Tell Us Stories

Started by Cind, March 23, 2017, 05:50:40 PM

I only remember my first bynner because of this story. She was a half-elf who looked like a stocky elf and she joined the byn. At one point there was only me, the giant trooper, and the human sarge in the compound. The sarge told us to spar, so the giant turned combat off and I whacked really inefficiently at him. I did a power emote--- I didn't know I'd gone too far, see, my tribe's thing was dance-fighting, so that was what I was doing. The giant saw it as a jab at his own skills.

He roared, subdued me, and started dragging me away. I think I might have asked him "What are you doing?" but otherwise I didn't do or say anything. He stopped in front of the latrines, told me that he is very good, and threw me inside. The next two things he said to me during routine stuff were that he was good. After that, I think things calmed down between us.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Tamed a roc but it was too virtually dangerous and expensive to keep. Flying across the world as a mundane was some of the most fun I've ever had in this game. But you had to be careful, you see, because if you accidentally dismounted in the air (or got thrown) you're dead. Also, if you forgot to LAND first, you couldn't get back up on it. Don't remember why - I think this might have been before you could rest a mount without being on it, or it could rest while still flying, or something weird. The thing was a huge hassle.

Spent a lot of time and resources rping training that thing. As soon as it sold, an imm had it freak out and fly away back to its nest. Didn't get to keep the money. Wasn't happy about that, not because of the money but because it was a cool thing that somebody decided nobody got to have. Though, I get the logic. It was wild as f and the decision to tame it was kind of spur of the moment. Suddenly it was like oh yeah btw we have a roc now. 

That kind of story?

My first southern character got in a fight with some NPC spice addicts that apparently had "mercy on" This resulted in my character getting the crap beaten out of them until he passed out, then they would stop and go back to smoking spice until my eyes fluttered open, at which point I would get hit once and pass back out. After this happened the third or fourth time they stole all my stuff and I made it back to the bar. I found a shiv and decided to go hunting, I saw a scrab and that it was a bug, so I rolled up on it and got neck pinched to death.
3/21/16 Never Forget

I had a northern ranger half-giant who returned to the city with a warm bahamet egg carved out of a fresh kill. I forget where the idea to hatch it came from, I assume it came from someone else, and being a giant, he just agreed. He went to the local Faithful, and asked if he could hatch a bahamet. The templar, disbelieving the possibility, agreed and went about their day. With a little immortal assistance, and some time and care, the egg was successfully hatched. Everyone present at the tavern had great fun, as did others who saw the giant attempting to train a baby bahamet. I believe the plan was to grow it into a mount. The giant got to play with his pet baby bahamet (which you could stable like a mount) for about a week, before it was confiscated by the templarate and put into the arena.

Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

Yesterday, I ate at Red Lobster.  Mmm... Cheddar Bay.

...wait, was this supposed to be a story about Armageddon?

I was once playing some whatever character and the Tavern talk was slow and boring. So like I am prone to do, I made up a story on the fly. The story was about me doing something in red desert and getting stalked by Gith. I ran up some Dune with a steep cliff with the gith behind me, until finally I had nowhere else to run, but down a very tall height. The gith came behind me and started to slowly approach me, grinning all vicious, and yammering in their tongue. So I took out my trusty breaded kalan fruit and tossed it over to one of the gith. As the gith was looking over the tribute, the second gith got jealous. They argued and finally the gith without the fruit charged the first one and they both toppled over the edge.

That story was a "complete" work of fiction that I came up on the fly, while lounging in a tavern full of people who had nothing to say. So it got the conversation going, everything was fine.

Half a year later, with an absolutely different character. Someone animated the gith and a near 'exact' thing actually happened. Except I didnt have any kalan fruits, it was a waterskin. Someone had a pretty weird sense of humor :D.

I was following a byn sergeant once. We were out in the canyons of waste when she said something like "I really have no idea where I'm going'. No sooner than it was said the sarge walked off a cliff down a deep hole. Lucky for me this was my first experience with the new follow code so I and the other bynner following didn't go down as well.

It was truly perfect comedic timing made all the more funny when the Sarge got knocked out by a random critfail trying to climb back up.

I found a byn runner's body at the bottom of the Shield Wall once. This was during my exploring phase. I saw a lot of cool things during that phase, a lot of which I can't actually say.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Bahliker on March 23, 2017, 07:13:56 PM
As soon as it sold, an imm had it freak out and fly away back to its nest. Didn't get to keep the money. Wasn't happy about that, not because of the money but because it was a cool thing that somebody decided nobody got to have.

Yes, but on the bright side, it made me feel much better about being the second highest bidder.  ;D
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

One time I was at the tavern, and people were there but nobody talked.

