Ideas Thread

Started by Cind, January 24, 2017, 11:14:45 PM

I really, really, really, really want to be a part of a thief, assassin, mugger or raider's story right now. I want to either be a notch on their belt (I usually play pretty transient people) or barely escape with my life or be forced to pay a toll to leave unharmed.

I want to work for a noble who occasionally has to find ways to get rid of a dead hooker in their possession. From my experience most not-busy-every-moment nobles tend to be peaktime-heavy and that's an unreliable time for me. A Templar would work too, they tend to play at times other than peak as well as peak, but they are exempt from the laws of the city so there isn't that thrill from the potential to be caught.

Rare, but acceptable colors and hair textures. For example, ebon-black skin, grey skin (which I did once, and which at the time I didn't consider a mutation, but now am on the fence about if it is), blood-red hair, the various kinds of blonde and orange hair that are specific such as red-tinged blonde and orange-blonde. Heterochromia, being born with two different eye colors. Or both eyes are brown, but a third of one eye is green, this also happens, but may be considered a mild mutation in the game.

Soft black, stark black, the night-haired woman, the drov-haired man. Using 'preferable' words in your sdesc: blood, moon, rose, sand, dune, desert, obsidian.

Unremarkable mutations: a man who can't grow facial hair, a woman born without their left hand (be warned before doing this one: I tried this, some employers won't take you for a martial occupation with one hand), a woman born without their right pinkie.

Something truly horrific: hooves for feet. I still remember the horned, tailed elf who was red and black all over and got a lot of negative attention. Starting in Allanak, surviving for a while with a few hostile social encounters, and then moving to Storm for your health, before they decide to lynch you for existing.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I want to unite the kingdoms under one Witch Queen as evil as she is beautiful. I want the land to be covered in magical trees, one might call it an enchanted forest. I want a land where people can be knights or princesses or cobblers who live in a shoe!

* Maybe I should stop binge watching Once Upon A Time?
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

January 25, 2017, 05:56:40 AM #2 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:32:53 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

A young, blind rukkian who can 'see' through vibrations along the ground, as long as she has physical contact with the earth.

:]

Wait, normal Rukkians can see?

Its a reference to Avatar the last airbender.

Quote from: azuriolinist on March 04, 2017, 01:18:34 AM
A young, blind rukkian who can 'see' through vibrations along the ground, as long as she has physical contact with the earth.

:]

I see what you did there. :P

I want to play a subterranean race which burrow up in the  Vrun Draith and scare the fuck out of everybody. We eat fungus, meat, etc, drink water and blood, and cannot exist in krath-light.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

About five years ago or so there was a rukkian who walked around barefoot in order to have a connection with the earth.

There was a rinthi water witch also who started out gemmed and not going into the rinth, having been banned by her family.

One dwarf some years back had a kank tattoo on his forehead, he implied that it was his goal to find them, or something to do with kanks. It could have been something really mundane, like collect 100 pieces of kank armor. You could have a focus that you imply, but the actuality is much more boring than it appears.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded