Permission Denied?

Started by Kankfly, January 20, 2017, 05:39:49 AM

Heyyyy, you computer savvy people!

So I thought I might try getting back into the game again. Unfortunately, it seems like my mush client doesn't like me. Instead of seeing the familiar mantis head, I'm seeing this:

Unable to connect to "armageddon.org", code = 10013 (Permission denied)

I've checked mudconnect's 'check connection' and it works fine. It just doesn't work on my client.

I did try a couple of things, but they didn't work, so I wanted to know if you guys ever encountered a similar situation. If you did, how did you fix it?
I ruin immershunz.

First things first, have you got the correct address entered into the things as well as the correct port. I find thats where I mess it up a little.

Quote from: Hauwke on January 20, 2017, 05:44:51 AM
First things first, have you got the correct address entered into the things as well as the correct port. I find thats where I mess it up a little.

I do! I double checked. No mantis head. :[
I ruin immershunz.

It may or may not be caused by your firewall, according to this thread: https://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbsubject_id=10492. Check your firewall settings, maybe.

Have you tried using quick connect to see whether it's your plugins causing it?

It might be worth trying another free MUD client. Maybe the free ZMUD trial? I've never had any issues with it.

Thanks, guys!

I'll try another client and see how that works out. I did try the firewall thing, it didn't work. However, Fmud works for me. What other clients would you guys recommend? I'm so used to the mush client.
I ruin immershunz.

I hope that your problem has been fixed, but if it hasn't, are you using any plugins?  I know some of them have the wrong address when you try to connect to the game, and cause issues!  At least, they did for me...
How about a scavenger hunt?