Tell Us Stories

Started by Cind, March 23, 2017, 05:50:40 PM

Quote from: perfecto on March 26, 2017, 02:12:18 PM
A long time ago I played a burglar (i think) who was a clepto he just stole everything that wasn't nailed down, peoples weapons especially.  eventually I got  nabbed and tossed in jail but I had so many weapons on me that the jail guard couldn't take them all when tossing me in my cell.  Templar came and threw me in the arena with some beast and I started pulling knives out of my ass, throwing them all over the place.  I eventually pulled out my bombs (back when trap was a thing) and people in the stands starting running lol I think I eventually blew myself up in the process.  Good times

Talk about a fucking show, that's amazing.
No shade and zero profit.

Quote from: Dar on March 27, 2017, 06:23:58 PM
I totally enjoyed Kankfly's Sargeant. I enjoyed being part of her innocent runner days, then trooper days, then Sargeant days. As well as the affect on her by the weight of responsibility and how it turned a carefree youngster into a harsh-ish Byn Sargeant. I literally regretted being a non-mundane role when playing with her.

Sorry for the derail. Just you know ... awesomeness.

Aww, thank you! I think the reason why I had so much fun with her is because of all the PCs I've interacted with at that time. You guys rock.

Holes and I have an unspeakable relationship. It isn't the first time I died to holes.

Once, when I was a delf, I fled self and fell into a hole where there were 3 giths. Luckily I didn't die, and I managed to get out with my awesome delf agility. Then I ran into trouble again and fell down that same hole and passed out. That character lasted 3 RL days. I think Calavera was my imm at that time, I sent in a 'report' of sorts saying that I died, and he responded with, "I know, I was there."
I ruin immershunz.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 24, 2017, 11:43:34 AM
We were out in the canyons of waste when she said something like "I really have no idea where I'm going'. No sooner than it was said the sarge walked off a cliff down a deep hole. Lucky for me this was my first experience with the new follow code so I and the other bynner following didn't go down as well.

I had a similar experience. I once rulled up a mul and played in Red Storm, where I was greeted by another mul who had a very similar desc to mine. We joked around, we bonded together, he took me under his wing. It was a cute moment. They go out hunting together, eventually, and my pseudo-twin says "Just be careful about the beetles out here. You should be able to kill pretty much anything else, but sometimes those beetles are too much."

The VERY NEXT ROOM, a beetle enters from a blind direction, reel-locks him and three-shots him. I lead the beetle off and proceed to loot my doppelganger-mentor. Thanks, whoever you were, for the head start on the new character, the hilarious comedic timing, and the sdesc-Highlander THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE moment.

10/10 thread, would thread again. I don't have any stories (that I'm allowed to share). I'm too new. Though I have died in some hilarious ways. Anyone who saw the end of my second character knows. Bar fights are dangerous!

Speaking of barfights and identical sdescs...

On my Byn Sergeant I had a newbie elf Runner in the unit, I think he was "the scarred albino elf" or something like that.

A couple of hours in to the character we're in the Gaj when "the albino, scarred elf" walks out of the dorms (And possibly character generation). My (inebriated) Byn Sarge immediately orders the Runner to fight that other sharp to determine whose the better pasty.

About thirty seconds later I'm offering the other elf a chance to join the Byn since we had a new vacancy and a gently-used aba ready to go. Sadly he turned me down.

For whatever reason there was a lot of things like that going on at that time. When I walked out of character gen on that character I counted six other people in the Gaj sharing a keyword.

Yeah I used a name and keyword once, and after a few IG years people started to pop up sharing either the name or the keyword. Not copying so much as I figure it was just an idea or even pure coincidence I was noticing it because I shared those things.

April 06, 2017, 03:40:59 PM #31 Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:51:05 PM by Feco
I played a krathi in the Hasan rogue-magicker group.  His name was Enthir.

I'm assuming the rest of the Hasan group was up to all sorts of high-magick, high-intrigue nonsese.

Enthir?

Enthir, right out of character-gen, ran off to live in the desert.  Was found by Hasan within an hour, pissed himself, and was brought into his group.  Without spoiling anything, Enthir was able to see a lot of shit people otherwise couldn't.  I thought I was in for some crazy shit.

Nope.

