Author Topic: Twitch  (Read 548 times)

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
Twitch
« on: January 31, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »
Don't know if any of you care, but I do Twitch streaming of games and a YouTube channel of similar. 

www.youtube.com/shadeofdead

www.twitch.tv/shadeofdead

I'm going to be streaming some Templar kil....I mean Resident Evil 7 tonight.  Starting like now I guess.  So if you are interested, pop by, say hello!

No.  I don't stream Armageddon.  That sounds awful.  Twitch Plays Armageddon.

Funny maybe though.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

RogueGunslinger

Re: Twitch
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 01:32:42 AM »
I would totally watch someone play Armageddon.

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 07:59:30 AM »
I would totally watch someone play Armageddon.

Would you want to watch Twitch Plays Armageddon though? ;)

All those random internet trolls spamming commands in chat to make things happen...

I guess it would be a very compelling character with multiple personalities.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:03:29 AM »
I would love to do an Armageddon Twitch, but I don't think staff wouldn't like that... something abut OOC information.   :o
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Riev

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 09:17:05 AM »
Streaming Arm, as well, would also cause staff to insta-ban the account in the BEST of times.

Though I've always thought it'd be interesting to stream an announcer-like perspective on Gladiator games. Edit it into a youtube video afterwards, with some art from the community, etc.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 09:50:07 AM »
The Gladiator thing would be cool really.

An Armageddon demo?  Walk into arena, sit down, watch awesome Gladiator fight.  Walk out of arena, get murdered, welcome to Armageddon.

Riev

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 11:47:20 AM »
I was thinking kind of like a Live-Look-In at an Arena match where someone with a great reading voice puts some feeling behind whats going on.

The youtube thing, I've thought about for a while, but I don't think it'd work. Far better would be people telling staff-approved stories, and mixing in some fan-art to go with it, like they do with Critical Role and other story-telling genres.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »
Youtube could be possible, but the issue is making sure in-game secrets (stuff not in docs) are not shown off which is near impossible in some roles.  You'd have to do some major editing to videos depending.  I've been starting to get into Streaming actually, been trying to play indie games or when my wife and I are playing Wildstar together.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Marauder Moe

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 01:48:22 PM »
No one remembers that time some Polish guy did a series of Armageddon "Let's Plays" on Youtube?  Though he spent most of the time reading help files aloud and commenting on them.

Riev

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 01:54:21 PM »
Najdorf, wasn't it?

It was a great intro, ish. I just think we could benefit not just from "Original Submissions" but from youtube videos like the ones Cat and Raisin-Ohs used to do. Just telling stories from their perspectives, all the interesting things that happened.

I'd watch that.

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »
No one remembers that time some Polish guy did a series of Armageddon "Let's Plays" on Youtube?  Though he spent most of the time reading help files aloud and commenting on them.

Just went looking and the guy is Spfnym.  Yeah, I'm not sure it's a good watch or not, I saw the first several videos were of him reading the help files on armageddon.org.

I'm not sure what the rest of it is.  Character creation by the looks of it, and other things perhaps.

I might do something like this, but it's awful...awful hard to try to figure out how something like this could be done, without violating tons of IC info or something similar.  I don't know.  I'm not sure it could be done, except in a vacuum that is separate from the rest of actual Arm play.  Huh.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 03:25:22 PM »
I think he basically stopped after staff contacted him to try and work out some arrangement to prevent exactly that problem.

Just send in logs if you want to show off Armageddon play.

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 03:34:39 PM »
True enough.  I was trying to think of a way to use it for advertising of the game.  In the way that some games have a demo, that isn't actually in the full game.  If that makes sense.  A scripted, yet realistic portrayal of gameplay in Arm.  A series of events in the life of Amos or what have you.  Perhaps set in a mocked up area of 'Nak showing how the game handles things.  Like arrest, getting away with doing things that would get you arrested (well sort of, it's hard for me to explain at the moment, haven't the time), a bit of combat, the selling system.  So on.  End with him being mugged for his shiny new boots he just bought.  Dunno.  Just a random thought that would take a ton of work from Staff to get done.

lostinspace

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 06:26:34 PM »
I've really been considering streaming my Overwatch gameplay. I've been playing Pharah non-stop and apparently I'm very good at it according to Overbuff. Do any of you have a recommendation of streaming software to use for Twitch and Overwatch?
3/21/16 Never Forget

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 07:08:17 PM »
I've really been considering streaming my Overwatch gameplay. I've been playing Pharah non-stop and apparently I'm very good at it according to Overbuff. Do any of you have a recommendation of streaming software to use for Twitch and Overwatch?

Free, works really well, OBS, or OBS Studio.  Studio is in beta, and you'll find less in the way of tutorials for it.  So...basic OBS is good.  I'm assuming on PC.  If it's not, then...You would need to use their onboard software to do it easily.  I know they both have Twitch integration.  If you want YouTube on PS4 and XBox One, I'm unsure how to do it.  But get OBS Studio, make sure it outputs the video in .mp4, then get a simple editor.  I've paid for Wondershare Filmora.  It's -pretty- good, not as nice as say Sony's Vegas software (less bells and whistles), but Vegas Pro often would crash on me.  Which, after waiting 45 minutes for a video to render and it crashes at 95%, meaning you have to start over, is enough to make you also need to buy a new monitor, if you know what I mean.

Anyway...OBS, Video Editing Software (you'll probably want to pay for this, the free ones either put a watermark on them, or are pretty shit really) and a decent microphone, you don't need anything amazing to start.

Is Friday

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 11:24:57 PM »
You have a nice voice for streaming, no homo.

Watched some of your Stellaris video. There's some of us that play Stellaris irregularly here.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 11:52:10 PM »
Cool. Thanks for watching.  ;D

I really do feel like Stellaris is better than Civ VI right now.  It has issues.

Hauwke

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 01:04:02 AM »
I find watching the civ games boring as shit.

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 07:43:07 AM »
I find watching the civ games boring as shit.

Yeah I kinda do to. Stellaris is basically Real Time with pause so it's a little better. Also Science.  ;D

BadSkeelz

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 01:10:56 PM »
Just wait till this next big patch/DLC overhauls a lot of mechanics. You'll be able to put up a poll to see which vassal species in your empire you're going set to edible livestock.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 01:14:08 PM »
My murloc race will flourish.

Don't kill your enemies. Eat them.

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »
If you care, doing a little Halcyon 6 for a bit on twitch.  Haven't played it before.  So if you want to see me fumble and fail and learn, come on over. ;)

www.twitch.tv/shadeofdead

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »
Sorry to necro, but I subbed and followed.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!