Author Topic: Bandage  (Read 91 times)

Melkor

Bandage
« on: April 08, 2017, 07:19:24 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that the bandage skill is in need of a hefty revamp?

Here are a few of my gripes with the skill:

As a physician subguild with maxed bandage skill, with good stats, using quality bandages, I still find myself failing 4/5 times. I find it more dangerous to use than not.

Also, I think it is pretty ridiculous that, if you are at 60% health, just a hair under when you would not automatically regen HP, that you could potentially bandage yourself to death. What is this guy doing? Ripping out veins and arteries and stuffing the bandages underneath? I mean, boy scouts learn to effectively and safely tend to very serious wounds, often using salvaged bandaging materials to do so.... But a Zalanthan can bandage himself to death from 60% hp, basically just wrapping cloth around a gash...?
And thus, I became a Madman.

Pale Horse

Re: Bandage
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 08:20:32 PM »
You're not the only one.

Everyone has at one time or another pointed out what you mentioned.  The bandage skill is kind of borked.

If I remember right, a re-vamp of it is on Staff's radar, but it's of lower priority.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Hauwke

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 08:21:23 PM »
I must be stupidly lucky with bandage because I fail like 1 every 15 times or so.

Melkor

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 08:49:11 PM »
I must be stupidly lucky with bandage because I fail like 1 every 15 times or so.

Or maybe I am stupidly unlucky. Shrug.

my 80% failure rate is pretty consistent, though. ATM feels like the only reason subguild physician is remotely useful is for brew.
And thus, I became a Madman.