A Second Character

Started by Cind, February 27, 2017, 02:24:05 PM

If you could have a second character, what would it be?

Right now, for me it would be the unambitious secondborn of a highly-ranking Borsail noble. My father would be an npc blue robe Borsail Templar with whom I would hang out in the Arbotoreum when no one was around. Since I'm fairly unreliable in terms of staying a long time, I would probably not pitch in enough into events to make my participation necessary. My older brother would be a highly ambitious, vicious person hell-bent on getting a seat in the Senate and rising as high in the ranks as possible. Extra points for a real player. I would probably not see my aide that much unless they played tons and all I would really want is whatever random gossip they've heard and a bottle of good whiskey ready at all times. If they don't have it, I just give them money and ask them to have it ready the next time.

I would probably be either in the Arbotoreum, nursing a single drink, or in Red's, drawing the people around me. I'm not a big creator of plots or a big mover, and I would honestly not give my aide much work. I enjoy slice-of-life, and I might add in something sharp and crass occasionally, and slice-of-life really does make that occasional confrontation sharper and more heart-pounding. I would probably die from being poisoned by an evil fellow, I would probably be an unknown krathi, and it would never show.

As it stands I hope they never open a second character slot for us, because I want what they said they wanted for us--- a single perspective in the world, free of cheats and the unfair learning of secrets. If they ever decide to make an Arm 2 or some other game with the same code base, that has magick and crafting, I would play it, and try something different than what I have now.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Do you mean like, what "flavor role secondary" would you have? Or do you mean like a fully fleshed out 2nd character? I can barely handle my primaries, IN THE BEST OF TIMES.

But if I had a flavor role? I would absolutely play "the gray elf" with an mdesc that looks like every NPC elf. I would leave them, linkdead, on a road with a changed ldesc of like... street sweeping. Until everyone got used to him being there. Then, wauhahahha. Then hide yo kids, hide yo wife.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Just, a second character, someone you would play, I guess. Flavor role or not. My flavor roles _are_ my primaries, honestly.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

February 27, 2017, 02:46:07 PM #3 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:27:04 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Highly trained mantis sex slave.

Dragon.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

My primary character's imaginary friend.

In honest I have to worry about running out of creativity for ONE character.
I doubt I could do two.
I'd also mix my names up and that'd be embarrassing.

A highly educated bastard who becomes disillusioned with the political structure of the city, and starts a crime syndicate / rebel movement with an eye towards increasing the power of the common/merchant class.

He'd die in 2 IRL days.

I played my second character some years ago. Like Cind, my "flavor" characters are primary characters. Which is why I wouldn't ever tell anyone what I plan on playing - since - I actually plan to play it.
:)
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

A bastard-borne decendant of Tektolnes who has unlocked full sorcery and uses it to conquer the salt flats and raise massive saltwood forests out of the inhospitable landscape, while aggressively locking down the salt trade.

A rat.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 27, 2017, 10:52:38 PM
A rat.

I once special apped for a Noble Ladies pet Jozhal pickpocket who would sneak around the noble quarter stealing minor shiny things from aides/nobles. Unfortunately I was told this wasn't possible. :(
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I've heard of someone playing a gortok before.

Sure, that sounds like lots of fun, but if you want them not to die to the second hunter they come across, make them a spider or something.

A rinthi who lives by scavenging what he or she can find sounds like fun, although I'm not sure what I would do if her supplies ran out. Just some rinthi, right? Not a secret murderer, not a secret magicker. I'm almost always the normal one, against whom the snowflakes can be judged. Occasionally I like having some serious shit in my first bio though.

One time, I had a one-armed elven woman whose stump was blackened at the bottom. She and her tribemate had been captured by a rogue elkros and taken to his cave. She managed to free herself after the experiment that robbed her of her arm but couldn't take her friend with her. She told the Arm and they killed the elkros in his lair. I forgot whether the other girl was saved. But I got to tell the story on the first day to a soldier, presumably because he must have thought the wound looked suspicious.

My second Character would be a lifer, permanently jailed for sniffing the higlords daughters gich.  With no intent on throwing me in the arena or any chance for parole I'd just live my whole life in the bowels of Nak's jail.  My only contact with the outside world would come from the other scum passing through every now and again.  I'd just sit and eat crickets, I'd probably go by "Cricket" as well, and make my desc to look like cricket from its always sunny.  I'd just slowly go insane, acting out my own mind as it unravels over time.  Then one day when I'm old and grey they'd finally release me, but I'd have no idea how to handle the outside world.  So I'd rent out the backroom in the gaj, carve a little picture of a cricket in the beam where I hung my rope, and swing away.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I love you Perfercto. Stay beautiful.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Definitely a halfling.

You're in the grey. Who's that nibblin at ya knees?

It's li'l ol' Extraplanar.

gratata

An ancient shuffling elf that just wanders from place to place, enjoying the scenery and secret places.

I miss that.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: ExtraPlanar on February 28, 2017, 06:09:45 PM
Definitely a halfling.

You're in the grey. Who's that nibblin at ya knees?

It's li'l ol' Extraplanar.

gratata

Halfing, for sure.

Hunter? The tregils would tell stories of me for ages.
Gardener? Call me Samwise.
Halfling war-chief? Cash me in da grey.
Shaman? Fuck yessss.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

February 28, 2017, 09:01:20 PM #20 Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:02:56 PM by Dar
Just a regular average schmoe that will accept the first recruitment job offer that'll be given to him. He wont give a shit about politics, or world events, or anything. He'll just do what he is asked as per his job, live only on the coin he is paid per month, and if he does get extra coin, he'll spend it on booze.

If some poor sod gives him leadership. He'll fail spectacularly, preferably gettng the poor sod killed. But if he's just kept as a usual low-brow employee, he'll be reliable whenever he's sober.

Quote from: Dar on February 28, 2017, 09:01:20 PM
Just a regular average schmoe that will accept the first recruitment job offer that'll be given to him. He wont give a shit about politics, or world events, or anything. He'll just do what he is asked as per his job, live only on the coin he is paid per month, and if he does get extra coin, he'll spend it on booze.

If some poor sod gives him leadership. He'll fail spectacularly, preferably gettng the poor sod killed. But if he's just kept as a usual low-brow employee, he'll be reliable whenever he's sober.

Spotted the noble.  :P
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Quote from: WarriorPoet on February 28, 2017, 06:54:21 PM
An ancient shuffling elf that just wanders from place to place, enjoying the scenery and secret places.

I miss that.

This makes me think of a certain c-elf traveling merchant who had a pack beast but would walk all over from place to place and if I recall it was an elderly guy, at that, years ago, probably closer to a decade than  5 years, even. I miss him. It was neat to see him wandering.

Hmm, on topic.... if I could have a second pc...

Well, tbh if I'm playing a merchant at the time, a ranger. And if I'm playing a ranger at the time, a merchant. One city-bound and one desert-bound. So I wouldn't miss out on snazzy city stuff for my wildsloving heathen, or miss out on being able to roam and hunt with my city-bound merchanty type.
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

One somewhere with less magick.