Enthir led a peaceful life.  He sat at camp playing with the fire.  He would go hunting within a few leagues of camp, bring back meat, cook it, and eat it.  Sometimes he would go foraging for things to craft with with.  He would sit around the fire, grumble, poke it, and barely talk to anyone who sat with him.  He had a nice tent, with a place to sleep, and lots of little trinkets he had collected.  His life was absurdly mundane for his situation.  Hasan was even, dare I say, nice to him.  He essentially acted like a grumpy asshole of few words, but in reality, he was just a dude who didn't have to worry about anything.  In his entire life, the only times he was more than ~10 rooms from camp was (1) Before he got there, (2) during one really brief outing, and (3) after Hasan kicked him out.  At the end, he had 8 days, 18 hours played doing this.  This was over the course of 9 months.

One day, Enthir went and got himself some meat, and was sitting by the fire, prodding it with a stick.  Hasan suddenly came back to camp via scary magickal means.  He stumbled into camp, vomitted some terrible shit that didn't seem natural, and promptly wandered away.  Everyone I saw seemed really down, and everyone refused to talk about it.  This sort of stuff seemed to happen all the time.  I always missed the crazy shit.  Enthir would usually just grunt at everyone, shake his head, and continue tending to the campfire.

It couldn't have been long after that specific happening, in the scheme of things, that Hasan sent Enthir to Red Storm for some vague reason -- Enthir assumed it was to look for more magickers.  After an absurd amount of time milling around aimless, Enthir wandered back to find the camp totally destroyed.  Presumably this was after whatever ended up happening to Hasan (I never found out).

Enthir wandered the world aimless.  Never really spoke to anyone.  Never did anything of note.  Then he got ate by a beetle.

On my next PC, which was approved very quickly, I heard a rumor someone found a dead defiler near Red Storm.  I assume they thought he was some crazy defiler because Enthir had a fucking collection of magickal and weird shit that just sort of trickled down to him at camp.  All of it just chilling in his pack.

From what I gather, I was a part of a rogue magick terrorist group.

What I played was literally the most peaceful and mundane dude I've ever seen.  He had a good life.  When his home was gone, and his "friends" all dead, he wandered off and got ate by a beetle.  It's like a story for a vNPC.

It was wonderful.  Over the course of his life, things were so "mundane" I only wrote 4 bios.  I can probably trim them for spoilers, check with staff, and post them, if anyone is interested in seeing them.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

As a Red Fang, I was beginning to get followed around by a zombified songbird. Never found out what that was all about; poor guy fell into a very deep, very new-at-the-time hole in the Tablelands.

In Tuluk, I played a secret wiggler who couldn't manage to hold it together and did scary things in front of his lover, in the apartment they shared. She did the right thing, ran and told the Faithful who I believe killed her for association, and/or to tug at my PC's heart strings. That was the beginning of a crazy trip.

I love these stories. Need like button.

Around 10 or 11 years ago, I played a SLK Delf. I remember very little about the character, but I remember his death vividly.

He was DESTROYED by the white rantarri in the tablelands. As he lie dying, the player/staff member of the beast/sorcerer asked permission for gore/torture. I granted their request. My delf was eviscerated, carved up, and I particularly remember an emote of the beast shredding my elf's
Quotetiny penis
before killing him.

I couldnt place my emotion around the event. Part shock. part anger. part amusement. part sheer WTF. tons of hilarity.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

My toughest Guild character terrorized a lot of people. Was bribed, begged, and catered to by lots of fancy people for fear of him going nuts and killing everyone.

Guy was a pussy. Never sparred, didnt skill up on NPC'S. Would have gotten slaughtered by any 12 hour Bynner.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

May 10, 2017, 12:50:01 PM #35 Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:04:59 PM by tapas
Once played an unmanifested Nilazi that never hinted at her nature except for a few daze-like thinks and feels.

She was detected by another Nilazi early on. Later on I found out that Nilazi was actually on Templar payroll...

So about two weeks later, she somehow spooked the templar's left hand while talking about something completely unrelated.

So they rounded her up, made some bizarre accusations which she could not comprehend. I wasn't manifested at this point, so when they figure that out, they decided to play it out IC that she was in fact some sort of spice-head on a rampage and needed to be arrested for her own safety.

I sent a report to staff and they told me they had no idea what was happening here.

Afterwards I had to deal with with Arm and some other aides making backhanded claims "at her true nature" and that she wasn't "all that she seemed."  Eventually she was killed because of her spice habit and because of "disturbing rumors".

She never manifested and never became aware of her powers. I should have saved the time and effort and retired her when she was imprisoned.

