Considering that staff do not discuss specifics on player issues in public, what do the players posting here hope to get out of discussing a one-sided posting of a log?
Are you hoping staff will crack on our policy on discussing these matters with anyone but the player(s) involved? That's not going to happen. But let's not pretend that bardlyone's actions aren't out in the open, either. Any one of you could read up on what she's done over the past few years if you care to, or if you were one of the lucky few she was in contact with on the side. We gave her a chance to play despite everything, which is obvious considering she was playing again in the first place. And now we're here.
Are you hoping for some sort of concession on the rules? That's not on the table IMO. When a player commits one or more bannable offenses, particularly if repeated after warnings/other discipline, they get banned. That isn't going to change.
These are offenses that may result in banning, particularly if repeated, to sum up the rules list:
- Failing to try to roleplay
- Failing to ask for consent before proceeding with sex/torture RP
- Pursuing any sort of rape plotline
- Disrupting play by attempting to play with the same group of players across multiple PCs after being warned away from them
- Sharing IC information to attain an IC advantage for oneself or for another player or coordinate an IC action
- Using a bot/script to "play" the game for you
- Behaving exceptionally badly on the GDB (we're talking about breaking actual laws, here)
Hint: To get banned, you have to do one of these repeatedly. No exceptions. Not even the worst player gets banned without doing one of these twice. And even then, the first ban is almost always temporary.
Banning is a last resort as it is. Scaling back its use even further is impossible because of how little it's already used.