Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 2253 times)

Cind

Re: Fitness
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2017, 01:52:00 AM »
I like yoga, but I kind of fell off that wagon a while ago. I was also supposed to do some tai chi. I'll get on that.

I've been losing two pounds a week for five weeks and I actually do feel slightly better. Last week was a bust because we made a bad going-out decision and then we celebrated someone's birthday. Back on the wagon we go.

I have been eating a lot of bananas, oranges, tangerines and apples for longer than that but I'm trying to cut down (they were a LOT of my diet) because the doctor said they turn into sugar in your body (I'm not even close to a candidate for diabetes but I am still chubby-chubbs.)
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

solera

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2017, 05:32:10 AM »
I don't know about restricting fruit. Yes they do contain sugars, but they are real, raw food with fiber and "real" vitamins etc. It just "feels"  wrong to me.

Synthesis

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2017, 12:38:31 PM »
Currently doing a 6-day rotation:

Day 1:  2 mile run, chest, back abs
Day 2:  2 mile run, arms
Day 3:  6 mile run
Day 4:  2 mile run, chest, back abs
Day 5:  2 mile run, arms
Day 6:  2 mile run, LEG DAY
Day 7:  rest

I don't fuss much about my diet.  There's a saying in bodybuilding..."You can be lean, strong, or natural, but you can only pick two."
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

boog

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 12:54:50 PM »
Oh, running.

Nope.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Hot_Dancer

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2017, 06:43:46 PM »
Got the road bike some new grip tape and a new seat. Struggled mightily to finish ten miles - didn't even take the 'Option' route with the brutal hills.

Shamefur display.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2017, 02:12:47 AM »
I did p90x and followed the dietary restrictions, not the plan exactly and lost 76lbs last summer.    I did about  2 weeks of just cardio before that to get my body used to working out.  If you are over weight than weight loss is fast and easy.   If you are looking for gains thats another story.  I don't think there is a get fit quick scheme though. You have to put in the work and continue it to stay fit.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

boog

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2017, 10:27:57 AM »
Sometimes, it's a little more complicated than that.

I'm going back to low carb and restricted sugar. Nothing else has really worked for me. Even with an increase in exercise/reps/weights, I've actually gained weight by doing less cals and more carbs/sugar than when I did low carbs/low sugar/less exercise.

But, I also have PCOS, soooooooooooooooo.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2017, 11:30:10 AM »
Been neglecting fitness the last few weeks but I'm going to get a nearby gym membership once I settle in.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

Malken

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2017, 11:32:52 AM »
I bought this thing a few weeks ago:

Best thing ever for lazy people like me - I put it under my computer desk and I easily do 2-3 hours a day just by playing games/doing homework/reading books.
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

MeTekillot

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
Rather not be gross and sweaty at my desk.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

Malken

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2017, 03:43:31 PM »
Rather not be gross and sweaty at my desk.

There's this thing called a fan that prevents it, unless you're biking 50 mph for 2+ hours :)

I wish it wasn't so heavy, though, or else I'd totally bring it at my university work desk.
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

Hot_Dancer

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2017, 06:39:43 PM »
Got my two primary workouts in this week, not the full routine though.

Legs twice, back and shoulders. Had very good lifts -was scared to do back/shoulders because I've been waking up at night now and then with the outside of an arm numb/down to two outside fingers. Weird tennis elbow style shit that I've been dealing with a few years now. Back lifts involve pulls/very hard on elbows.

Might knock out chest and triceps in the morning for a 'close enough' to full rotation score.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

boog

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2017, 07:04:48 PM »
I only got a small back/bicep workout and a regular chest/tricep session in this week. I can tell, too.

But, the week before, I corked my fucked up right shoulder doing some lat exercises that I overextended upon. I have a rotator cuff issue that my doctor said she'd prescribe PT for that she, um, never did. Other than that, she said she could just put me on prednisone for it and I, uh, politely declined. No thanks.

I need to get back to lifting. Walking for a couple hours every morning doesn't give quite the same satisfaction as a 30 minute weight lifting session to me.
There is only one boog.

boog

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2017, 08:36:38 PM »
I'm steadily going down, which is great! I think I'm another 5 down from the last time I posted.

But I figured I'd take a glance over IIFYM (because those fuckers are so god damn ripped) and wow, do I not get enough protein for the weights I'm lifting. Or, um. Well. Anything else. I'm about 20g off on fats, 60-80 off on carbs, and the same for protein. And I ... need to get about 400-600 more calories per day. But that's hard because my birth control makes me not want to eat and I -tried- eating more today to meet my macro and caloric goals and all I got was super bloated.

Guess I better start making some chicken breast crust pizzas or something.
There is only one boog.

Synthesis

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2017, 03:03:21 AM »
Was feeling good yesterday, so I put what was previously my lifetime 1-rep max on the bench press, just to see if I could hit it again.

Knocked out 5 reps.

Then another 3.

