Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:44:23 AM by nessalin
January 16th, 2017 release notes

I'm real interested to see the tablet/vial workup change. The color addition was quite a while ago, and this looks like its really going to make things "easier" to deal with. Now if only we knew what half the cures did!

Also, dyeing for items! While I know I still can't wear my hot pink and purple scrab shell, this is also great!

Keep up the excellent work, coders! Really good stuff!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I'm really excited to see where this goes. Like with other crafting?

For instance, craft a bone saber and a diamond ... You set a diamond in the pommel of a bone saber.

>look saber
A diamond-set bone saber has a diamond set in the pommel.

Fuck yeah.

That is all.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

It sure SOUNDS like recipes will have maybe a dynamic slot in them... so particular swords COULD accept a "gemstone" type and be a "diamond-pommelled sword" or a "sapphire-pommelled sword". Which would be rockstar in itself.

But to add it to other crafts, or have someone say "I want to be dressed in White and Gold for this event" and someone being able to ACTUALLY make white and gold and trim and everything without needing to know the recipe for that one dress... oh man.

Is there still no way to dye something brown?  Brown has always been so underrepresented.

Really, if you are using colours/dyes that don't mix to create another shade, it's more likely that they'll be making brown than grey. 

I think these changes are pretty great though and despite my nitpicking above, I look forward to seeing the changes in game. :)

There's brown dye in game. I forget where to get it, though.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

Kagor race added.

Karma level 7, I assume?  Still not as codedly OP as Vestric.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

CRAFTING =

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Krath-damned sand badgers.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I'm confused about the archery change.  Is that still a skill?  Or will there be four new skills in its place?
Where it will go

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on January 16, 2017, 01:05:52 PM
I'm confused about the archery change.  Is that still a skill?  Or will there be four new skills in its place?

The archery skill exists as it did before.

We have added 3 new skills
  crossbow use
  sling use
  blowgun use
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Meaning (I assume) that learning to shoot a bow has -less- bearing on learning how to shoot a crossbow. Archery skill is over all of them, but if you learn how to shoot with a slingshot, you won't have as much skill as if you learned to shoot with a bow.

Which I like.

If not. Boo.

Cool, thanks.  I'm psyched about blowguns and poisoned darts.   8) 8)
Where it will go

Quote from: Riev on January 16, 2017, 01:08:41 PM
Meaning (I assume) that learning to shoot a bow has -nearly- no bearing on learning how to shoot a crossbow. Archery skill is over all of them, but if you learn how to shoot with a slingshot, you won't have as much skill as if you learned to shoot with a bow.

Which I like.

If not. Boo.

He just said there are 3 new skills.  Archery is shooting a bow.
Where it will go

Ooh, even better.

Yeah, I'm digging it.  I hope crossbows are legit at close range, now.
Where it will go

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on January 16, 2017, 01:13:29 PM
Yeah, I'm digging it.  I hope crossbows are legit at close range, now.

At LEAST with no lag after shooting, you can pop someone and take off if need be. Or Shoot and Drop, pull out three more hand crossbows and go on a rampage ;)

Awesome changes!  Thank you for the work!

Question on this:
-The DB and items saved into the game have been updated for shootable weapons and their ammo.  Items on your characters have not.  If your shootable weapon or its ammo are not working correctly wish up for a new version of the item(s)

1. If I have a quiver with a bunch of arrows in them over my shoulder, should I assume these will not work?

2. Can I just leave the quiver in the room and type 'save' to get them to reset instead of wishing up?  Or is wishing up the only route?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Items (bows/slings/crossbows/bolts/arrows/sling bullets) should all be updating as they go along. If you notice anything odd, wish up and we'll take a look.

Are the new Archery, sling use ect. skills hidden or will they be on our skill list?
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: Feco on January 16, 2017, 11:23:37 AM
Krath-damned sand badgers.

So what if you're 8x his size and likely to kill him in a single hit?  Sand badger don't care.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

I thought that kagor page already existed?

Quote from: BadSkeelz on January 16, 2017, 05:18:36 PM
I thought that kagor page already existed?

Me too.  I think for those of us that aren't city dwellers we see them frequently anyway.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I think maybe they weren't a coded separate race before.

Will different guilds/sub guilds have access to different strains of archery? I.E., bounty hunter gets crossbow, burglar sling, etc.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~