Also not playing anymore

Started by MeTekillot, February 24, 2017, 03:28:12 PM

Quote from: Malifaxis on April 17, 2017, 06:24:30 AM
I don't think I'm allowed to stop playing, not with this much ink in my skin celebrating the game.

Mmm.  Yeah.  About that.  We're gonna need pics.  But not here!  In the photos thread.  For posterity.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 21, 2017, 03:14:14 PM
Quote from: Malifaxis on April 17, 2017, 06:24:30 AM
I don't think I'm allowed to stop playing, not with this much ink in my skin celebrating the game.

Mmm.  Yeah.  About that.  We're gonna need pics.  But not here!  In the photos thread.  For posterity.

Pretty sure I've already posted them there at one time or another....
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I've got to find the urge to log in again.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

April 23, 2017, 09:23:29 PM #28 Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:42:41 PM by Gilgamesh
On the bright side, I was taking a break and was about to quit the game (again) very recently. But I decided to try and get some extra time into my schedule and started playing again after being gone for over a month! Man, I love this game and can't get enough of it. Despite everything that's happened since I began playing back in '12.

I usually take long breaks. What I do these days is start a character when I feel inspired, play until said character's death, then take a break for a few months and play another RP-enforced MUD/MUSH/MOO/whatever until I come up with another good Armageddon character or just really want to play again. This way it makes things more excited. The game will have changed a good amount since my last character, along with a whole new set of characters from other players. I find it's best not to get back into the game immediately. Give yourself time to sever all emotional ties from your previous character first. I often (and I'm sure others do) get attached to my characters and the ones around mine.

So, whenever there is an f-me emoting in the Gaj - Gil will be there. Whenever there is a breed being treated with decency - Gil will be there. Wherever  someone has the audacity of putting meat between two pieces of bread and calling it a sandwich - Gil will be there!

Not to stop them, though. That's probably just me doing those things, so I will technically be there.

Gilgamesh - your friendly, neighborhood shitty lite-RPer here to fuck up your day!

Sorry to see all of you guys go! Hopefully we'll see you once again. I've known a few people that have left for various reasons. I just hope things will return to normal soon and people will come flocking back to this excellent game!
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

Can add me to this list for the time being.  I have a lot going on at work, and there aren't any 'casual' roles in Armageddon that interest me.

I'm probably coming back from a multi-year break.  I don't like a lot of the flavor-draining changes that have been made, but I have free time and I want to see how things are for a while.

Sort of opposite the thread's purpose, I know.

I have started up again. After being gone for like 7-8 years. Some things new, some things the same. Less players which is sucky.. Less magick which is even suckier. You know for playing the game since I was 12.. I've never gotten over one Karma. Tells you how loved I am.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

Quote from: Rogerthat on June 05, 2017, 05:23:08 AM
I have started up again. After being gone for like 7-8 years. Some things new, some things the same. Less players which is sucky.. Less magick which is even suckier. You know for playing the game since I was 12.. I've never gotten over one Karma. Tells you how loved I am.

Luckily, in the past 7-8 years staff have gotten better about granting karma on a less-favoritism basis. Even -I- have like 4 karma or something now, and I consider myself a sub-par quality roleplayer and communicator.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Also back after roughly five years. Though I'm upset that the new karma system took halfings off my racial list. I was proud of that option, not that I was ever going to play one again.  But having the name on my list gave my a warm fuzzy feeling. Much like eating fresh corpses.

Quote from: Grogerif on July 22, 2017, 03:34:38 PM
Also back after roughly five years. Though I'm upset that the new karma system took halfings off my racial list. I was proud of that option, not that I was ever going to play one again.  But having the name on my list gave my a warm fuzzy feeling. Much like eating fresh corpses.

That's not a karma thing.

Quote1596 (Year 56 Age 21)
An earthquake strikes the whole Known, being felt everywhere and by everyone. Then, a large shape crosses the sky and seems to settle over Suk-Krath, bringing complete darkness to the world. In the darkness, moisture falls from the air, and for a brief time, rain comes to the Known.

As the darkness stretches on over days and into a week, the streets of the cities become dangerous. In Allanak, rioters set fire to buildings and lynch gemmed; in Tuluk, crime runs rampant. Nobles and templars for the most part remain huddled in safety.

At the end of a full week of darkness, the shadow lifts from Suk-Krath to take its own place in the sky as a black moon which reflects very little light. Shortly, a series of further crises strikes both cities. In Tuluk, repeated waves of murky water crash in from west of the Scaien Gates, leveling Red Sun Commons, destroying many buildings, leaving thousands dead, and flooding UnderTuluk. While in Allanak, the city comes under attack from fire elementals as a volcano rises in the southwest, obliterating the critical farming villages of Menos and Taki and destroying the nearby camp of the Al'Seik tribe. In and around Luir's, creatures of stone cause death and destruction while fierce, tearing winds kick up.

In the aftermath, Allanak suffers massive, devastating starvation; Tuluk struggles to rebuild, while UnderTuluk and its people are no more. The halflings seem to be gone from the Grey Forest, and kryl and things previously unknown move in to take their place in the vastly changed landscape. The Al'Seik are nearly completely lost and must take up residence in the tents of the Arab
et. And it is rumored that even in the alleys of the Labyrinth, changes were seen after the dark.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on July 22, 2017, 06:35:25 PM
Quote from: Grogerif on July 22, 2017, 03:34:38 PM

That's not a karma thing.

No, but the karma change fixed them showing up on my list.  Not a karma thing, a never removed special app thing.

Still gave me a fuzzy feeling. :)