Farewell, Crackageddon

Started by Taven, February 07, 2017, 12:40:02 AM

Godspeed.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

You will be missed. Best of luck.

February 10, 2017, 03:37:37 PM #27 Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:42:38 PM by Melkor
Hello. I'm Melkor. I am an Arm Addict.
(hello Melkor)
It has been about 30 seconds since I have last played.... I already want to log back in.
I was off the wagon for nearly 10 years, with Jesus Christ on my side.... Last week, I got to reminiscing.... Then, before I knew what I was even doing, I had already submitted a character App... It was over. 10 years in a flash.
Every minute of my free-time is now within Zalanthas. It is even worse now than it was for me 10 years ago... Now I can play when I am away from home, on my smart-phone. I find myself playing on my 10 minute breaks at work, and on my lunch break. I literally struggled not to play on the drive to and from work. (though I did not. driving is dangerous, kids). I would like to find a balance, but I cannot reasonably see that happening, especially now that my character is ~~involved~~ in totally cool events. It has gotten to the point I am even thinking of getting my woman hooked on it....
The addiction is real...
and fuck is it good.

P.s. Good luck with all of your future endeavors, friend. I hope you have some wonderful adventures.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

I have no idea if I've ever had the privilege of RPing with you, Taven.

That said, I can't recall a post on the GDB from you that hasn't been enlightening, inspirational, and plain out awesome.

You will be missed.

I'm incredibly sad that you feel the need to banned from both the game and the GDB to deal with the issues the game presents to you. I very much hope you return to the GDB at the very least, and perhaps one day the game itself - although I fully understand how it can demand more attention than is strictly healthy.

February 11, 2017, 09:41:46 AM #29 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:33:29 AM by Harmless
Farewell. I understand fully. My happiest years of life, maybe, were those when I was not actively playing arm. I think my goal is to play a character's life to a satiafying end then take a long break from the game ao I can look back on the story that was made between me and my fellow players. I definitely have had a few signs of addiction in the past. I think I may be coming up on another year-long break soon, I hope, and look forward to that more now that I read your helpful post. Take care and good luck in life.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I don't know whether or not I interacted with you
In game or not, but It's always a bummer to see one
of you vets go.

But, as someone who suffers from addiction and has been/is
in treatment/programs for it I definitely recognize a lot of the
signs in your post if I substitute a few word. Just want to say
good luck, hope you find peace in your 'sobriety'.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

sad to lose a veteran!  best of luck to you on your journey of self discovery.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

I missed this thread.  I thought the GDB felt a little quieter and a little less shiny, lately. 

You will be missed.  If it's something you really struggle to control, cutting ties is the best thing you can do for yourself.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.