I once had a PC that wanted to get in good with Salarr, despite being relatively unable to do any crafting, and was also a Pickpocket. This was back in the day where the ED had expanded roles to have a bunch of different responsibilities.

Unfortunately, the one in charge didn't need someone who couldn't hunt or craft.

So he told me he'd let me in, if I could find a hunter or crafter who also wanted to join with me.

Within a RL hour, I had found like 3 people who also wanted to join Salarr, and brought them to him. Only 1 survived any length of time, but I still think of that as the best way into Salarr ever. Can't craft. Can't create. But found you a number of people who CAN and served them up.

He later went on to be in line for a role that would sneakily pay people, and steal weapons from people who just bought from Salarr, almost doubling their profits. Its why they could sell so cheaply!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

My first character had a lot of neat/funny stuff happen around him. I have TONS of stories from this guy, but one that sticks out at the moment is the food bin incident.

I was speaking with one of my folks about normal business matters and enjoying his company. So we're chatting quietly and into the workroom buzzes a kank-fly from the other storage area.

Huh.

It starts flying around the room and we make idle comments about getting flies, but try to ignore it until it starts to get a bit obnoxious. So then, my companion offers to smack the fly out of the air with a wrench (did I mention this is a dwarf?) because it has started to wildly orbit my head. Naturally my response is "Feck no!" and I start scooting back across the table I'm perched on.

This fly must be in love with my character's hair product because it's basically dive bombing my head constantly and I'm fending it off and snarling at it. Meanwhile, my crafter has put down the wrench and gone into the net for a broom. I am distracted by the fly and start to propose that we clean the workshop (and our workshop needed brute force organizing time to time), when WHOOSH!

Both the staffer and I had "ignored" the dwarf with the broom as he stalked closer, so when he swung, I yelled in surprise and almost toppled off the table and the kankfly sailed through the air and smacked into the wall!

So the crafter is now standing like a conquering hero, leaning on his broom and I'm dusting myself off while the fly is gathering its wits on the ground. It then gets up, crawls up the side of the tanning vat, STINGS me with the last of its little fly strength and promptly dies, flopping back into the liquid.

The body of a tiny kank-fly floats, legs up, in a tanning vat.

So, the crafter with me then suggests that the meat bin was left open. I ask him to please go check. He wanders into the next room.

Oh my lord... Kank-flymageddon. Or at least it felt that way.

He leaves and a swarm of flies rush me from the direction he came from. I pull my dagger as they start attacking me and start defending myself. I hear him yell, "Flies!" and I hollar back, "I KNOW!"

Now, mind you.. this is not my first combat in game, but I'm playing an actual Guild Merchant and I'm pretty new. While I know what to do from being drilled in a combat clan before, I've very rarely had to actually kill anything an never alone. I had mercy on and was looking up the helpfile how to get it off and fumbling commands to try to actually KILL these things. I was laughing so hard I was crying and swearing at the keyboard, determined not to be humiliated by a swarm of freaking kankflies.

In charges that awesome dwarven crafter with a shovel in hand and he starts laying waste to flies left and right. I'm at the keyboard face palming hard, like.. My employee.. saved me from a swarm of flies. Fuuuuuuu...!

LONG story short, the flies all get subdued and we check over the meat bin. The crafter with me said that we could just grill it and that any bad meat would be fine, but I was in favor of chucking it all. The clan cook came down to check out the commotion and said that cooking would definitely take care of any problems and praised the crafter for his clever thinking. I took it as a lesson in Zalanthan survival and how to properly roleplay resource management even in a clan that had a surplus.

After that, my character got REALLY irritated with people leaving the food bins open, though he only mentioned WHY a time or two and was met with perfectly understandable expressions of disbelief. He just pointedly slammed the bins shut and tried to insist. It was a character quirk that stayed with him all his long years. That and.. uh.. a love of fruit and bread over meat from the bin unless it was fresh.

That one crafter, as far as I knew, never brought up the story of how he kept his boss from being carried away by kank-flies. I'm laughing about it even now. He was one awesome guy. Overall, that is one of my many favorite moments in game.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

I had a Nilazi.

