commoners quarter of the city, and you get waylaid by RP and then have to log out halfway through your  70+-room trek, you have no choice other than to quit-ooc, which is an awkward workaround." As I said - city-based classes could use some love too, with regards to that particular issue. Rangers have (or had) ranger-quit. Doesn't make sense to have a class-based quit in the city, but at least one more quit-safe room halfway between A and B would be nice.

When you requested additional quit rooms, other than Red's, I assumed you meant for RP reasons not for OOC convenience. 

As long as the player needing to quit-OOC has given it a teeny bit of thought, I've never really seen it be so awkward as people seem to think it is. 
And it really does make every room a quit room, for those times when you can't, for whatever reason, take another minute or two to get to the nearest tavern/stable/wagonyard/apartment/etc.

But yeah, more love for certain classes isn't a bad thing.

Bushranger

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2017, 02:10:14 AM »
city-quit for certain city based guilds in the guild revamp?  :D
Quote from: Morgenes
Ya..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.
Quote from: Eukelade
Now I'm starving -1 karma Bushranger -1 karma.
Quote from: Shalooonsh
Kudos to you bushranger for confusing staff.

Lizzie

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing just ONE more quit-safe room for "anyone" in Allanak: Somewhere between the eastern stables and Red's Retreat, that isn't the Silver Ginka. Maybe a niche between two buildings on Caravan near Meleth's Circle, or a patch of shade to the side of a hut in the southwestern corner of the bazaar.

City people need love too. Not just wilderness folks.

When you requested additional quit rooms, other than Red's, I assumed you meant for RP reasons not for OOC convenience. 

As long as the player needing to quit-OOC has given it a teeny bit of thought, I've never really seen it be so awkward as people seem to think it is. 
And it really does make every room a quit room, for those times when you can't, for whatever reason, take another minute or two to get to the nearest tavern/stable/wagonyard/apartment/etc.

But yeah, more love for certain classes isn't a bad thing.

There is no RP reason for a quit-safe room. Quitting out of the game is a mechanical ooc activity. Has nothing to do with roleplay, at all (except to avoid it, which you need to do if you're trying to log out of the game).

Brokkr

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2017, 03:43:57 PM »
33 room trek through the city, from east stables to Red's.

The Arboretum is 3 rooms off this trek.

T'zai Byn gates are 4 rooms off this trek.

Tarp is on the trek.

So at most you are about roughly 13 rooms from a quit room at any point during the journey, just less than 20 if you only consider going one way and not backtracking.

I am not sure distance from quit room, for this example, makes the case for city quit well.

nauta

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »
IIRC there's also a quit room in one of the tents in the Bazaar itself.

Still, a really obvious and convenient quit room right there on Meleth's would be keen.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Lizzie

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2017, 05:12:01 PM »
IIRC there's also a quit room in one of the tents in the Bazaar itself.

Still, a really obvious and convenient quit room right there on Meleth's would be keen.

I'll have to take a look for that. If that's true, and IF that room is closer to the southwest corner than it is to the northeast (and therefore, further from the stables quit-safe room), then that'd probably do the trick.

I don't believe the Arboretum is accessible to the public, Brokkr. Last I recalled you had to be in specific clans to get through the door. And again, the Byn isn't on the way to or from anywhere.

My desire stems from being at a halfway point - or near to it, on the way from the west to the east, and needing to quit out, while there are other PCs around who might need/want to RP with mine over the way or in person. It's awkward, and clunky, when rangers who aren't in the city can just type quit and be done with it. No need to have to try and avoid RP, or attempt to put up a psionic barrier if you don't want to, or risk having to use quit-ooc on any kind of regular basis. I'm not saying that it's a necessary thing to have more quit rooms. I'm saying - it'd be nice if there was one more near Meleth's, that ANYONE could access.

Or, give city-quit to city-based guilds, just like you have ranger-quit for rangers. I like my idea better - that one extra quit-safe room would be great, and less involved, and less cumbersome, and less work.

tapas

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2017, 01:39:46 PM »
Less walking distance to and from noble/merchant estates would be pretty sweet. But I just quit ooc when I don't feel like walking for 10 rooms.

Armaddict

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »
More quit opportunity in the city is akin to saying that staying logged in for 2 minutes to walk away is a harsh injustice of code mechanics.  Quit OOC is already used to get around this, more often than not.  I agree with city-quit being very meh.

Shrinking things down for this is wholly unnecessary, and a large inconvenience on other portions of the game that are more subtly intertwined with this (e.g. Don't complain about assassination scenes being sudden and jarring when you're lobbying for fewer opportunities to do it while racing against movement speed).
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Cind

« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »
I'd like to see maybe two more quit rooms in Allanak because Allanak is big and one more in Storm because its always a bit awkward when you're a Stormer or especially a raider/bad guy and some rando bynner has to go quit in the tavern because they can't quit in an alley/shanty because mechanics.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Incognito

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2017, 04:43:38 PM »
I would suggest a 4-way-exit NoSave Dark NoSleep room with guards at the southern end of Tradesmen's Street.

North exit to Tradesmen Street - for rinthers and Bynners
East exit to the Bazaar - for merchants, noble-house servants or anyone else for that matter
West exit to the Elementalist quarter - for gemmed folk
South exit to Meleth's Circle - for everyone

NoSave - so people dont drop stuff there and expect to find it later.
Dark - so people can't see who's entering/leaving the game and moving in which direction.
NoSleep - so people dont sleep there for regen and stuff.
Guards - just to ensure PCs dont try to abuse that room to steal/kill/backstab/throw etc. (I don't know if there's an option to set a room as nocombat/nosteal/CALM/nomagick - but I think the concept is clear enough to understand).

Practically, something near there should suffice for everyone to quit out and re-enter the game and move into whatever direction they wish to - without letting others know.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Brokkr

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2017, 06:13:11 PM »
Quick Update!

I wanted to let folks know that this project has not fallen by the wayside.

On taking up some of the work the first thing I did was a corporate style re-org to rename the home advantages.  What used to be called city, wilderness and general we are now calling criminal, wilderness and city, in order to better reflect the underlying competencies and chunks of population, without changing anything about the underlying structure!

After this impressive win, I took a break for a few weeks.

But seriously, work progresses.  I'm going to leave this topic locked for now, will reopen when there is more to share!