I'm within striking distance of benching a weight that for my entire life, I've thought was probably just out of my range.  Not only benching it, but doing it for reps.  The only mildly annoying thing is that...the saying holds true.  Staying natural and keeping your metabolism anabolic unavoidably means you get a little fatter in the process.

Is Friday

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2017, 11:01:52 AM »
For strength training and overall fitness I perform best when I'm at 12-15% body fat, yeah. When I'm below 12 I'm just fast, heh.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

Pale Horse

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2017, 02:30:51 PM »
Since getting off of Active Duty, I'd pretty much let myself go as far as exercise goes.

In the last couple months, however, I've rediscovered the joys of working out.  I'm not up to par with what I used to be while having mandatory PT three to four times out of the week, but I'm breaking 50 push-ups per minute and working at bringing my sit-ups back up to that.  My running is still pretty awful, but I'm slowly working it back up to be under 12 minutes for a mile and a half.  I've never been the best of runners, so my goal as a civilian so to break my all-time best score while in the active military (11 minutes for a mile and a half).  So long as I can maintain 50 push-ups/sit-ups in under a minute, I'll just maintain that and really focus on my run.

Since starting up running again, I haven't really dropped a lot of pounds (thankfully, most of it's still muscle), but I went from a 37 inch waist to a 34 in the last 4 weeks.  I'm pushing to drop another 2 inches which should set me up pretty nicely for longer running sessions.  I hate feeling like I jiggle while I run.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

boog

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2017, 02:33:08 PM »
I fucking hate running. I'd rather just do 15-20 minutes of HIIT.
There is only one boog.

Pale Horse

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2017, 02:48:10 PM »
I fucking hate running. I'd rather just do 15-20 minutes of HIIT.

I despise running.  But I'm able to trick my brain and emotions by reminding myself that no one's forcing me to do this and I can run at my own pace.  "Run for fun," in other words, and not the military definition of "fun."  It hasn't brought me back up to how well I did before being discharged, but I work out far harder than I would if I still kept the attitude of having to do it.

I'm still in my state National Guard, however.  Must maintain the same fitness standards as active duty.  I just don't have to constantly be under pressure to score above 95, if you're not scoring above 95 your a lazy scrub what's your excuse maggot becauseIdon'tcarewhatitisitstinksandyou'reafailurefornotgettingit!!!!!

Passing the test above 75 is acceptable.  You only go for the higher scores of 90 for personal growth and if you really want to look good for when a position opens up for promotion.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

boog

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2017, 09:15:06 PM »
You also don't have boobs to strap in.

I can't really afford a $100 sports bra scientifically proven to minimize bounce. I have to like, triple wrap these puppies if I wanna not have them flopping everywhere. Plus, they weigh you down, man!

I'll just stick to like, the elliptical. And dancing. And walking. You can run extra for me. ;) <3
There is only one boog.

boog

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2017, 04:06:41 PM »
"At 6pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I run a bootcamp class. I'm gonna see you there, right?"
"Umm. Maybe."

I think I'll try it next week. I don't know how I feel about the only male personal trainer at the Y telling me to get to his class. Is it lacking participants? Has he observed me in the weight room kicking ass the last few months and wanted me to join up? Was he bored? Was he flexing for the young kid he was training at the time and telling him to step it up because the young lady (lol yeah right, me) at the cable machine was going harder than he was?

Yeah. Next week. I'm gonna swim with the kids tonight.
There is only one boog.

Cind

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2017, 04:23:50 AM »
110 pounds would be slightly underweight for me according to my BMI. I don't see personally how there's one type of BMI when you have men, women with no breasts and women with naturally huge knockers and butts.

I was able to fit comfortably into a tavern wench outfit to go to the renaissance fair. That thing was hard for me to fit into the last two years. I didn't really lose that much, about 14 pounds in three months. I blame part of that on the fact that my mom loves eating at this one restaurant but refuses to go alone, and there's not really any healthy options there. I kind of slacked off on the last month, for reasons I don't really recall right now. I think I was overestimating how much I needed to have; I have this abstract fear of not eating as much as I need to function. I wish I could stand treadmills; give me a real path to follow and I could walk it all day. Right now I just do 30 minute walks almost every day with the dog.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

boog

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2017, 09:57:44 AM »
I didn't try so hard at the gym today. I have a sunburn searing my back from yard work (it never fails -- every fucking year I forget ONCE to oil up that upper part on my back while I'm wearing a tanktop and bang), and my cycle's approaching, so I'm bloated and unhappy and my fibromyalgia is flaring up like a mother.
There is only one boog.

Hauwke

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2017, 08:53:37 PM »
My mum had that I think. They took everything out and it appears to be fixed.

Synthesis

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2017, 09:56:57 PM »
My mum had that I think. They took everything out and it appears to be fixed.

Took everything out? To fix fibromyalgia?  What, did she get a lobotomy?

My guess is you're thinking of uterine fibroids--totally not the same thing.