Author Topic: The current Prez  (Read 13876 times)

Yam

The current Prez
« on: January 20, 2017, 08:37:27 PM »
So apparently we don't have any ambassadors right now?

BadSkeelz

Re: The current Prez
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:45:46 PM »
What, did they defect?

Most Ambassadors are just political appointees rewarded with paid-for sex vacations. As long as the actual State Department officials are still on the job I'm not too worried.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

MeTekillot

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »
I am becoming more disillusioned watching people whose views I agree with utilizing the same exact propaganda and ad hominem as the people I disagree with.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

WithSprinkles

Memento Vivere -- Remember that you must live.
Memento Mori -- Remember you have to die.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 09:37:33 PM »
Thanks Sprinkles.

Seems like a lot of hot air and politicizing. Obama did the same thing in 08

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2008/12/obama-gives-political-ambassad.html

Maybe he just hates ambassadors (rip steves sorry Hillary clinton bombed u).
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Lizzie

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 11:09:33 PM »
Thanks Sprinkles.

Seems like a lot of hot air and politicizing. Obama did the same thing in 08

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2008/12/obama-gives-political-ambassad.html

Maybe he just hates ambassadors (rip steves sorry Hillary clinton bombed u).

It's not that the Ambassadors were called home. Calling on appointed Ambassadors to vacate and come home by the Inauguration date is common. It's how long they were given to pack up and move out.  Reports of Obama's notice came on December 3, 2008 for "earlier this week." So it would've been either December 1 or 2, since the 3rd was a Wednesday. That gave Ambassadors seven weeks notice. It's not a whole lot of time to give someone who has to pack an entire household, arrange plane tickets, take your kids out of school, and give your entire staff notice that they're about to be out of work, and fly back to the USA and set up housekeeping back home. But it's still amost two months. Trump gave the directive December 23. Less than a month notice.

He's also just executive-ordered some people out of being able to afford to buy a new home this year. The FHUD rate was scheduled to be reduced this month and he repealed the reduction.

He's also selected a woman who has zero experience in public education - not as a student, or a mother of a student, or as a teacher, or administrator - to be in charge of the education of our country's children. The same woman whose brother is the founder of Blackwater - the agency responsible for firing into a crowd of civilians in Iraq, leading into further destabilization of that country. The same woman who sincerely believes that there should be guns in schools to defend against grizzly bears.

His pick for the guy in charge of our nation's money? A man who was neck-deep in one of the worst bank scandals this country has ever experienced, that helped push our country into a recession almost as bad as the Depression.

It's as though our new president is TRYING to ruin our country. It is as though he WANTS people to suffer, and is doing everything he is authorized to do, to ensure that it happens. It's almost as if he is really working hard to make America an embarrassment, a black stain on the global map and on world history. He wants to say "Yes, our country is young - therefore immature - and therefore I need to be an immature leader. So here I am, neener neener."
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Yam

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 11:43:18 PM »
I can hear the ringing of your hand wringing.

Not that you're wrong.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 11:43:33 PM »
I suspect that, at the very least, he's trying to ruin faith in the Federal Government.

Calexit 2017!

To be completely fair I want people to suffer too. Especially his voters. Human beings are consequence-driven animals and it's time folks had some fucking consequences laid on them for allowing this idiocy.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 02:21:35 AM »
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Molten Heart

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 03:36:52 AM »
I am becoming more disillusioned watching people whose views I agree with utilizing the same exact propaganda and ad hominem as the people I disagree with.

It seems people are kind of the same.

Patuk

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 10:56:13 AM »
I suspect that, at the very least, he's trying to ruin faith in the Federal Government.

Calexit 2017!

To be completely fair I want people to suffer too. Especially his voters. Human beings are consequence-driven animals and it's time folks had some fucking consequences laid on them for allowing this idiocy.

How many people do you sincerely expect to recall voting for Trump within the next few years?
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Delirium

• Helper
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

Lizzie

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 12:34:19 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/20/us/politics/donald-trump-inauguration-speech-transcript.html

Copied and pasted text of the website to a flash drive. Because I don't trust the new regime to safeguard freedom of the press and worry they'll make the Times delete it.

Good luck to us all, comrades.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Malken

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 12:41:13 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/20/us/politics/donald-trump-inauguration-speech-transcript.html

Copied and pasted text of the website to a flash drive. Because I don't trust the new regime to safeguard freedom of the press and worry they'll make the Times delete it.

Good luck to us all, comrades.

There's this thing called archive.org - you can't 'delete' stuff from the internet.
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

Yam

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 04:25:45 PM »
Baby boomers.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 04:27:33 PM »
tbh, as the President of the United States understands the internet, you can just call Bill Gates or the Zuck and have them delete something for you.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Is Friday

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »
The wife went to the march in Portland. She said it was cool and pussy hats were everywhere.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 10:50:23 PM »
In spite of readily available evidence to contest his bullshit, the President of the United States says upwards of a million people attended his inauguration, and that it was the most viewed ever.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 11:19:11 PM »
Los Angeles was insane today. Between 500,000 and 750,000 people when organizers were estimating 80,000. Cops were courteous and cool and the LAPD twitter account is reporting that no arrests were made.

Reiloth

• Corpse Pose: B&W Film Photography
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 11:23:16 PM »
Los Angeles was insane today. Between 500,000 and 750,000 people when organizers were estimating 80,000. Cops were courteous and cool and the LAPD twitter account is reporting that no arrests were made.

While I wasn't there, all of my lady friends were. My wife and I had to go to a baby shower. But I donated to Planned Parenthood in honor of it.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

boog

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 02:33:09 AM »
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Yam

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 03:34:05 AM »
In spite of readily available evidence to contest his bullshit, the President of the United States says upwards of a million people attended his inauguration, and that it was the most viewed ever.

I'm not sure if it's more funny or sad that Trump's outrageous statement smokescreen strategy hasn't stopped working. I don't wanna get all wake up sheeple but holy shit Trump can play the media.

lordcooper

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Morrolan

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 02:02:03 AM »
I heard a rumour that CNN has made the editorial decision not to carry White House pressers live or complete. They need time to fact check.

Good for them.

"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Marauder Moe

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 10:33:01 PM »
"American carnage" is exactly what these first few days have felt like.  Trump thinks of himself as a builder, a creater, but so far he's done nothing but destroy.  Remove mortgage support for low-income families, cut arts funding, slash science funding, hack away at healthcare, and freeze federal hiring and pay raises.  There's no building.  There's no job creation.  There's not even TALK about anything constructive, just more fucking whining about the media and lying about crowd sizes, CIA feud, and popular vote results.

It's like watching a rabid hyena tear bloody chunks out of a living buffalo who is still standing but too tired and wounded to fight back.