Change Color Categories

Started by Exen44, April 08, 2017, 05:49:23 PM

April 08, 2017, 05:49:23 PM Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:27:27 PM by Exen44
Hi, I've recently decided to actually start making use of the 'change color' command to help with the walls of texts I'm having to read when playing and so I can distinguish certain things more than others. Combat especially, since in big fights you tend to lose track of what the hell is happening when there's a lot of people involved.

Anyway, I did 'help change color' (After turning on the ANSI stuff in the main menu) and while it was for the most part helpful there are some questions I have about it.

• What exactly is the difference between foreground and background? My intial assumption is that foreground is the text itself while the background is behind the text but I'd like to be sure.
  • Although I kind of know what combat_charhit and combat_charmiss, what exactly is combat_victhit and combat_victmiss? What's the difference between char and vict?

I think that's everything. I apologize if this discussion has already been had but I did a quick read through the current topics but I couldn't find anything directly related to this.

Thank you anyway in advance.

Edit: Oh, and what is combat_room as well?
No shade and zero profit.

Vichit is the opponent and roomcombat is everyone else. So combat you are not directly involved in.

Quote from: Hauwke on April 08, 2017, 08:19:58 PM
Vichit is the opponent and roomcombat is everyone else. So combat you are not directly involved in.

Ah, alright. Thank you.

Now there's just the matter of finding out what foreground and background is.

Foreground is also the text itself. And background is sort of like a highlight for it.

Quote from: Hauwke on April 08, 2017, 08:26:34 PM
Foreground is also the text itself. And background is sort of like a highlight for it.

That answers that, then. Much obliged.

the looks of realization on my face is golden right now. How do I do this? I'd like to use it to highlight and change colors of my hits and misses in combat, and I wonder what other useful stuff can be had. tips? Thanks guys!

Quote from: amazingjoe on April 14, 2017, 10:58:44 PM
the looks of realization on my face is golden right now. How do I do this? I'd like to use it to highlight and change colors of my hits and misses in combat, and I wonder what other useful stuff can be had. tips? Thanks guys!

Type 'help change color' in-game and read through that. It'll tell you everything you need to know apart from the things discussed in this thread.

There was a big discussion about it a few months ago, if you would like the colouring I use however I am more than willing to copy paste you a copy of it.

Quote from: Hauwke on April 15, 2017, 06:05:26 AM
There was a big discussion about it a few months ago, if you would like the colouring I use however I am more than willing to copy paste you a copy of it.

I'd actually be interested to see the colouring you use in case it's better than what I use.

Alright, I got your message. Thanks.

No problem. Took me so long to get it done because lately I cant do anything multiwindow, its either play the game or use the gdb.