Game improvement suggestion from pirren

Started by pirren, March 22, 2017, 05:05:36 AM

Hello! I'm quite new player, but the main disadvantage for me is.. server lag and response to my commands. I can't fight, when I receive combat output messages with huge lag, I stay and I even don't know whether I am hit or no, then receive messages about death. Same with walking through locations. Maybe it's slow, because I play from Europe and your server is in the US, but I don't have such problem with other American-based muds.

So, what do I suggest:
1st step. ) Change concept and take little donations from player, e.g. 2-5 bucks / month and spend it on good connection. I think it won't be problem for players who already play for a long time and for new as well.
2nd step. ) Try crowdfunding on the Kickstarter for the new server and sell there some sponsored packs + show interest from donations.

Do revolution!

Don't hesitate to experiment, game is really interesting and with future. I wish I could invest much time more, but I am not ready to spend my time on lags, it's easier for me to donate/pay for a good connection, save time and earn money in real life.
To live and survive.

We have quite a few European players, as well as staff.  We also have players and staff from Asia, Australia, and South America.  I'm not aware of this being an issue for the majority of them - other than periodic network trouble that can affect anyone, anywhere.

For me, there's no discernable lag if I hit "w" my character immediately moves west and I can immediately see that room.  Of course if you stack "w;w;w;w;w;w" then there's a command lag that is designed into the game that represents the time it takes your character to traverse those rooms, and that is on purpose.

A lot of our commands incur a degree of 'command lag' where your character cannot perform new actions until the lag has expired. For example - when initiating combat your PC will be able to emote and speak - but they cannot then immediately flee or run south.

When travelling across the wilderness this lag is more pronounced - but can be reduced by riding a swift mount. Inside cities you can move faster by running instead of walking.

So, it could be that the delays you are experiencing are actually parts of the game.