I didn't really know what to do with him so I thought fuck it. I will see if I can't play buck wild, throw it in the squares' faces and get a gem or a sekrit job. The templar and his entourage get me questioned, I dance around it a bit but eventually tell them exactly what I was. They all go nuts, I am dying inside when I realize there is just no way out so I play it to the hilt. They take me to a special place in a certain quarter and templar tells me "Walk into this spooky tunnel and if He decides you are worthy you will be fine." So I do it. Zap. Uh oh. They are all just watching in sick fascination. I try again. ZAP. I am emoting away, hoping they stop me and fix things so I somehow survive but no.

So, with heart in my throat and a load in my pants I cried "LET NONE DOUBT MY RESOLVE." And I tried again. Zap, beep, mantis head.

It was an awesome scene and I got a very nice kudos out of it for basically pissing away a shiny new massive karma character in front of a half-dozen people who were probably all screaming at their screens for me being a moron.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on May 10, 2017, 04:31:40 PM
I had a Nilazi.

I didn't really know what to do with him so I thought fuck it. I will see if I can't play buck wild, throw it in the squares' faces and get a gem or a sekrit job. The templar and his entourage get me questioned, I dance around it a bit but eventually tell them exactly what I was. They all go nuts, I am dying inside when I realize there is just no way out so I play it to the hilt. They take me to a special place in a certain quarter and templar tells me "Walk into this spooky tunnel and if He decides you are worthy you will be fine." So I do it. Zap. Uh oh. They are all just watching in sick fascination. I try again. ZAP. I am emoting away, hoping they stop me and fix things so I somehow survive but no.

So, with heart in my throat and a load in my pants I cried "LET NONE DOUBT MY RESOLVE." And I tried again. Zap, beep, mantis head.

It was an awesome scene and I got a very nice kudos out of it for basically pissing away a shiny new massive karma character in front of a half-dozen people who were probably all screaming at their screens for me being a moron.

I adore this.

SOME FAMILY ROLE STORIES:

Once upon a time, I played a freshly-manifested Tuluki Whiran and set up a family role with two randoms from the GDB. A mage brother and a mundane sister. We swap name and descs but don't otherwise coordinate, figure we'll all meet up ingame, yada yada. My Whiran is starting to explore her magick after a bit, toodling around the wilderness as you do, and literally the first PC she runs into off in the thorns fucking lightning bolts the shit out of her and emotes like, basically zapping her right in the baps.

I can't remember if he KOed her or if I KOed her by trying to Way someone back in the city for help.

Anywho, it was her brother. Very lucky not to have died there. Whoops.

BONUS FAMILY ROLE STORY:

Midge of Salarr actually had family role PCs that she never met once. I think it was Rhyden and Jcarter who played them. They both died within like hours and she went on to live for like 2 RL years, always thinking she was the last of her family who survived childhood. She never even knew she had adult relatives (I think it was a brother and an uncle?).

BONUS BONUS FAMILY ROLE STORY:

I played bumpkin cousins with HaiWolfe once. Mine died in a matter of hours. Then when I eventually was playing Raissa-di Kurac, she recruited this gal into her unit who was like this wonderful PC I really liked. It wasn't until she'd worked for Rai for like a RL year that I realised it was my last PC's cousin, who I never got to meet.

And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

This is a true story of turmoil and anguish...

You begin searching the area intently.

[standing-walking-armed]

You find a white woody bulb and pick it up.

[standing-walking-armed]
put bulb pack
forage food

You put your white woody bulb into your dusty bone-studded backpack.

[standing-walking-armed]
junk bulb
forage food

[-standing-walking-armed]
Ok.
You discard your white woody bulb.

You look around, but don't find any food.

[standing-walking-armed]
forage food

[standing-walking-armed]

[standing-walking-armed]

You mangle the bulb, destroying it.

forage food

standing-walking-armed]

[standing-walking-armed]
junk bulb
forage food
Ok.

[standing-walking-armed]

forage food

The wind grows weaker.

junk bulb
Ok.

[standing-walking-armed]
forage food

[standing-walking-armed]

quit ooc fucking woody bulbs!

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 11, 2017, 06:02:04 AM
This is a true story of turmoil and anguish...

[standing-walking-armed]

[standing-walking-armed]
put bulb pack
forage food

You put your white woody bulb into your dusty bone-studded backpack.

[standing-walking-armed]
junk bulb
forage food

Ok.

[standing-walking-armed]
forage food

[standing-walking-armed]

[standing-walking-armed]

You mangle the bulb, destroying it.

forage food

standing-walking-armed]

[standing-walking-armed]
junk bulb
forage food
Ok.

[standing-walking-armed]

forage food

The wind grows weaker.

junk bulb
Ok.

