Author Topic: The current Prez  (Read 32409 times)

BadSkeelz

Re: The current Prez
« Reply #1050 on: May 16, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »
A thread about "The current Prez" should be about the current prez.  Please keep posts on topic and respectful.

Uhh. The Seth Rich thing is dealing with politics that has clear ties to the presidency. Why would that be considered off topic?

Because I hadn't had a chance to tie it to President Trump yet.

Dan was claiming that the Washington Post #blabbergate scandal was a Podesta-run distraction from the "Breaking" Seth Rich story. I think the opposite is more likely to be true: that Seth Rich is a fake news distraction made in Trump's favor.

The private detective who speculated the DNC was behind Mr Rich's murder, and the businessman who recommended and hired him to the family, are both Trump supporters with ties to Breitbart and Fox News.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/dnc-staffer-s-murder-draws-fresh-conspiracy-theories-n760186

You have to make a lot more assumptions for "Seth Rich was murdered by DNC hit squads who have gone undetected" to be true than "Seth Rich's murder has been politicized by right-wing conspiracy theorists."
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #1051 on: May 16, 2017, 06:10:26 PM »
It's still 100% relevant to the topic. Unless this thread is literally only suppose to pertain to things Trump does. Then about 80% of the posts are off topic.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #1052 on: May 16, 2017, 06:13:13 PM »
I'm agreeing with you, if that wasn't clear. I thought Dan's posts on the subject were valid, even if I thought his reasoning was wrong.

I'd rather have this thread be all things American political so we don't have to see this shit elsewhere on the forums. Deleting posts (especially posts that run counter to the general mood of the forum without being completely disrespectful) is not conducive to good discussion or possible education..

Note: I don't believe anyone can actually be dissuaded from believing what they believe by others, ever.
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #1053 on: May 16, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »
Oh, I see. But yeah, there's a ton of weird speculation and mental gymnastics going on with the various conspiracies on either side. It's actually repulsive to go into a forum dedicated to dems or repubs right now. Incredibly polarized, biased, ridiculous shit-slinging that distracts from real issues either side has.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #1054 on: May 16, 2017, 06:18:57 PM »
I'd wager that's the whole point of conspiracy theories (at least by their calculating originators) and overt politicization in general: you get the crowd wound up or diving down a rabbit hole, they're less likely to pay attention to the guy fucking them in the ass.

also, relevant:

Yam

« Reply #1055 on: May 16, 2017, 07:07:21 PM »
A thread about "The current Prez" should be about the current prez.  Please keep posts on topic and respectful.

Would you please stop doing this? From what I saw of the posts before you deleted them they were on topic, respectful, and not in violation of the rules. It really looks like you're just singling out Dan because you have a problem with his (kooky) opinions. You're disrupting the thread far more than any of the posts you're removing.

Yam

« Reply #1056 on: May 16, 2017, 07:10:33 PM »
Also Nessalin is now a confirmed member of the Reptilian Illuminati.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #1057 on: May 16, 2017, 08:02:10 PM »
"Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Sayyadina

« Reply #1058 on: May 16, 2017, 10:14:33 PM »
"Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

But but but Obama saluted with a latte in his hand once!

In other news even the spineless congressional GOP protectors of Trump are now doing more than nothing about Trump's obvious unfitness for office.
“No more should you doubt this, my prince – my sisters and I shall not wait ten-and-seven years for our vengeance.”

--Lady Nymeria Sand, A Feast for Crows

Sayyadina

« Reply #1059 on: May 17, 2017, 06:22:53 PM »
Rut roh! Former FBI director Bob Mueller has been appointed special counsel to investigate the fake news of the "Trump Russia thing."

“No more should you doubt this, my prince – my sisters and I shall not wait ten-and-seven years for our vengeance.”

montarion

« Reply #1060 on: May 17, 2017, 08:26:02 PM »
I'd bet money that the GOP is gearing up to dump Trump. They'll try and clear out the cabinet picks they don't like too with indictments and shit (pardons to follow in most cases of course) and then just slide on in more Party-liners.

I guess President Pence is less dangerous on a geopolitical scale, but I shudder to think what they'll do to public education.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #1061 on: May 17, 2017, 09:33:28 PM »
I dunno.  If there's anything we should have learned it's to not bet against Trump.

The problem is it's not so simple to just dump Trump.  They're in too deep.  As a party, they would forfeit basically all political clout in DC and the support of a significant portion of their base.  It will not be clean and they will not be able to save face by having finally "done the right thing", because they're already complicit.  The Dems will remind everyone at every opportunity that the GOP nominated and voted in a traitor to the presidency and then spent 5 months (Jesus, that's all?) covering for him.

The thing to look for is when the Trump voters start showing signs of deserting him en masse.  The polls will need to drop like below 25% favorability.  When the political calculus shows that dumping Trump will lead to a higher chance of congressmen getting reelected, he'll be out so fast there will be orange skid marks on Pennsylvania Avenue.