Then someone started talking and nobody responded.

Then morning came and everyone got up, nodded, and left.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

This one time... In the Byn... With my flute...

Quote from: Hauwke on March 24, 2017, 06:40:29 PM
This one time... In the Byn... With my flute...

Oh yeah, I remember that. You were wrestling a Mek while playing really badly on your flute at the same time until the Mek walked on out of there from the awful sound.
No shade and zero profit.

As a Kadian adoptee, Loras used to drive the wagon from Tuluk to Allanak every week.  I think it was on Thursday night, and then drive back up on Sunday night.

Eldor, Ysania, and more were guarding the wagon and buying as much as they could in Tuluk to sell in Allanak after Saturday downtime.  We would sell so much the NPCs didn't have any gold left, and it wasn't in the code to replenish their inventory.

It was a fun weekly quest that we had going on in Kadius back then.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Storytimemansa revival. Good job, GDB.

Once tried to very publically murder a dude in front of a few nobles in broad daylight. Failed. Thrown in jail. Asked why I did it? The guy was a Tuluki sympathizer. Reality? Got paid like a hundred sid to stab a guy and screw it, it had been a long time since attempted murder. Templar pardoned me and passed me off; I got bought freedom by a noble who liked the bravado and wanted a pet savage. After a few weeks criming and such, it got boring. Wanted to keep playing the commoner pet murderer of sorts, but eventually the noble had other things to do, and my brief stint into crime locked me in place as a permanent on-the-run sort. Which can get old if you don't know anyone similar or have any friends. Eventually, the noble just sort of admitted, 'Sorry, I don't really have much for you to do.', with the sort of expected frivolity of nobles, and my character retired in Red Storm to live out his days back alley stabbing and avoiding muls and gickers.

This isn't a lesson in why not to have slaves. This is a lesson in one of the coolest character backgrounds I would have enjoyed playing out in the long term, but just never really had the time.
I caused my knife to go into her back, and she effectively was murdered.<- Rulebook on how to politick. -Shalooonsh

Once I played an obese dwarf miner in 'Nak. His focus was to eat the most delicious, most expensive foods in the known. Every day I would ride out, mine glass and/or 'sid, sell my take, and buy nice foods at the Silver Ginka. This went on for a long time. No inter-personal relationships, really. Just mining and eating. Sunup to sundown. Then, one day, some loner-types offered him some big coin to ride with him on an expedition to kill some wezers. We killed a few, then he was stung, and dragged off into the domes to be fed to the larvae. My fat dwarf, who's focus was to eat... was eaten.

Not a bad death, imo.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Several years ago, I rolled a teenage Nilazi in Allanak. She'd been in the game all of about six hours when I got lucky and she found an unattended war beetle at the gates while wandering around. She scuttled off to the stables to stable it when a soldier wandered in from the road and cornered her.

She mistook his sudden interest in cornering her as "ah fuck, it was the soldier's beetle I stole" but in reality he was in the process of deserting the AOD and wanted a hostage. He grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and threatened her and roughed her up a little and coerced her into leaving the city.

They ended up in Red Storm, where he kept her locked in an apartment as a "hostage" while angrily Waying some templars about... something. I never found out. Problem was, my PC was a terrible hostage because she was a brand new character and not a single person gave a fuck about her. Nobody, let alone a templar, was gonna pay a ransom to have her returned safely to Allanak.

Eventually he tried to turn things around like they were friends and traveling companions or whatever and tried to be nice to her, but she wasn't keen on that. She agreed to go hunting with him and murked his ass in the sands while he was fighting a beetle.

And that's how my teenage Nilazi killed her first person without using magick at all.
And I am catching up, and I am seeing red
How about I prove I'm right and raise it overhead?

I had a human female water witch back in the days of main guilds who had a pegleg because the leg had been eaten by a mekillot. Or a salt worm, not sure, and staff eventually refuted this through room echoes, but I had had a first peglegged person get their leg eaten by a salt worm and people denied it because npc salt worms don't attack first. (Staff eventually had a salt worm echo that did almost attack me, except echo.) When people started denying it, I had a peglegged person later on have their leg bitten off by a mekillot. Yes, I believe this girl was the mekillot snack.

Anyway, she made some friends, mostly water witches, this was a time when off-peak witch numbers were at a height. At one point, a senior water witch told her that if she tried hard enough, she could eventually have her leg back. She had a serious fear of mekillots, and grebbed for a living.

At one point people were talking about 'those mekillots' and I didn't really understand enough to know what they meant. Apparently a wind witch had been throwing around mekillots into places where they weren't supposed to be. My witch was walking through the Outer Circle when BAM, mekillot. It chased her a short distance and killed her in two hits. No time to emote or anything, but anyone who knew her could imagine the terror I was trying to input in the box.

