Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

My bashes are usually literal shoves for brawnier guys or leg sweeps for the more nimble folk.

Kicks are generally kicks though, using the kick command means you kick to me.

I will randomize my kicks between kicks or a knee to the gut or something similar. I dislike NOT emoting something in combat.

People who dont emote during combat bug me, those who emote very poorly bug me even more.

Question about the new "cure" helpfile

Cure                                                          (Miscellaneous)

Cures in Zalanthas come in many forms.  The most prevalent are mashes,
tablets, and vials.  Each has their own properties.

Mashes are made by combining herbs, which can then be consumed immediately.

Tablets can be crafted directly from a mash with the same curative
properties and then eaten later.

Does this mean that our Mashes will decompose and go away like the food code works now?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

-Fixed bug that allowed dyeing of food items if the order of the food and dye items were in correct order.

So...no green hawk eggs and chalton for us, Sam.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Quote from: WanderingOoze on February 13, 2017, 01:56:32 PM
-Fixed bug that allowed dyeing of food items if the order of the food and dye items were in correct order.

Yeah, I'm all for dying food! I know it was a bug, but can we get it turned into a feature? Cooking is a fun skill that adds a lot to a character imo, and I'm sure nobles would love to have bread baked in their house colors for parties!
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on February 13, 2017, 02:10:15 PM
Quote from: WanderingOoze on February 13, 2017, 01:56:32 PM

Yeah, I'm all for dying food! I know it was a bug, but can we get it turned into a feature? Cooking is a fun skill that adds a lot to a character imo, and I'm sure nobles would love to have bread baked in their house colors for parties!

Yeah, that would be pretty fun.

Also, it would be kind of cool to be able to colorize according
to what seasonings were used. Like if you were having thing,
and one person wanted *certain seasoning* but another didn't
much care for that particular flavor, and wanted *other seasoning* instead on their steak. Oh, alright. All the -red- steaks are *this* and the -blue- steaks are *other*.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Yeah but then you have blue steak to serve your buddies. Thats going to get you some wierd looks the first few times you pull that trick.

Being able to color your food is an interesting idea - but not with the kind of dye you would use on wood or cloth, and not with the dyeing skill.  Interesting idea to use with the cooking skill later, maybe.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Quote from: nessalin on February 13, 2017, 04:01:08 PM
Being able to color your food is an interesting idea - but not with the kind of dye you would use on wood or cloth, and not with the dyeing skill.  Interesting idea to use with the cooking skill later, maybe.

I get the "not with the dyeing skill" part, but why not with the dye you use on wood or cloth? Those packets are made by crushing herbs and flowers, many of which end up in seasonings, flavorants for booze, or even consumed as is.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Some dyes are made from rocks.

February 13, 2017, 05:36:41 PM #162 Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:38:52 PM by Akaramu
Quote from: Lizzie on February 13, 2017, 05:21:04 PM
I get the "not with the dyeing skill" part, but why not with the dye you use on wood or cloth? Those packets are made by crushing herbs and flowers, many of which end up in seasonings, flavorants for booze, or even consumed as is.

I always assumed that the finished dyes include other, virtual ingredients that don't go well with food. The dye packets even have 'bitter' in their sdesc, I have a feeling they'd be at least slightly poisonous.

Actually, I think many crafting recipes - not just dyes - include virtual ingredients. Like... tanning.

I for one would be OK with dying food with current dyes if they delivered negative taste messages or even poisoned the eater. These are vanity items for characters with more time and money than sense, after all. Let the plebs worry about a simple case of poisoning!

I believe we already have some precedent with this with Gypsy Pepper Belly syndrome.

Cooking is a skill I love because every character gets it, and I use it almost every time I log into the game. I get why they don't want people putting clothes dye in food, but I also think coloring food would be cool.

I would be willing to help make this happen, if they need recipes and items for food coloring I could write descriptions and such. Would be cool if the dyes were made by brewing and used in cooking, but that's not really my call.
3/21/16 Never Forget

lol, blue steak? no thanks. That's a little too much WoW in my armageddon.

I wonder if scrab steaks are yellow after cooking.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 13, 2017, 08:36:03 PM
I wonder if scrab steaks are yellow after cooking.

I think they are when you burn them...so maybe?  Less I'm wrong.   :D
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Red food coloring comes from ground up beetles.

True fact.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote- The unhitch command will now take the argument 'all', unhitching all mounts your character has hitched to them.

Awesome!

Could this include unhitching all followers (excluding those shadowing)?

Unhitch all is a great idea, especially if you picked up a spare and didn't title it.

But a player-initiated fix to this would be: TITLE YOUR MOUNTS AND USE THOSE TITLES.
unitch dinner/hitch lunch/unhitch shitbug/hitch stankbutt

does unhitch all?  Unhitch all the players following you too?  Please oh please?
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on July 10, 2017, 08:50:28 AM
does unhitch all?  Unhitch all the players following you too?  Please oh please?

I'd like a "disband" command to - well - disband your group when you're the leader. It's old-school H&S but it works.

FINALLY.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.