But while most the Trumpets still just shrug and go back to watching FOX news, nothing will really happen.

Yam

« Reply #1062 on: May 18, 2017, 12:12:02 PM »
They got Roger Ailes too. God damn you Soros, you Hungarian devil!

BadSkeelz

« Reply #1063 on: May 18, 2017, 02:22:25 PM »
Chalk up another one.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jason-chaffetz-expected-announce-early-161712334.html

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, is expected to announce that he's leaving office before the end of his congressional term, Politico reported Thursday.

Sources told Politico that Chaffetz will likely resign from office on June 30.

As easy a target as he is, I don't think there's actual collusion between Trump the individual and Russia. There seems to be a lot between his cronies and Russia, but I don't think the man himself has much of a clue. If he does get impeached it will be because he blunders in to obstruction of justice or something along those lines.

I think the Dems need to start seriously talking about what their "Post-Trump" platform is going to be, just in case we suddenly find ourselves in a "Post-Trump America". What's the infrastructure plan? How are they going to reform our schools to be more efficient and less costly? How are we going to reduce crime without incarcerating everyone (Which doesn't actually reduce crime)? How are we going to make healthcare work for all Americans?

You don't want to be caught in the same situation as the Republicans are now, where they finally get power after years of bagging and obstruction and Whoops! turns out they have no idea what they fuck they're doing except how to repeal regulations and tank their constituents' healthcare.

Sayyadina

« Reply #1064 on: May 18, 2017, 04:05:15 PM »
They got Roger Ailes too. God damn you Soros, you Hungarian devil!

Ailes is forcing women to perform oral sex on him and scaring white people to vote for unqualified presidential candidates in Heaven, now.

Yam

« Reply #1065 on: May 19, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
A little over the top.

Sayyadina

« Reply #1066 on: May 19, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »
A little over the top.

You're right, and I sincerely apologize.

There is no such thing as Heaven or an afterlife, it's all made up.

Dan

« Reply #1067 on: May 19, 2017, 10:49:17 PM »
I'm glad to see we are solidly back on topic after my three day ban.

Trump is going on a Middle East tour, expect many blunders and irreparable damage to relations with our many friends and allies in the region.  Rumors of a third ice cream scoop are circulating, but insofar are unconfirmed, I will try to get reputable sources to confirm one way or another.  Roger Ailes died surrounded by friends and family, not that he deserved it.  Unlike Seth Rich, shot in the back in the early morning hours alone and probably quite afraid as he bled out and died.

In other news, Trump impeachment will happen any day now, I can feel it.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #1068 on: May 19, 2017, 10:59:01 PM »
"Trump cancelling his visit to Masada because the IAF wouldn't let him land his helicopter on it" is a pretty funny headline, you have to admit.

Also Seth died while under medical care so he technically wasn't alone. That story has more holes in it than his head.

Yam

« Reply #1069 on: May 20, 2017, 06:40:59 AM »
I'm glad to see we are solidly back on topic after my three day ban.

Trump is going on a Middle East tour, expect many blunders and irreparable damage to relations with our many friends and allies in the region.  Rumors of a third ice cream scoop are circulating, but insofar are unconfirmed, I will try to get reputable sources to confirm one way or another.  Roger Ailes died surrounded by friends and family, not that he deserved it.  Unlike Seth Rich, shot in the back in the early morning hours alone and probably quite afraid as he bled out and died.

In other news, Trump impeachment will happen any day now, I can feel it.

You're gonna get Seth Riched in this thread.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #1070 on: May 20, 2017, 09:23:46 PM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/15/donald-trump-fake-news-238379

White House chief of staff Reince Priebus issued a stern warning at a recent senior staff meeting: Quit trying to secretly slip stuff to President Donald Trump.

Just days earlier, K.T. McFarland, the deputy national security adviser, had given Trump a printout of two Time magazine covers. One, supposedly from the 1970s, warned of a coming ice age; the other, from 2008, about surviving global warming, according to four White House officials familiar with the matter.

Trump quickly got lathered up about the media’s hypocrisy. But there was a problem. The 1970s cover was fake, part of an internet hoax that’s circulated for years. Staff chased down the truth and intervened before Trump tweeted or talked publicly about it.

It's a good thing that "Swayed by the last person he talked to" Trump scheduled Saudi Arabia as his first stop on his trip instead of the last. He might come back and institute sharia law otherwise.

Yam

« Reply #1071 on: May 24, 2017, 06:17:42 AM »
Not sure what to say with this. Enjoy the video. I know I did.

boog

« Reply #1072 on: May 24, 2017, 04:51:03 PM »
Watching our president meet with any foreign leader (except for the Saudis, weirdly enough) has been so painfully awkward to watch.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #1073 on: May 24, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »
You're surprised he got along well with a wealthy, authoritarian dictator who runs his country on religious pretexts?

boog

« Reply #1074 on: May 24, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »
Well, no. But I felt like their hypermasculinity and you know, MUSLIMNESS would dwarf him. He looked like as much of a chimp as ever.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.