Kruth: Merchant's Haul (Saturday 7/8 - 10pm Server)

Started by whitt, February 09, 2017, 01:41:53 AM

Word about the taverns is that there's to be a fairly high stakes Kruth game in Red's.  The game is Merchant's Haul and more details can be found out IC.

The rules:

Kruth: Merchant's Haul
Merchant's Haul is a variant of Suits, most common in Allanak. It is reputed to have been derived as the result of a Falish noble's quest for new card games. It is best played with an independent dealer or at least a dealer that can be trusted to deal straight onto the table and features "common" cards that are used by all of the players.

Objective:
The object is to get the highest run of matching suits in your hand.
Card Points:
Kings - 5
Fate - 4
Life - 3
Truth - 2
Deceit - 1
Death - 0

Play:
Each player pays an ante into the pot then each player is dealt two cards, called their Stash. These two cards are the start of their five card hand and must be used.  Based on the strength of their Stash, players may choose to bet, check, call, raise, etc... starting with a player dubbed First. 
Once the first betting round is complete, the dealer gathers up the pot and deals out the first three (of five) common cards onto the playing surface.  These three cards are called "the Market".  Another round of betting proceeds, starting with the same player as before.
After the second betting round is complete, the dealer gathers up the pot and deals out the fourth (of five) common cards, called the "the Street".  Another round of betting proceeds, starting with the same player as before.
Again, after betting, the dealer gathers up the pot, and deals the last common card, "the Gate".  After the Gate card is revealed, there is a final round of betting and players reveal their stash to determine who can make the highest scoring hand out of the their two-card Stash, plus three of the common cards.  Each player may only use three of the common cards from the table.

Scoring:
Point totals only count for the highest points of the matching suit in hand.
For example:
If the common cards revealed: the Wind of Kings, Wind of Fate,  Stone of Fate, Water of Life and Water of Truth. The table would have (9) points in Wind, (0) points in Sun, (4) points in Stone, and (5) points in Water.
If a player has a stash consisting of Wind of Deceit and the Stone of Life, they would have (1) point in Wind and (3) points in Stone in their stash, meaning they would want to play Wind as their suit: (1) from their Stash plus (9) from the table, giving them a final score of (10).

If there is a tie in points the tied players split the pot.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

So this is a sort of hybrid between 5-card-stud (two in your hand, three from the table), and go fish (the matching aspect since matching ranks that aren't matching suits don't count)?

Just making sure I'm "seeing" a round in my head correctly.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on February 09, 2017, 06:44:25 AM
So this is a sort of hybrid between 5-card-stud (two in your hand, three from the table), and go fish (the matching aspect since matching ranks that aren't matching suits don't count)?

Pretty close, yes.  It's maybe the Zalanthan equivalent of Texas Hold'em using Suits and Ranks scoring.
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Or, do what I do.

Decide how into the cards, you are, and then at the end let someone else tell you if you won or not.

... Gambling!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on February 09, 2017, 11:40:23 AM
Or, do what I do.

Decide how into the cards, you are, and then at the end let someone else tell you if you won or not.

... Gambling!

I TOLD you not to share our secret with anyone. Gah!
:-[
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on February 09, 2017, 01:28:52 PM
Quote from: Riev on February 09, 2017, 11:40:23 AM
Or, do what I do.

... Gambling!

I TOLD you not to share our secret with anyone. Gah!
:-[

So that was you two!  I knew something seemed fishy!

Pretty excited for this event, though!
How about a scavenger hunt?

Will there be strip Kruth?

(now I totally know who you play. So. Strip kruth y/n?)

;D

I've always wanted to see people using their actual gear or jewelry as collateral on gambling.

I'd be very interested in seeing this in action. I hope it goes well.

Thanks to all who attended, hope you enjoyed.  Perhaps we'll see another.

Trying this again!  Friday, Feb 24th.  Details IC!

This was wonderful fun!  Thank you for the event, and I really hope to see it again in the future!
How about a scavenger hunt?

Quote from: Esadal on February 25, 2017, 12:46:39 AM
This was wonderful fun!  Thank you for the event, and I really hope to see it again in the future!

Agreed!

Look for details IC! Next Round Friday, March 24th.

Next round is the Kuraci/Salarr Kruth Tournament in the Memorial Tent.  Look for details ICly.

Quote from: whitt on May 20, 2017, 03:50:28 AM
Next round is the Kuraci/Salarr Kruth Tournament in the Memorial Tent.  Look for details ICly.

About an hour away!  Be there or be several hundred sid richer! ;)

Trying this again!  Friday, June 9th.  Details IC!

Kruth returns!  This time with a special prize for the player that ends the game with the most sid!  Saturday, July 8th.  Details IC!

See first post in this thread for the rules.

Quote from: whitt on July 02, 2017, 05:41:20 PM
Kruth returns!  This time with a special prize for the player that ends the game with the most sid!  Saturday, July 8th.  Details IC!

See first post in this thread for the rules.

90 minutes to find your seats.