Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 1479 times)

boog

Re: Fitness
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2017, 10:06:23 PM »
I'm dying of laughter. Oh my god. <3 <3 <3 Nothing against you, H. I'm just tickled.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Pale Horse

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2017, 03:57:40 PM »
I skipped my cardio workout for several days, using the excuses of "it's too cold" "I'm not feeling well," etc, etc.

Today the weather is great and I'm feeling just fine so I told my excuses to shut up.  I put on my running vest and hit the streets.  Intervals of quicker running mixed with a good swift march for about 2 miles then another 2 mile march on an uphill grade back to my house.  Google maps says it was about 4.3 miles, which is just fine by me.  Doing this every other day and I should be able to shrink my waist another few inches.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

boog

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2017, 04:19:06 PM »
God, static state cardio is the pits, but I'm gonna run with my eldest son tonight for about 25 minutes upstairs on the little balcony that outlines the gym above at the Y before my weights (while the younger one has swim lessons) because...

Well, okay. Monday. He has soccer every Monday.

This motherfucker kept asking his coach how long they had until they would break. He kept falling all over himself, tripping over literally NOTHING. I can chalk some of that up to inherited clumsiness, but he legitimately asked his coach how much longer was left in the fourth quarter and when the coach said, "fifteen minutes Sol," my son said, "SERIOUSLY?"

I can never, ever remember being winded or miserable to the point of petitioning my coach about limiting the quarter time in soccer, even as a really young kid. I was more concerned about doing well so my dad would shut up on the sidelines.

They just don't make kids like they used to. *fist shake*
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2017, 05:57:34 PM »
I'm easily the least fit I've ever been. Building a respectable beer belly. Spring is here though so maybe I'll shed some fat while hiking and stop munching so much.

Hauwke

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »
Well thats what she kept calling it at least, she had a hysterectomy. It could be that she got confused about it and called it the wrong thing because I never actually googled what it was.

boog

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2017, 09:36:24 AM »
Yeah, that's probably fibroids. Fibromyalgia is an all-over pain, the cause is only hypothesized, and it's basically overactive nerves making you hurt. I get 'flares' where it gets worse around my lady cycle, though. It's ridiculous.

Not to worry. I'm gonna have endometriosis here before I'm 35, which is ... only 6 years ... away almost ... oh fuck...

Um. So, if I want any more kids, I'm gonna have to have them within the next few, because I'll probably have to have a full hysterectomy like 100% of the women on my mom's side of the family.

It's strange what hereditary bullshit you end up inheriting.

That being said -- I actually feel pretty good after running last night with the booba. He cried because I whooped his ass on a few laps and he said I was, "too fast," but we basically did interval training because I'd make him do sprints and then we'd walk a lap. He lasted surprisingly longer than I thought he would.

We're going again tonight, then I'm gonna do some weight lifting. I've been doing this routine: https://www.kagedmuscle.com/blogs/8-week-hardcore-trainer/overview-program
for a week now, and I like it. I have to improvise some stuff, but other than that, I've enjoyed the new exercises I've incorporated into my routine.

I really do need to do some more deadlifts and Olympic stuff like Yam told me to. I just hate how much of a brofest it is in the gym and how I'm always leered at because I'm one of the very few girls who dares go into the weight room who isn't, um, well, already with another girl, heh. (No one bothers this lesbian couple. I find myself in awe of their strength. They both do Crossfit stuff and make me look like a weakling.)
There is only one boog.