[standing-walking-armed]
forage food

[standing-walking-armed]

quit ooc fucking woody bulbs!

omg yes

One day me and Akariel were fighting with rats in the Gaj and the admins caught us and made us sorry.
Don't believe me? Here's proof.
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

So Akarial's nickname is "Stimpy?"
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Kokali Fale wasn't ever actually pregnant with Icumen Borsail's out of contract child. I think she kissed him once. On the cheek.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

May 11, 2017, 09:56:53 PM #45 Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 10:00:12 PM by Akariel
Quote from: Pale Horse on May 11, 2017, 09:29:09 PM
So Akarial's nickname is "Stimpy?"

Yes. I got the nickname about 2 days after coming up top. I did not realize what it was until I saw that picture (like a month ago.) You might notice Ren(enutet) and Stimpy (Akariel) wandering about your local staffland.

May 12, 2017, 12:44:14 AM #46 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 12:47:49 AM by Dar
During the spiderfest RPT, there was a spider nest in one of the buildings in Allanak. At the time I was playing a Jaxa Pah Elf with his "spirit animal" version being a spider. So let's just say I was more then interested in spiders that's been snacking on an occasional naki noble.  He learned of an upcoming raid on the nest and knew he had to hurry. His plan was to save the baby spidies. Steal some eggs from the nest, then create a small spider colony inside the sewers. Replacing the Emporium with Spider Feeder Shop. So he prepared for the heist.

He hired a gemmed elf to use his filthy gicky gicks to scry the building magickally
He hired a rat catcher to procure a bag full of still living rats and then fed them full of heramide laced plantlife.
He procured some jars of oil.
He hired some random Bynner to shoot a bunch of bolts into the wall of the building where the spiders were nesting in, essentially creating handholds for climbing.
He soaked all of his clothes in gurth fat, to prevent it from sticking to the webbing.
He grabbed some elf he's been watching train in the rinth to be his lookout and potentially, if there is a chase after him afterwards, something for spiders to snack on instead.

The handholds worked and he slowly managed to climb inside the building, with my lookout staying behind waiting for my return.
The windows were all webbed shut, but my elf found a way to get inside from the rooftop. He soaked the windows with some jars of oil. If shit turned sour, he ment to toss embers over and start a fire/distraction.
He crawled inside the building, only to find out that that all of the eggs hatched and little baby spiders were crawling all over. But with his perfect elven stealth, he remained undetected. He sat there, barely breathing, observing a particular baby spider that was close to him. He pulled out a half sedated rat and tossed it down closer to him. The baby spider took the bait and leapt right onto the rat, it's legs and rats tangling together as he sunk his tiny fangs in. Only for me to scoop both the baby spider and it's victim rat up into a pack.

SUCCESS!

As a distraction, I tossed the bag with other rats out, letting them fly all over. The entire building came to life. Myriad of spiders chasing after the rats. Nobody paid any what so ever attention to my self. A whole bunch of echoes of spiders being too busy with my sedated rats. All I needed to do is climb out of the hole, down the handholds, and then get to killing Emporium shopkeepers to transform it into the spider nest.

My mistake? I decided to type this "close pack". After all, it had a baby spider in it and all.

Unfortunately, that broke my hide and every single spider in the room jumped me. Which was 'a lot'. Somehow I managed to escape and re-hide, but I was down to 1 hp and ... blood burn poisoned. This is the last echo that I saw on this elf.

In the shifting darkness of your fevered, poisoned dreams, you sense a shadow looming over you, many times the size of even the tallest elf. Something moves in the shadows, enveloping you, its touch as gentle as silk. You feel yourself lifted in the dark, limbs dangling uselessly, but the warm softness of whatever is touching you is unabating.

Gradually, the gentle touch grows tighter, more restrictive, more like binding ropes than a gentle caress. Something jerks at your shoulder, and your eyes flutter open long enough to see the following: a crown of gleaming eyes like jewels, staring into your own with an utterly alien, dark detachment.

This is the face that meets Rena as the last of his consciousness is burned away by poison and liquified by the fangs of a gigantic, mottled-orange spider as it welcomes him back to the shadows.

My deepest bow Calavera. Thanks for helping me out in this plot. Sorry, I messed up. It would've been soooo epic.

May 12, 2017, 02:34:17 AM #47 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:37:55 AM by Cind
These are epic.

