Looking IN containers that are on furniture

Started by ChibiTama, March 30, 2017, 03:24:15 AM

I had a question posed to me today that got me thinking. Should we be able to look inside containers that are sitting on furniture such as tables? I mean, it's logical IRL, but do you think it's local code-wise for this to be possible?
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

I'd like that. No more having to pick up -all- the bags
on that bench to find the one I'm looking for. 

I don't know jack about coding stuff..It's all magick to me.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

I almost want to say this is already possible, but I'm pretty sure it's things like plates and platters that I'm thinking of. Currently you can do

>look in plate on table

(or something like that) And see the contents of the plate object. It would be nice to see it extended to other containers. It would help prevent the "pull one bag off a table, find the entire room becomes unusable due to weight code" dilemma every clan faces.

On a somewhat related note, it'd be cool if empty bags and other containers were described as such in their sdescs the way objects like liquid containers are. Having to pull each and every bag out to distinguish an empty one gets tedious.

Quote from: Insigne on March 30, 2017, 02:21:37 PM
On a somewhat related note, it'd be cool if empty bags and other containers were described as such in their sdescs the way objects like liquid containers are. Having to pull each and every bag out to distinguish an empty one gets tedious.
This would be great!
etwo wood
kill booty

Quote from: ChibiTama on March 30, 2017, 03:24:15 AM
I had a question posed to me today that got me thinking. Should we be able to look inside containers that are sitting on furniture such as tables? I mean, it's logical IRL, but do you think it's local code-wise for this to be possible?

Quote from: Insigne on March 30, 2017, 02:21:37 PM

This. We need both. Especially the furniture thing.
No shade and zero profit.

I believe you should also be able to get things out of a container that's on furniture.
etwo wood
kill booty

Quote from: ChibiTama on March 31, 2017, 12:51:48 AM
I believe you should also be able to get things out of a container that's on furniture.

I agree. I mean, in real life if you have like m&m's in a bowl, most of the time you're not going to pick up the bowl to get it. You reach into it. Kind of a weird example but you know.

Quote from: Exen44 on April 01, 2017, 09:21:49 AM

I agree. I mean, in real life if you have like m&m's in a bowl, most of the time you're not going to pick up the bowl to get it. You reach into it. Kind of a weird example but you know.

Yeah, half the time I might not even use my hands to get to
the m&m's.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Quote from: WanderingOoze on April 01, 2017, 12:18:39 PM
Quote from: Exen44 on April 01, 2017, 09:21:49 AM

Yeah, half the time I might not even use my hands to get to
the m&m's.

I know that feel, man.

Also, specific types of containers strapped to mounts. Like saddlebags. But I feel like that'd be a lot trickier.

Quote from: Insigne on April 01, 2017, 01:30:16 PM
Also, specific types of containers strapped to mounts. Like saddlebags. But I feel like that'd be a lot trickier.

A good point also. It's kind if annoying when you have to unstrap the saddle from your mount just to retrieve something from it rather than just reaching in and grabbing it.

Command could be something between the lines of 'retrieve <mount> <container> <item>'.

Quote from: Exen44 on April 01, 2017, 02:05:46 PM
Quote from: Insigne on April 01, 2017, 01:30:16 PM

A good point also. It's kind if annoying when you have to unstrap the saddle from your mount just to retrieve something from it rather than just reaching in and grabbing it.

Command could be something between the lines of 'retrieve <mount> <container> <item>'.
That would be a great addition!
etwo wood
kill booty

It should get an echo though unless its peek.  That way other people can't go through your stuff without you knowing.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on April 03, 2017, 10:36:56 PM
It should get an echo though unless its peek.  That way other people can't go through your stuff without you knowing.
Great idea.
etwo wood
kill booty