Author Topic: What brings a character alive for you?  (Read 1015 times)

Melkor

Re: What brings a character alive for you?
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 04:16:24 AM »
Flaws, Flaws, and more flaws. And staying consistent with those flaws, even when they are a detriment to the character. I try to practice what I preach, and have lost many a treasured character because of this.

Nothing bores me more than a flawless character, for instance:
"H'lo, Ahm a rough and tough waster who kicks ass, takes names, and accounts to no one... But I know everything about the known world, flora, fauna, magick, foreign lands, aristocracy, and  every other subject. Btw when I talk to a templar, I lose my gritty speech patterns, and learn 24235424 new words."
And thus, I became a Madman.

Raptor_Dan

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 05:10:49 AM »
Flaws, Flaws, and more flaws. And staying consistent with those flaws, even when they are a detriment to the character. I try to practice what I preach, and have lost many a treasured character because of this.

Nothing bores me more than a flawless character, for instance:
"H'lo, Ahm a rough and tough waster who kicks ass, takes names, and accounts to no one... But I know everything about the known world, flora, fauna, magick, foreign lands, aristocracy, and  every other subject. Btw when I talk to a templar, I lose my gritty speech patterns, and learn 24235424 new words."

I played that guy once, but I died too quick because I forgot to sip everything, and only taste food, until I was full. Poisoned by the hot teen f-me that hooked up with me straight out char-gen who was troubled and dark, but not so troubled she didn't giggle constantly when having sex.

Ditto on the flaws. Some folks, like me, won't attack your char's weaknesses just because you have them.
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

MeTekillot

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 06:34:04 PM »
Text pussy.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

Raptor_Dan

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 06:42:34 PM »
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Melkor

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 08:02:53 PM »
And thus, I became a Madman.

Hauwke

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 09:51:44 PM »
God dammit I just wasted a mouthful of iced coffee.

TheGoose

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2017, 02:11:48 PM »
If you havin' mate problems, I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems, but a kank ain't one.