You don't need any bandaging

Started by perfecto, March 11, 2017, 12:33:52 PM

Changing bandages over a boost to regenerating hit points is something we've talked about for a long time.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Wouldnt that buff peeps with super high endurance even further with healing? Just a thought since I have seen dwarves and half giants heal pretty bloody quickly.

Quote from: nessalin on March 14, 2017, 01:25:51 PM
Changing bandages over a boost to regenerating hit points is something we've talked about for a long time.

I think it would be good.  Maybe a small hp boost to get people out of negative hp status, but just a regen boost after that?
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Quote from: nessalin on March 14, 2017, 01:25:51 PM

After reading over all the replies I'm not sure I got much sympathy for my OP of being able to use bandages when you're -not- past the ability to regen on your own.  But I think this is on the right track and the two might coincide nicely if its changed to be a slow process and not just a POOF heal.  Kudos in advance :)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: Hauwke on March 14, 2017, 04:44:47 PM
Wouldnt that buff peeps with super high endurance even further with healing? Just a thought since I have seen dwarves and half giants heal pretty bloody quickly.

Good point.

Would probably need some value that represents maximum chance to heal per pulse as well as maximum amount to heal per pulse, which being bandaged cannot push you beyond.

While this would mean some characters would gain no healing benefit from being bandaged it would also be a reason to expand bandages, in the future, to do more than just improve heal chance and amount.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Quote from: nessalin on March 16, 2017, 03:23:00 PM
some characters would gain no healing benefit from being bandaged it would also be a reason to expand bandages, in the future, to do more than just improve heal chance and amount.

Might it be enough to have bandaging to allow someone to heal via resting, when normally they wouldn't?   I'd guess there's a flag on regen of HP that says something like

If (Curr-HP < math-on-Total-HP) Then no-regen.

that could be changed to

If ((Curr-HP < math-on-Total-HP) And (Not-Bandaged)) Then no-regen.

This might allow folks to practice Bandaging skill when folks aren't so badly injured as well?  Since the HP gain is gone, and the bandage is basically just being wasted if the attempt is not needed.  What end up with is:
a) no real change in the injured person's condition (on success)
b) the medic makes things worse (on failure)
either way the material is used up.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Very similar to what I was thinking for a bandage revamp/edit, Whitt; lowering the 'cap' on self-regen when bandaged, making medics less about magicking and more about sustainability out in the field.

I didn't post because that sounds very similar to making it a regenerative effect anyway.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger