Author Topic: Dominion 4 EA game  (Read 1956 times)

Jingo

Re: Dominion 4 EA game
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2017, 04:35:31 PM »
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2017, 04:49:28 PM »
Well, blame racurtne.  He asked for story events.   ;D

Pale Horse

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
That sucks, man.

..but it's good for the rest of us.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2017, 05:17:21 PM »
get back up and pwn him
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

montarion

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2017, 05:35:29 PM »
Was he guarding a Throne? Level 3 Thrones tend to have Titans and stuff guarding them.

For those of you who haven't ever delved into Blood Magic, that there is one of your end-game summons.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2017, 08:17:53 PM »
He apparently just poofed up on Helheim's castle.

The Darkmoon Convenant has been engaged. OnlyAfro and the Giantsons shall answer and dispatch this invader.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

Pale Horse

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2017, 09:27:32 PM »
Oh, yeah.

Tir Na N'Og.  I'd forgotten I had access life-leeching, mage assassins.

..this changes things.
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Inks

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »
This map feels a little cramped. :/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 05:22:48 PM by Inks »
Quote from: Is Friday
Quote from: Synthesis
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?
Tell me more about your Golden Standard of HG Mudsex RP

montarion

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2017, 07:53:24 PM »
Your pre-edited sentiment wasn't wrong. This seems like a good blitz map? Personally, I have few enough games going that I don't mind larger ones where you can build up more.

Lets more people get to play with late-game summons and shit.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2017, 09:09:23 PM »
Peliwyr (MA game) is 127 land, 18 sea - 15.875 land provinces per player
Snerdryn (EA game) is 117 land, 19 sea - 14.625 land provinces per player

Not sure why this game feels different.  15 provinces per nation seems like a fairly standard recommendation.  Usually means there's breathing room for at least the first year.  We can certainly try for a larger map next game, though.

Inks

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »
I think it is for 2 reasons: The previous map was awesome and had chokepoints and a lot more water, and we were all at least 1 extra hex away from each other. I have clashed accidentally with expansion armies and I am betting that was a pretty common occurrence this game. God I love that other map.

(That being said Moe you got an unlucky starting location last game)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:28:00 PM by Inks »
Quote from: Is Friday
Quote from: Synthesis
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?
Tell me more about your Golden Standard of HG Mudsex RP

Zoltan

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2017, 11:37:33 PM »
My only problem with Peliwyr, having played it a bazillion times by now, is that some of its starting provinces are totally bogus. The absolute worst is the mountain province next to two swamps and mountains, bordered by a lake. Just... no, man. No. I think I may edit a copy of that map for my own edification so there's no more starts like that.
Trunk
 hidden by 'body/torso'
 hides nipples

Marauder Moe

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2017, 11:43:53 PM »
Another thing, if we really want bigger world-ending showdowns, would be 3-way disciple games.  I could possibly wrangle in a 9th for some 3v3v3.

Pale Horse

« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2017, 10:33:13 AM »
Suddenly:

Backstab!

montarion

« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2017, 03:06:46 AM »
New turns!

Apologies for the delay. Let the Ascension Wars resume once more!

montarion

« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2017, 10:38:40 AM »
Pale Horse, your pre-historic Irishmen need you!

Pale Horse

« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »

Pre-historic Irishmen can't do anything against a doomstack so early in the game..or being jumped by two nations at once.  Sorry, I thought I'd already switched to computer-controlled.  New turns up.

Zoltan

« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2017, 07:17:49 PM »

Pre-historic Irishmen can't do anything against a doomstack so early in the game..or being jumped by two nations at once.  Sorry, I thought I'd already switched to computer-controlled.  New turns up.

Pile some A gems on your 2A assassins and summon air elementals if you have the research. Cut the head off the doom stack and it's a whole lot less doom stack-y. :D But if you can't recruit any more national mages, that could be difficult.

If it makes you feel better, I've gotten my karmic pay back by being jumped by two nations myself. Ur and Fomoria have coordinated a strike against me. Both have thrones within their current territory. So, anyone with an opposite border, I'm going to be killing a loooooooot of their dudes in the next few turns, and now may be a good time to do some small land grabs while their forces are all concentrated on me.
Trunk
 hidden by 'body/torso'
 hides nipples

Pale Horse

« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2017, 08:06:39 PM »

Pile some A gems on your 2A assassins and summon air elementals if you have the research. Cut the head off the doom stack and it's a whole lot less doom stack-y. :D But if you can't recruit any more national mages, that could be difficult.

If it makes you feel better, I've gotten my karmic pay back by being jumped by two nations myself. Ur and Fomoria have coordinated a strike against me. Both have thrones within their current territory. So, anyone with an opposite border, I'm going to be killing a loooooooot of their dudes in the next few turns, and now may be a good time to do some small land grabs while their forces are all concentrated on me.

Not possible.  My main army did jack shit against the doomstack and my second fort was jumped as soon as tian chi walked in, by mictlan.  My second army there decided to break and run when it was down to 25 vs 3 (me, them).

I've given up on this game.

Pale Horse

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2017, 09:40:11 PM »
I think I sound more upset than I actually am, with my posts.  I hope I wasn't giving this impression.

I know that I'm not good at matches against human opponents, right now, and even getting stomped during them is more enjoyable than just playing against an AI!

montarion

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2017, 06:36:12 PM »
A good bless rush can be really hard to stop, and EA Tien Chi has some primo Sacreds.

Now they come to face the Fire. Win or lose, they will not emerge unburnt.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2017, 03:47:27 PM »
Sorry, it sucks to be eliminated early but someone's (really, about half the players) gotta go down first.  Also, you did sucker-punch me while I was at war with someone else.   ;)

I would say maybe that you over-value your elite units.  A nation with access to Fir Bolg, in particular, should be spamming the heck out of those early-game.  They're very efficient chaff.

Anyway, turn up!

Pale Horse

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2017, 04:17:24 PM »
Sorry, it sucks to be eliminated early but someone's (really, about half the players) gotta go down first.  Also, you did sucker-punch me while I was at war with someone else.   ;)

I would say maybe that you over-value your elite units.  A nation with access to Fir Bolg, in particular, should be spamming the heck out of those early-game.  They're very efficient chaff.

Anyway, turn up!

I gave up on my chaff early on when I kept seeing their moral break against lesser numbers.  That doesn't usually happen, but I got sucked into the mindset of "Sidhe Superiority."

See what bigotry leads you to, boys and girls.  Defeat!

montarion

« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »
Server(s) down?

Marauder Moe

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2017, 10:06:26 PM »
Still?  Hmm, my IP may have changed.  Will PM new one if so.