The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

As with Taven and Valeria and others over the years, I am departing ArmageddonMUD with finality -- slipping on the ring of invisibility and marking maps for sights unseen or to see again, striking out on that time-consuming thing called 'life'. I've changed my login information, and don't plan on returning.

I've made many friends here, and poked many angry bears in good fun on the GDB. I've stimulated my imagination in ways I didn't think possible, been surprised as other PCs did the same for me, and I hope I helped do the same for others. Though I will miss this hobby, the game hasn't been the same for me for the last year, for several reasons. The most glaring to me is that I myself have changed, and what I want from the game I simply cannot attain or achieve any longer, especially with the limited time available to me as I grow older. Tuluk's closure also closed the part of the game that hooked me in to begin with, and despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to have the level of fun I used to without it. Several players I enjoyed playing around the most, simply aren't playing anymore. There's many contributing factors.

Thanks to Staff for volunteering their time to animate the virtual world and bring things to life. It's an often thankless job. I hope you can derive enough fun from the game itself, and the plots within it, to perpetuate you through the pushback to new ideas and the ideas that simply don't pan out, and through the slow times where other Staff aren't active and you have to pick up the slack. My only advice is -- When in doubt, focus on the players, the plots, and the fun. It's a game after all, not an episode of 'The Office'. Simple plots and animations can do so much good. The game is more important than the request tool, or the endless quest pf 'being right', or witch-hunting perceived 'bad RP'. Focus on the good things.

Thanks to the Players of the game. Without you, the game would simply not exist, and would not have existed as long as it has. Your creativity, writing prowess, roleplaying skills, and the community in general has been a great source of inspiration to me over the last fifteen years.

It's been a good long run. As Bilbo Baggins once said, I regret to announce that — though, as I said, eleventy-one years is far too short a time to spend among you — this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE!

Peace,
Reiloth
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Farewell Reiloth.  Godspeed.

:(

I don't know whether I've ever had a PC interact with any of yours, but you were a big part of the community. You will be missed. Take care!

I'm so glad we met all those years ago. I'll see you around outside the context of this particular sandbox. You're one of the best, and I'm so happy to still call you a friend.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

February 24, 2017, 09:59:24 AM #7 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:02:13 AM by lairos
I don't post often, but having started playing about the same time as you, I have had the privilege of playing with at least a few of your characters over the years. Every single one brought a new flavor and ended up changing my character. I can not say thank you enough for all you have given to this game over the years. It is sad to see another veteran go, but I understand the pull life has. Know that your presence will be missed and felt and hope that maybe one day you can return.
A staff member sends:
     "The mind you have reached is currently unavailable.  Please try again later."

...From ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
the crownless again shall be king.

See you soon, Lairos.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Quote from: Melkor on February 24, 2017, 07:03:36 PM

See you soon, Lairos.

Woah, woah....I'm not going anywhere right now! What is this wishful thinking!? Haha
A staff member sends:
     "The mind you have reached is currently unavailable.  Please try again later."

Damn damn.
Death is only the beginning...

WHO AUTHORIZED THIS??!
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

This is your worst weekly idea ever.   :'(
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

This makes me sad.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: lairos on February 24, 2017, 07:07:07 PM
Quote from: Melkor on February 24, 2017, 07:03:36 PM

See you soon, Lairos.

Woah, woah....I'm not going anywhere right now! What is this wishful thinking!? Haha

LOLOL my bad. meant OP Reiloth.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Voting with my feet as well.

Sorry for the abandoned plots. It's a principle thing. Have a great life everyone!

Well, I look at principles , and then look at whether leaving would benefit me or the game I love, if it came to making a choice.
Take care anyway, Dar, with your life. Might see you again sometime.  :)

After months of playing other games, I have to admit to myself that I've moved on as well. The urge to log in is just gone, and other games seem to offer a better entertainment : downtime ratio. Plus working towards a goal for RL months usually results in some kind of reward for your effort.

I did have fun for a few months, though!

I'm sorry to see you both go. But as someone whose spent more time gone than here, I wish you both a fond farewell and if you ever get the itch to come back, know you'll always be welcome.

Quote from: Akaramu on June 12, 2017, 05:31:05 PM
After months of playing other games, I have to admit to myself that I've moved on as well. The urge to log in is just gone, and other games seem to offer a better entertainment : downtime ratio. Plus working towards a goal for RL months usually results in some kind of reward for your effort.

I did have fun for a few months, though!

If you were who I think you were, had fun playing with you!  Maybe even if you weren't.  Take care!