Need Help

Started by FattyWomp, January 29, 2017, 01:08:58 PM

Ok so long story short I fell off the Shield Wall and lived.  Then climbed up to a cavern and once I got into the cavern I got stuck and couldn't get back out.  Now my torch is gone and Im pretty much stuck in the dark  and can't get out.  What should I do?

I don't know if I'm even allowed to ask about current situations happening right now in the game but I can't figure out how to get the player helper page to work. 

I was once in a similar situation and a helpful staff member gave me a torch. Do this

wish all <insert the explanation of your situation and a request to be bailed out>

Type this:

wish all Good afternoon, staff!  I'm a new player trapped in a cave in the dark with no torch.  Just thought you'd like to know.

Then click this link (https://chatserver5.comm100.com/chatwindow.aspx?planId=124&siteId=23113&pageTitle=ArmageddonMUD%20Home%20Page&pageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.armageddon.org%2F&newurl=1&r=8&embInv=0&dirChat=0&guid=&chatGroup=
) while waiting for the grue.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Yeah, Staff can be pretty helpful and understanding in situations like this. I'm -not- a new player, and had a situation similar recently, staff bailed me out despite my attempts at nearly sabotaging myself even further after 'Finding' the fresh torch.
Also, falling off the shield wall...are you auditioning for the Byn or something?  ;D
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Definately Byn material if you survive that.

I haven't applied for the Byn yet... I was exploring and walked over the edge. 

What if they send me a torch and I still can't find my way out before the new torch goes out too? That's what happened last time because I'm so lost in these caverns.  Do I wish up to them again,  I'm sure they're gonna get tired of me asking for torches.  Can anyone tell me the general direction of the exit to the cavern inside the shield wall so I don't waste another touch?  If not thats cool. 

No, we can't.  This is sort of a welcome to Armageddon moment.  Falling off cliffs and getting lost in caverns generally doesn't end well.  Have fun exploring and learn from it!

For the record, it's not generally kosher to share information like this on the GBD, or by any other OOC means.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

January 29, 2017, 02:48:22 PM #7 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:33:24 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Ok sorry for sharing too much info but thanks for the help... I appreciate it

Mmhh. This is a real pain when it happens. I've wished up for a torch before, emoted crafting it out of a corpse. The problem here is you could be going further and further into the cave system, and the odds of dying in there of thirst are really high.

What you need to do is start mapping the area so you make sure you don't keep going in circles. A piece of graph-paper and some notations for what seems like landmarks or odd areas, while mapping out each and every room you go into(and the adjacent rooms).

Good luck, if you aren't already dead. Next time if you start out with mapping, it's impossible to get lost.

This thread brings back some memories...
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on January 30, 2017, 08:23:33 AM
This thread brings back some memories...

Oh how it does.

Just like in real life, exploring has risks.  You will lose characters this way, they will die, likely miserable and screaming in agony.  Staff may bail you out, or they may just go, Welcome to Armageddon!  Either way, you learn from it and you move on.  Welcome, and I hope you have fun. 

Some tips for you: Make some friends in-game, go join the Byn, and realize, the outdoors is risky and extremely dangerous.  My very first character got in with an independent group and I learned a lot about the game, especially how to survive.  I still utilize what I learned then to this day.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Haha.

I know it's not that funny to you, but we've all been there and can kind of laugh at it.  As noted, someone will likely help you due to your status as a new player, if you ask for it.

But it should be noted for future knowledge and care; You should be afraid of people in the city, and afraid of the game in the wilds (and other players to a lesser degree).  Not to the point of avoiding roleplay, by any means, but remember that the game itself wants you dead.  There are traps, bad beasties, and sudden pitfalls.  Explore carefully.  Feel the fear.  Embrace it.

Welcome to Armageddon. :)
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

If you /DO/ survive I advise telling whatever Byn sergeant you talk to that you survived falling off the wall.

They're obligated to let you in at that point.

Haha.  Yeah it was a lesson alright... I actually survived and made it out in my own only to die of starvation a few minutes later.  But I expected to lose a few characters in the beginning anyway so it's all good.

Quote from: Jihelu on January 31, 2017, 01:26:59 PM
If you /DO/ survive I advise telling whatever Byn sergeant you talk to that you survived falling off the wall.

God I love the 'Byn jokes and 'Byn stories.

Mostly cause this is probably true.  And any 'Byn Sergeant that won't let them in...should be haunted by Boomen Lock.   ;)
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Ive seen runners survive things no normal human could in the Byn. Dont even get me started on that one asshole who always uses bash to win the spar we all have every now and then.

Quote from: Hauwke on February 01, 2017, 12:39:02 AM
Ive seen runners survive things no normal human could in the Byn. Dont even get me started on that one asshole who always uses bash to win the spar we all have every now and then.
Winning is winning.

Quote from: Jihelu on January 31, 2017, 01:26:59 PM

This is so damn true.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Quote from: Hauwke on February 01, 2017, 12:39:02 AM
Mad cos bad ;) Elven height trumps dwarven strength anyday
yousuck

Half giant warrior master race.

This is great.  Welcome to Armageddon.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Pretty sure all of us have had a Shield Wall moment, a Carru moment and both of them combined at the same time. Welcome to Armageddon!
A staff member sends:
     "The mind you have reached is currently unavailable.  Please try again later."

Carru'd off the shield wall into a horde of gith with nothing but your skinnin' knife.

Quote from: Hauwke on February 26, 2017, 07:42:48 PM
Carru'd off the shield wall into a horde of gith with nothing but your skinnin' knife.
That's actually how you get promoted in the Byn.