Author Topic: Drinking Snobs  (Read 2092 times)

Is Friday

Drinking Snobs
« on: March 04, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »
This Japanese scotch is pretty good. For the price, it should be... but man... liking it. Different than a Scottish Scotch. Pretty smooth. Great undertones.

This thread is for posting your opinions on new drinks you try. Stop drinking the same old shit. Be awesome and do new things.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

Rathustra

• Administrator
Re: Drinking Snobs
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 05:59:46 PM »
I really like Pepsico brand Pepsi from glass bottles. I think it's to do with the conductive material getting the liquid colder? Who knows. I drink it on the rocks, but have been considering getting those little granite cubes you put in the freezer instead? Does anyone have any experience with those? I'm not sure where I fall on the sugar cane versus fructose corn syrup debate - when I've sampled it in America in the past I was drinking for quantity, not quality.

boog

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 06:02:03 PM »
Um. I tried Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey and it's fucking god awful. I normally stick with Crown Royal Black. This shit is as bitter as fuck.

I really like Goldschlagger in Hot Cocoa, y'all. Golden hot cocoa. Luxuriant.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 06:18:52 PM »
I really like Pepsico brand Pepsi from glass bottles. I think it's to do with the conductive material getting the liquid colder? Who knows. I drink it on the rocks, but have been considering getting those little granite cubes you put in the freezer instead? Does anyone have any experience with those? I'm not sure where I fall on the sugar cane versus fructose corn syrup debate - when I've sampled it in America in the past I was drinking for quantity, not quality.
I've had some whiskey rocks for a while but hardly ever use them. They're a real "snob" item to own, I agree. As far as usefulness, I've had them used maybe 3-4x in my 2 years of owning them. If I want my drink to be cold, normally I'm okay with the ice cube diluting the strength of the liquor just a bit. They serve their purpose though, as far as keeping your drink cold. The only problem being that they hit your mouth like rocks if you take a heavy drink.

But you can go for it if you're all about super hard whiskey or whatever.

edit:
I go out of my way to buy Coco-Cola Mexico because it has real sugar in it instead of corn syrup. It is also in glass bottles. Love it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:20:56 PM by Is Friday »
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

boog

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 06:45:18 PM »
Weird! They don't sell it there? I can get coke in glass soda bottles with real sugar in the ethnic aisle in the supermarket, or even oftentimes at gas stations. Crazy.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Feco

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 07:40:23 PM »
YOU GUYS ARE SPEAKING MY LANGUAGE, NOW!

We keep two bars at home.  Here are a couple shitty pictures.

Our main bar, in our butler's pantry:

And my (small) absinthe bar, in the office:

We're drinking cheap shitty wine tonight, though, so nothing interesting to report!
Sunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

solera

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 08:29:12 PM »
It's all old shit to me, but here's to being snobby.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 04:14:35 AM »
I was really getting into scotch and whisky there for a while. But now I'm broke as fuck and let me tell you, the good stuff is expensive.

I can't really remember my favorite. Was either the Lagavulin 16 or some year of Glenfiddich.

I remember once I had this Vodka from Costco, like 30$. Can't remember the brand. It was so smooth and warm. That's by far the best alcohol I've ever had, but I've never found anything like it since. Before that I didn't know hard alcohol could actually taste good and not burn like hellfire.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 04:57:55 AM »
Um. I tried Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey and it's fucking god awful. I normally stick with Crown Royal Black. This shit is as bitter as fuck.

I really like Goldschlagger in Hot Cocoa, y'all. Golden hot cocoa. Luxuriant.

Save honey whiskey for me, I'll drink it all. I prefer my drinks sweeter than bitter apparently. These days I just drink plain Jack for effect.

There's another Suntory whiskey that I've been looking for that comes in a squarish bottle. Hella smooth.

When it comes to Scotches I'm fond of Belvenie 12 or 14. I like my Scotch smooth with body, but not Furniture Varnish.

Also I really like these things

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:00:54 AM by BadSkeelz »
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 05:07:17 AM »
Weird! They don't sell it there? I can get coke in glass soda bottles with real sugar in the ethnic aisle in the supermarket, or even oftentimes at gas stations. Crazy.

It's called Mexican Coke. Get it 'fore the wall is up.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »
I don't drink, but I like to look at pictures of people's fancy bars.  8)

jimminy cricket

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »
Feco: I see you have some Japanese scotch there. I assume you've had it? Amazing.

Synthesis

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 02:05:45 PM »
If you're drinking Japanese Scotch, you aren't drinking scotch.

/snob
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

TheWanderer

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 04:01:52 PM »
I've tried a lot of different varieties and I have to say that Mott's will always naturally champion my taste buds in any endeavor.

Mmm. Smooth.

There are far more sugary selections available in the United States that always seem to leave a peculiar dash of something behind, which makes them utterly trite.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 06:51:40 PM by TheWanderer »
Quote from: Robert Bloch
Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.

Quote from: Alejandro
You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now.

ExtraPlanar

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 04:11:56 PM »
buckfast or nathin'

Lizzie

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 05:50:13 PM »

Hard-core chocolate liqueur. It's basically 21% alcohol Hershey's Syrup. Sip from a cordial glass or pour over ice cream or angel food cake. MMMMMMMMMMMMM good.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Hot_Dancer

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 08:28:47 PM »
This is my jam right now, very happy with either/have both.

Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Is Friday

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 08:38:34 PM »
How do you have it normally? Straight? On the rocks? Mixed?

BrokenRomance

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 08:47:36 PM »
I normally drink rum. Just rum, because I am a sugar addict and you don't get more sugary than distilled sugar cane.

I prefer Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum. Nice sweet warmth going on.

Recently tried Kraken Black Rum. It isn't necessarily bad, but it is a bit harder to swallow than Morgan is. I'm thinking of trying straight coconut rum.

Tend to prefer all my rum straight. Unless there is orange juice nearby. Or apple juice. Just, juice and rum like sugar orgasm in my mouth.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

Armaddict

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 08:53:15 PM »
Got my first bottle of absinthe a couple weeks ago (I didn't know we made it so you could import wormwood in the US again!).  I don't drink it often, just a drink here and there.

Grey goose is still my reliable drink right now, and I always keep a half-gallon of it in my bar.  Variables are gin, various types of rum, patron tequila, and kahlua (because I make white russians).

Only 'new' liquor for me in the past while has been more Johnny Walker whiskey; I'm not usually big on whiskey or scotch, but Jay Dubs has been treating me alright so far.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Is Friday

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 08:59:17 PM »
Someone explain to me the absinthe phenomena.

Hot_Dancer

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 09:13:23 PM »
On the rocks (light ice/3 cubes or so at bars if they don't have cubes)/whiskey cube.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 11:03:55 PM »
I miss Bulleit and High West the most.

:-X
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need
while my blood's still flowing and my heart still beats

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 12:28:46 AM »
I normally drink rum. Just rum, because I am a sugar addict and you don't get more sugary than distilled sugar cane.

I prefer Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum. Nice sweet warmth going on.

Recently tried Kraken Black Rum. It isn't necessarily bad, but it is a bit harder to swallow than Morgan is. I'm thinking of trying straight coconut rum.

Tend to prefer all my rum straight. Unless there is orange juice nearby. Or apple juice. Just, juice and rum like sugar orgasm in my mouth.

Rum is my hard alcohol of choice.

Try Zaya. You will not be disappointed.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:31:11 AM by HavokBlue »
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

MeTekillot

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 01:11:16 AM »
I'm drinking Jim Bean, it's fucking awful.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?