A long time ago I played a burglar (i think) who was a clepto he just stole everything that wasn't nailed down, peoples weapons especially.  eventually I got  nabbed and tossed in jail but I had so many weapons on me that the jail guard couldn't take them all when tossing me in my cell.  Templar came and threw me in the arena with some beast and I started pulling knives out of my ass, throwing them all over the place.  I eventually pulled out my bombs (back when trap was a thing) and people in the stands starting running lol I think I eventually blew myself up in the process.  Good times
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

The ghost of a long dead male hunter is sitting at a ghostly bar, telling a story.

"Me and my hunting partner...we were looking for carru.  Krath, the hunting had been bad.  Nothing but gurth and tok to be found for weeks.  This is pretty disturbing when you make your living that way.  And so we were resting our mounts by the skeet den, in a baobab grove, all sad and worried.  And this half-giant come up to us.

"He rides all around us, yelling.  'Hello'  then 'Hellooo'.  From one direction then another.  This was odd and kind of scared us.  Then he rode up to us.  He said, did you know where I was?  And, playing along with him, I said, sounded like you were -everywhere-.  That pleased him.  And he said he was everywhere.  So I asked him if he'd seen any carru where he was.

"So he started yelling for carru.  Carru!  Come here!  I have a present for you!  Then he turned to me and whispered, it's a trick, I don't really have a present."

The hunter pauses for a sip of whiskey and a snicker.

"So then he said, I gots a plan!  He said, I gots big brains!  I shout out carru mating call!  I told him we'd try to kill it before it took advantage of him.  But I don't think he understood what I meant.

"And he stared around then turned to the south.  I make call there, he said.  And he put his hands around his mouth and fucking howled, Arrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooo!  Arrroooooooooooooooooooo!

"It was soooo loud.  And he kept doing it.  We were laughing so hard.  I said, 'Damn.  I feel a little aroused myself.'  Not as dumb as he looked, he glanced over at me and said, Yeah, works good on the females.  Which made us laugh harder.

"Me and Tyre joined in.  Aaarrrrrooooooo!  Loud as we could.  The poor half-giant was getting soo tired, his voice was cracking and wobbling but he kept going.  Arrrroooooo!  His face was getting all red.  I started getting very impressed.

"He grabbed hold of one of the branches on a baobab tree, thrashing around, Arrrooooooo!   Aarrroooooo!  His voice was all hoarse and he was yanking around on that tree..and he...and he..."

The ghostly hunter has to interrupt his story for a long period of guffawing.  Finally he resumes.  "He fuckin' pulled up the tree by the roots....an'...an'....still howling....and he finally just keeled over on his back, tree flying off.

"And he said...I don't think I paid that old man in Luirs enough for the carru mating call.  Next time I'll give him more!"

I don't remember that half-giant's name, but it was my first PC on Arm and my first real interaction with a half-giant and whoever you were, thank you!  It was in 2012 and I'm laughing so hard five years later that I've got tears in my eyes, remembering.  Funny thing was, they found him dead not long after, with six dead carru around him.  Which fit in with the story perfectly!

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 24, 2017, 11:43:34 AM
I was following a byn sergeant once. We were out in the canyons of waste when she said something like "I really have no idea where I'm going'. No sooner than it was said the sarge walked off a cliff down a deep hole. Lucky for me this was my first experience with the new follow code so I and the other bynner following didn't go down as well.

It was truly perfect comedic timing made all the more funny when the Sarge got knocked out by a random critfail trying to climb back up.

It wasn't me, was it? It sounded like the type of amazingly hilarious stupid thing I'd do.
I ruin immershunz.

Oh the stories I heard about one of your PC's Kankfly. Oh the stories I heard.

Yep, pretty sure that was you. :D

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 27, 2017, 06:36:05 AM
Yep, pretty sure that was you. :D

I vaguely remember that incident. I couldn't remember if my PC passed out or not though. Lol!

Quote from: Hauwke on March 27, 2017, 03:58:50 AM
Oh the stories I heard about one of your PC's Kankfly. Oh the stories I heard.

Oh boy, so much stories. If only I still had all my logs.
I ruin immershunz.

I totally enjoyed Kankfly's Sargeant. I enjoyed being part of her innocent runner days, then trooper days, then Sargeant days. As well as the affect on her by the weight of responsibility and how it turned a carefree youngster into a harsh-ish Byn Sargeant. I literally regretted being a non-mundane role when playing with her.

Sorry for the derail. Just you know ... awesomeness.