Gladiators

Started by Renenutet, April 12, 2017, 07:48:23 PM

can anybody think of a reason to app any main guild other than Warrior?
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Quote from: 650Booger on April 13, 2017, 02:28:23 PM

You may find that this quickly becomes a non issue!
!!!!
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

Codedly, I can think of a few combinations that, while maybe not able to win in a straight 1v1, will certainly survive long enough to put on one damned good show.

If you're talking someone who can fight 12 gith gladiators and come out on top, well, that's something different. These sound more like "social" gladiators whose job is to entertain, like a bard, only their flute is a dagger and the music is the steaming blood as it hits the sands.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

April 13, 2017, 04:44:36 PM #29 Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:05:27 PM by John
I'm not apping due to reliability issues. But I'll certainly be doing my best to provide buy in and support with my interactions with the gladiators themselves!

QuoteThe Armageddon kitchen isn't a single track - this clan, this role call - it's all been pushed by Renenutet themselves since day one. They've been working on it for a long time while everyone else on staff have been preparing the other stew ingredients.

"You ungrateful bastard!" XD

I didn't mean for it to come off that way, moreso trying to continue to push in positive directions.  I in no way, shape, or form think this is bad (and I think it will be fun!), just expressing hopes that it will move in those areas where this broth gets -meaty!-.  A 'don't stop here, this can build into good things, as long as you don't expect this to become the substance of the stew', if you will.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on April 13, 2017, 04:59:33 PM
QuoteThe Armageddon kitchen isn't a single track - this clan, this role call - it's all been pushed by Renenutet themselves since day one. They've been working on it for a long time while everyone else on staff have been preparing the other stew ingredients.

"You ungrateful bastard!" XD

I didn't mean for it to come off that way, moreso trying to continue to push in positive directions.  I in no way, shape, or form think this is bad (and I think it will be fun!), just expressing hopes that it will move in those areas where this broth gets -meaty!-.  A 'don't stop here, this can build into good things, as long as you don't expect this to become the substance of the stew', if you will.

Sorry if I came across as slamming you over this - I was trying to allay your fears - I had interpreted your comment as being "this isn't meaty, if only there had been more meat!". There is meat (of a sorts?) - as well as the meat that's in the Gladiator plot - it's all sliding down the chopping board.

Have we slaughtered this analogy yet?

QuoteHave we slaughtered this analogy yet?

Not until we get some half-giant stew, fresh from the arena loss.  :D
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on April 13, 2017, 06:10:25 PM
QuoteHave we slaughtered this analogy yet?

Not until we get some half-giant stew, fresh from the arena loss.  :D

#Byn2017

"No history of unpredictability".

DISQUALIFIED.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Renenutet on April 13, 2017, 02:44:34 PM

You may find that this quickly becomes a non issue!
!!!!
This tidbit.   Four exclamation marks, too.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Neat!

I'm assuming this is what that armor submission request was for ;)
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on April 15, 2017, 11:00:12 AM
Neat!

I'm assuming this is what that armor submission request was for ;)

Correct.
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

Quote from: Renenutet on April 13, 2017, 09:43:49 AM
I will try to answer all your questions later today. Meanwhile, I want to explain that this is meant to be a permanent addition to the Allanak clans.

(And it's going to be THE BEST CLAN EVER!)

Did I miss something? Because I still have the following question:

Quote from: Exen44 on April 12, 2017, 10:26:42 PM
I actually have a question for the staff as well.Will there be another opportunity to become a gladiator of this sort? I realize that you probably don't know but what I'm asking is whether or not there's a possibility there will be in the future or if this is meant to be a one time thing.

Eventually some of these gladiators are bound to die (just like every character in Armageddon), which will leave a gap if this gladiator thing is something you mean to expand open further with regular sorts of these characters or even go as far as to have more than three at a time. And I'm hoping by the time that happens, I will get a chance to apply for full time Gladiator PC.

Anyway, that's my question.
No shade and zero profit.

Yes, we intend for the this clan to be permanent.

Quote from: Renenutet on April 15, 2017, 10:57:32 PM
Yes, we intend for the this clan to be permanent.

Alright, thank you.
No shade and zero profit.

Awesome concept, and a great way to implement it.

You're not going to please everyone of course; I, however, love the idea (even if a role like this isn't suited for me).

GJ!

'Be the first kid on the block to try out a brand new main guild. '

:o :o

The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Sounds awesome. New guild, new clan, all wrapped up in one. Looking forward to eventually seeing the help file on it (I appreciate that it's not already public yet - IG discovery should have first dibs on it!)
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

This is objectively hype. Looking forward to seeing these PCs in game.
Aranix

April 16, 2017, 06:52:23 PM #46 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:51:58 PM by Malken
Feh!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I foresee a flood of <insert new guild name here> once it's mad3 available to the general player base.

It's gladiator specific.

I was literally about to post that exact same thing Ret, was going to say pretty sure it will be gladiator specific.