I wish I could talk about how Pasheen/Pearl died but that's always going to be under wraps.

I never actually got to meet my oldest brother because playtimes, but Silteye was around. His real name was something different. He'd lost that eye in a barfight before chargen.

Pasheen liked to make her own swing with ropes and swing around like a lunatic, which was what she was. She was telling the Byn mess hall once how the sky was bleeding, which was a typical line of thought to come out of her. Born insane, died insane. I had to leave right before I actually died, so staff animated a rather terrifying scene for me, I found out later. Albie or some other giant in the Byn had described how it was sad (listening in on my next char) that Pearl couldn't cook food for Silteye no more, but it was actually Silteye who cooked the food back when it was the two of us.

She was a ranger/tailor. I had never actually expected to leave Storm, but he took me up one day after training for a while to become one of the most massive beasts I ever had the displeasure to later get into a training accident with on an unmanifested witch. Generally only muls can two-shot me like that, and what really frightened me about him was the fact that, at least until he did kill a recruit, he didn't know his own strength. But, you know, Byn sargaent, who's going to tell on him?

That unmanifested witch I mentioned was a water witch/weaponscrafter called Dayna. She got into the Byn for a month or two before manifesting, and was a brusque, unfeeling person who didn't make friends with most people who would have. It wasn't a façade covering her true feelings or something like that. She was simply a better person that her background could provide for her, but she never really blossomed, unless you consider making friends with a breed and than a dwarf blossoming, which some people might.

What had happened was her mother got pregnant with her, a dwarven woman noticed, and began being friends with her. The dwarf helped deliver the baby; right after birth, she killed the mother and raised the baby herself. When the child was ten, the dwarf woman began using her to offer items to buy to people, 'but you have to come to the apartment because that's where it is.' The dwarven woman's focus was to kill 1000 undesirables in the city. She had done a little over two hundred and fifty by the time she was caught, because if Armageddon were reality no one would care about that particular situation, she being able to avoid getting Kuracis and all that.

One day, a 'customer' escaped and she told Dayna to go hide. Dayna never saw or heard from her again. Between that time and chargen, she lived by carving swords and knives and selling them.

The dwarven woman did tell her at some point that she had befriended and killed her mother to gain a loyal helper, but by that time Dayna didn't care about that.

After getting into the Byn and being there for a month or two, she had a dream right before a big contract. The dwarven woman led her to the gate of the city, pointed outside, and then slowly shook her head. She woke up and got ready for the contract. It was a big spider-killing contract, we were amassing as much of the Byn as possible, including useless ones like me, to go search and kill any spiders we found in three suspected nest locations.

We found one nest, it was empty but shows signs of habitation at some point. We got attacked in the plains. I hovered at 0 hp for a while before waking up and healing. We entered a cave so that hurt could get some rest and I fell asleep. As I slept, mist extruded from my body, healed a little of some of the more serious wounds, and then disappeared.

When they woke me up, I refused to believe I was a witch, til about an hour after the Templar put the gem around my neck. The gem did not soften me towards people or make me any nicer. I ate a strange mushroom once. At some point I ended up telling the psychotic breed I had befriended in the Byn all about my past. I have never had so many people enter and leave me head at one time.

Later (and part of the reason I made the witch in the first place) I befriended a dwarf I had known in the Byn, the guy who ended up winning the dwarven portion of the Luir's tournament for the south. His focus was to learn about magick, or it was part of his focus. I taught him some basics, but by that time I was getting kind of bored and made a last-ditch effort to save my interest by having that mekillot, when it struck me once, dislodge my memories and make me amnesiac. That was the mekillot that a fire witch was supposed to have killed because it was real close, but I helped screw it up, and the mekillot ended up inside the city, killing people. The Arm and Byn were employed to kill it.

Strong change in Dayna. She became nice, and now had an open interest in gardening, that was vaguely hinted at previously once. She started making friends with the other witches, who I think were a bit scared of her past. One of them certainly was; she insinuated that she hoped I never relearned it.

Still bored, so I stored.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Great stories!

Dayna was so much darker than I thought!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: boog on May 11, 2017, 09:51:07 PM
Kokali Fale wasn't ever actually pregnant with Icumen Borsail's out of contract child. I think she kissed him once. On the cheek.
Wow, the rumours that fly after you die. Icumen was surprisingly unlucky in the bedroom. I think the only person he managed to marry into the family/get a contract with was an Oash (whose sister he had killed, shh).