Player-Staff Meeting: Proxy Questions

Started by ArmageddonMUD, April 23, 2017, 04:34:39 PM

April 23, 2017, 04:34:39 PM Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:36:36 PM by ArmageddonMUD
Please use this thread to post questions you want to ask by proxy because you won't be able to attend the player-staff meeting announced here: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,52421.msg985428/boardseen.html#new

Please do not use this thread to discuss or answer questions, or discuss other aspects of a player-staff meeting. Please only use this thread to post questions.  All other posts will be considered off-topic.

For those of us who are heavily code oriented and want to see more coded expansion in the game as far as producing content...

How big is 'too big'?  What is considered too large of a task for us to present as a solution?  How far are coders willing to go before it turns into 'time drain' versus 'Good addition to the game?'
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Alas, I don't think I'll be able to make the meeting. A few questions though (most of which I'm sure will be asked anyway):

• Have the staff considered reopening Tuluk seriously, or at least another PC sphere alternative, or is the plan to double down on 'nak?
  • Does Luir's serve an important enough role in the game story all the way out there?
  • Does the game still have an inherently post-apocalyptic hard-to-live-environment atmosphere? Is this reflected in the plots, guilds, goings on?
  • Oash has the Circle, but the other open noble houses have no PC clans beneath them that are currently active. Has staff ever considered having fewer noble houses open to noble PCs but opening active clans (like the Wyverns or Elite) under them?

That's all I got for now! Might edit with more later.
The human vagabond steps forward, blocking a filthy grey rat from the curtain.
The human vagabond says, in sirihish:
     "You're not allowed in there."

The game, and its virtual economy, seem structured on the fact that certain organizations monopolize certain trades. This house does raw goods, this one does water, that one works in slaves, and the like.

For a player, part of the strife they might encounter is being seen as a minor threat to one of these monopolies, but how likely IS it that an indie group can even come close to affording to create things that a GMH or Noble House does, enough to be threatening or bought out?

Also in that vein, outside of the MMH long-process, what is the expectancy of an indie group to survive if the things they create or specialize in are not in demand with NPC vendors? (I'm look at you, oil-based cleaners)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I'm really hoping to attend this live, but in case I don't...

inflation of the game currency.  it seems inevitable.  how to combat it?
related:
coin sinks vs coin faucets, is there adequate balance?
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

I work Saturdays.

1) What active publicity efforts are being/will be made in the near future?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

I'd be interested in hearing about the planned update to the karma system.  Even if it's just very general stuff about what you're trying to accomplish with the change.

April 26, 2017, 11:16:30 AM #7 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 07:43:17 AM by Molten Heart
Currently, there are areas in the game where the "map" just ends, stopping continued travel in certain directions but the game world is assumed to continue on virtually.

Is there any interest or desire by staff (or even plans) to expand the game world on a larger scale with the addition of new wilderness areas and/or even civilized settlements? And is there anything players could do to help or assist staff with a project like this?
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

With a couple years worth of experience and knowledge, does the current staff team feel the Builder program was/is a success? Are there things you know now that you wish you knew going in?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Are those friendly giants in RSE ever going to poke their heads out and say hello?  I assume their motto is "we came for the land, but we stay for the Mek steaks"
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

What is the ideal state of the game to be in, at which another location in the world would be opened up for players to play in?  Is there a player population goal that we should aim for, before new areas are built?

Was closing of Tuluk successful in consolidating the world and plots?  What are the 'lessons learned' from that?

What is "success" for ArmageddonMUD ?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

1. After guild changes will staff consider taking another look at regular/extended sub-guilds in order to increase and improve currently selection based on player feedback?

2. It feels like alot of the changes, including guild and exended guild changes are taken straight out of ideas out of Arm2, are there anymore Arm2 ideas that the staff wish to be implemented?

3. There seems to be a big disparity between the value of strength and other stats, even agility.  Any thoughts on this?

4. Will the staff consider removing the seemingly omnipotent virtual presence in the game? The type of stuff that allows volcanoes to shift across the known?