power emoting

Started by 650Booger, March 30, 2017, 07:16:18 PM

Is it okay to power emote VNPC actions?

what about power emoting with an object that is something living (like grebbed-up insects)?
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

I would say that it really depends on the degree of power emoting. Lets say you are uber well trained warrior, entirely unbeatable to even the highest echelons of other players. Im pretty sure you could realistically punch a vnpc in the Gaj with no real issue.

As a Templar or Noble you could quite easily make vnpcs bow to you and no one would bat an eye lash.
I for one have shoved beggars and such away in the market through the use of vnpcs.

As for the insects. Yeah I think its probably alright to emote them scuttling around in your hand whatever way you want. Just be realistic with it is all.

I also think it depends. The examples in the post above I think are good for one end of the spectrum. On the other side, here's some examples of what I think are -not- good ideas:

1. Having conversations with your VNPC children. Why? a. circumventing the language code by nesting conversations in emotes is against the rules and b. circumventing the ability of other people to "listen" to both sides of the conversation by NOT using the language code is also against the rules.

2. Always being the "winner" of PC vs. VNPC "contests." Meaning:
>You stare at the tressy-tressed man, who withers and runs away.
>You squint at the green-eyed elf, who slinks off.
>You push your way through the crowd, bowling over the bald dwarf. The dwarf responds - not at all.
>You blow a kiss and the roguish rogue catches it in the air, beaming a smile at you!

If you're going to use VNPCs in your emotes, let yourself be the loser once in awhile.

>You stare at the tressy-tressed man, who stares back, and wiggles his brows lasciviously at you.
>You squint at the green eyed elf, who snickers before slinking off.
>You push your way through the crowd, bowling over the bald dwarf. The dwarf rolls back up and glares at you.
>You blow a kiss and the roguish rogue pointedly ignores you.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

If you're going to beat an elf to death, then beat the elf to death.

Quote from: 650Booger on March 30, 2017, 07:16:18 PM
Is it okay to power emote VNPC actions?

what about power emoting with an object that is something living (like grebbed-up insects)?

Basically everything that has been listed above. Be realistic about it depending on who your character is and don't always be on the winning end of a power emote.

As for power emoting insects, again, just be realistic about it.
No shade and zero profit.