What Would You Add to the Driath?

Started by Erythil, February 08, 2017, 12:42:47 PM

02/11/2017
Three new areas to explore around the Vrun Driath.
--Akariel, Katima

February 11, 2017, 08:57:32 PM #26 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:59:19 PM by Jingo

This is a creature that once lived on earth. It was capable of flight.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Akariel on February 11, 2017, 06:37:31 PM
02/11/2017
--Akariel, Katima

For real?  Consider my interest piqued.

Quote from: Jingo on February 11, 2017, 08:57:32 PM

This is a creature that once lived on earth. It was capable of flight.

A long-beaked siltflyer glides through the air over the dunes.

Huh. Actually thought silt flyers were much smaller and way less dangerous.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

They probably are, there isn't really a good indication of their size that I've found.

I would love to see massive silt-fliers... tameable, maybe. (or bring back Rocs).

02/11/2017
--Akariel, Katima

02/11/2017
--Akariel, Katima

02/11/2017
--Akariel, Katima

Three cheers?
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

02/11/2017
--Akariel, Katima

I was having GDB problems and my posts weren't going through GOSH

just translate it as "i'm super excited to see new stuff go in for the wilderness" okay

:-[

02/11/2017
--Akariel, Katima

Please tell me one of them is Jabba's Palace.  ;)
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

February 12, 2017, 09:05:02 PM #38 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:28:36 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Quote from: Jingo on February 11, 2017, 09:33:44 PM
Huh. Actually thought silt flyers were much smaller and way less dangerous.

Silt flyers bodies are large enough to see from other rooms, like half-giant corpses.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I like the idea of a subterranean system, village, or even city. Sounds awesome. Maybe dwarves???

I think the silt sea should play a bigger role in southern culture. I know it does to some already, hence "bigger."

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

A network of caves "already" exists. And it's a big one. Though it could be useful to make it bigger. In all honesty, I think the reason it's bare-ish right now is due to severe lack of player attention.

"Bigger" just leads to the salt flats, a collection of like 500 rooms that show the expansive world, but contain very little.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

No. no. I dont mean just adding rooms for kicks. And I dont mean doing it via "It's always been like that" staffside. I mean ... everything done through player attempts. And if it's the players that do it, then I guess ... it's not going to be collections of bare rooms.