Dresses!

Started by ChibiTama, January 30, 2017, 01:03:47 PM

Currently, if you are wearing a dress and underwear at the same time, it will show your underwear when people look at you. It would be great if you could wear a dress without having to wear tights or leggings under it to hide your undies.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

Alternatively, who needs underwear?

Does this issue come up with chest-worn tresses, or does it show up when they're warn in other slots as well?

January 30, 2017, 01:26:27 PM #2 Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:31:07 PM by nauta
Quote from: BadSkeelz on January 30, 2017, 01:20:55 PM

Does this issue come up with chest-worn tresses, or does it show up when they're warn in other slots as well?

Find out IC!

Psyche!

@ChibiTama: I just checked in the game and it looks like loincloths are covered by dresses.

Anyway, 'on trunk' -- which is where bras and undershirts go -- is covered up by the 'on torso' slot -- which is where vests and blouses go.

'On pelvis' -- which is where my loincloths go -- is covered up by 'on legs' -- which is where my dresses go.

Perhaps your underwear is different than mine?

Tip: do 'look self' to see what others see; 'eq' will list everything by slot. Also 'ass -v garment' will list off which slots it could be worn on.  I seem to recall that thongs can go in the 'on waist' slot which -is- visible over your skirt.

ETA: Ah! I see the problem.  Yes, the problem is that dresses go in the 'on torso' slot so they do not cover 'on pelvis' items!

I agree, this should be changed!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Depends on the object in question.  If the clothing item lacks a tag to cover [waist] or [legs], or is lacking a tag that causes it to act as an [over] garment.  It could be that these tags just need to be added.

I would suggest submitting a request or a suggestion when you find one of these pieces.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Even a Bug report might be enough. When the new slots went in they asked us to bug anything that didn't seem to be working properly.

The tall, muscular man looks up the tall, muscular woman's skirt.
You notice he was trying to be furtive about it.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

This isn't something as simple as a tag, unfortunately. Wear locations cover other wear locations based on the wear location, not a flag. Since other things take the torso wear location (like shirts, tunics, vests, some bandeaus, ect) we can't also have it cover the pelvis location since the majority of upper-wear is not a dress.

What I can do is see if there's anything I can beg the coders to do.

Quote from: Akariel on January 30, 2017, 03:00:15 PM
This isn't something as simple as a tag, unfortunately. Wear locations cover other wear locations based on the wear location, not a flag. Since other things take the torso wear location (like shirts, tunics, vests, some bandeaus, ect) we can't also have it cover the pelvis location since the majority of upper-wear is not a dress.

Individual dresses that are described as covering the whole body (like any good Allanaki dress should) could maybe have the 'about body' wearloc added as a stop-gap? AFAIK that wearloc covers almost everything except for obvious stuff like the face.

Coders probably have a better solution than I, admittedly.

Quote from: nauta on January 30, 2017, 01:26:27 PM
Quote from: BadSkeelz on January 30, 2017, 01:20:55 PM

Find out IC!

Psyche!

@ChibiTama: I just checked in the game and it looks like loincloths are covered by dresses.

Anyway, 'on trunk' -- which is where bras and undershirts go -- is covered up by the 'on torso' slot -- which is where vests and blouses go.

'On pelvis' -- which is where my loincloths go -- is covered up by 'on legs' -- which is where my dresses go.

Perhaps your underwear is different than mine?

Tip: do 'look self' to see what others see; 'eq' will list everything by slot. Also 'ass -v garment' will list off which slots it could be worn on.  I seem to recall that thongs can go in the 'on waist' slot which -is- visible over your skirt.

ETA: Ah! I see the problem.  Yes, the problem is that dresses go in the 'on torso' slot so they do not cover 'on pelvis' items!

I agree, this should be changed!
Are you sure you're talking about dresses and skirts? Skirts will go over the legs but dresses do not as they go into the body or torso slot.
etwo wood
kill booty

Quote from: Fathi on January 30, 2017, 03:08:14 PM
Quote from: Akariel on January 30, 2017, 03:00:15 PM

Individual dresses that are described as covering the whole body (like any good Allanaki dress should) could maybe have the 'about body' wearloc added as a stop-gap? AFAIK that wearloc covers almost everything except for obvious stuff like the face.

Coders probably have a better solution than I, admittedly.

Food for thought:

How difficult would it be to add another wear location, like "over all," to act as the outer-most layer?

Things like cloaks, robes, various other outer garments could take this slot in addition to the "about body" slot, as well as the odd bandolier or other item that could be expected to be worn for ease of access.  Packs and such.

Trade off being they could get hit more often in combat.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Adding a new wear location comes with a lot of extra baggage that isn't readily apparent on the surface, and I think there's a better way we can get around this if it's just for a small sub-classification of clothing.

Can you all do me a favor though? List item types that would normally go in the 'torso' slot but should cover both the trunk and pelvis locations?

For example:
Dress
Gown
Sarong (when not worn as a skirt)

Tunics (when described as knee-length)

Tabards and aprons.

robes
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Dress, gown, knee-length tunic, kalasiri, sarong, tabard, apron, smock, shift, frock, wrap, jumper, caftan, sari, jellabiya, djellabiya
etwo wood
kill booty

Thobe
etwo wood
kill booty

bisht
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

jubbe
over-robe
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

The about location (cloaks and stuff) is a different matter. Let's stick to just things that go in the torso location (like dresses and shirts and stuff),

I can think of at least one cuirass that is described as hanging to mid-thigh, if I remember correctly. Would that be something that should cover the pelvis?

I'll check its desc and bug it tonight if so.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on January 31, 2017, 05:22:23 PM
I can think of at least one cuirass that is described as hanging to mid-thigh, if I remember correctly. Would that be something that should cover the pelvis?

I'll check its desc and bug it tonight if so.

For right now I'm just trying to get a generic list of what types of clothing (normally) would need a fix for this. If we can get something worked out that's modular, then we can look into specific one off cases.

While we're at it, how about items that should cover leg scars/tattoos and shoulder scars/tattoos?

And boots that should cover ankle tattoos?

>flee self