Wear in mouth

Started by Shoka Windrunner, February 15, 2017, 09:10:45 PM

I think I've seen jewelry worn in the tongue.  But you know what I ain't seen?

Some grizzled ranger dood, bleeding down the right side of his face from a carru, whose corpse is hanging off his beetle, with a spice tube clenched in his teeth.

Can we get a wear location of In The Mouth.  And spice tubes and some pipes, (the little ones, I don't want to see someone walking around with a hookah dangling from the mouth or I will put the Cthulhu mythos in the game immediately  ;)  )  plus things like those roots you are supposed to chew for medicinal, maybe a few pieces of grass and such. 

Please?  Even if I then have to hold my tube before smoking it, I'd be happy.

Seriously.  I can't play my impersonation of the Thing without a fat stogie in my mouth.  Come on man.   ;)
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

A ball-gag in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

tdesc and emotes, I think. Its bad enough that a majority of us never wear another set of clothes/armor and have the same bandana on our ankles for like 5 years straight. "That guy that always has a toothpick in his mouth" can just as easily be tdesc'd, because otherwise anything "in the mouth" would have to be dropped on death/unconscious, and then you get into "tongue rings wouldn't be!"

I do like the idea, but I don't honestly think the addition is in service to the game.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Miradus on February 15, 2017, 09:47:51 PM

A ball-gag in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

That's exactly where my mind went when I saw the title of the post.

In-mouth stuff would be cool flavor, but like Riev and FamousAmos said, I think the tdesc can be used for such a thing.  Hemotes can add a lot of life to things that are affected by tdesc, too!
How about a scavenger hunt?

Maybe idea some of the items to be flagged as 'lips' for a wear location update? I mean, the tube of spice is hit with your lips not your teeth, no? I've yet to meet an actual smoker (of pot or cigs) who regularly bites their smokes, but they might let them hang from the corner of their lips, and the wearloc is already there. >.<
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Quote from: bardlyone on February 16, 2017, 06:18:18 PM
Maybe idea some of the items to be flagged as 'lips' for a wear location update? I mean, the tube of spice is hit with your lips not your teeth, no? I've yet to meet an actual smoker (of pot or cigs) who regularly bites their smokes, but they might let them hang from the corner of their lips, and the wearloc is already there. >.<

Fair enough.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

No, because I shouldn't have to specify that pelvis is the appropriate primary wearloc for a thong.

:-[
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

>look half-giant

<head> a black thong

A huge half-giant says, "These are the worst sunslits ever."

I don't mind having to append a location to something being worn - BUT - I really wish it didn't kill the ability to command emote putting it on.
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Quote from: bardlyone on February 17, 2017, 04:35:00 PM
I don't mind having to append a location to something being worn - BUT - I really wish it didn't kill the ability to command emote putting it on.

wear thong (slipping it over his head) head

wear thong [and smiles cheekily] pelvis

Say (with a laugh) Look I can wear two of these.

Appending a location doesn't kill the ability to use a command emote because you don't always need to put your emote at the end of your command.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Miradus on February 17, 2017, 04:04:32 PM

>look mul

<head> a black thong

A muscley mul says, "Nobody cared who I was before I put on the mask."
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: Bushranger on February 17, 2017, 05:15:35 PM
Quote from: bardlyone on February 17, 2017, 04:35:00 PM

wear thong (slipping it over his head) head

wear thong [and smiles cheekily] pelvis

Say (with a laugh) Look I can wear two of these.

Appending a location doesn't kill the ability to use a command emote because you don't always need to put your emote at the end of your command.

Oh, well crap. Thanks. I'm used to 'wear such and such head (command emote)' and then getting 'head   ' isn't a place you can wear stuff dummy. (paraphrasing, I gave up on trying so long ago I don't remember the return beyond the item location and double space).

so it's not just me accidentally wearing my thong on my head. Apparently this is a feature for all thongs. That's some thoughtful game design right there
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Brassieres, bandeau and other chestwraps have similar features.

Keywords have a similar crazy-making feature for me.

A pair of pants with a small rope attached

A braided mesh rope IN MY HANDS

"put rope pack" always seems to result in me yanking off my pants in the middle of the Gaj and putting it into my pack.

Quote from: Miradus on February 21, 2017, 03:32:47 PM

Keywords have a similar crazy-making feature for me.

A pair of pants with a small rope attached

A braided mesh rope IN MY HANDS

"put rope pack" always seems to result in me yanking off my pants in the middle of the Gaj and putting it into my pack.
I fail to see the issue here.

A long time ago I accidentally sold my pants in the bazaar and didn't have enough coins to rebuy them or another pair. I emoted about trying to hide my package by pulling down my too-short vest or whatever until a kind soul pitied me enough, or was disgusted enough, to buy me a new pair.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on February 21, 2017, 06:29:16 PM
A long time ago I accidentally sold my pants in the bazaar and didn't have enough coins to rebuy them or another pair. I emoted about trying to hide my package by pulling down my too-short vest or whatever until a kind soul pitied me enough, or was disgusted enough, to buy me a new pair.

I played a rinthi who refused to wear boots, he was killed almost immediately. It must have been a principals thing, because I was purposefully wearing nothing of any value. Or maybe they just had a strong hatred of bootless people stealing their stuff.
3/21/16 Never Forget

If you notice items that have odd wear locations (thongs on the head, for example) please use the bug or typo command to mark them. I've been trying to catch them where I see them, but there are a lot that got incorrect wear locations when the new locations went in.

I could dig a new added wear location. The more the merrier, within reason. And I'll admit, I really wanted to have a spice tube hanging out the side of my lips without having to have it sitting in my inventory or something. I get that it can be worn in the hair, but it would be cool to have a lip location, that you could SMOKE from without having to actually hold the spice, etc. Like.

The grizzled dude with a smoke stares at So-and-So for a few quiet seconds, ignoring the blazing sun overhead.

smoke spice

The grizzled dude draws in a deep breath, exhaling the bitter, acrid smelling smoke, and then lunges!

kill jerkface

...something like that. Wouldn't have to lift it. It'd just sit there between his lips as a steady warning. I don't see how adding the feature would take -away- from the game, at worse.
I caused my knife to go into her back, and she effectively was murdered.<- Rulebook on how to politick. -Shalooonsh