Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

Would like to see NPC soldiers all have "soldier" be the default noun when they're wearing helmets/helms that cover their faces. I believe this is specific to one particular helmet which I "idea'd" already in game.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on May 12, 2020, 08:59:17 AM
Would like to see NPC soldiers all have "soldier" be the default noun when they're wearing helmets/helms that cover their faces. I believe this is specific to one particular helmet which I "idea'd" already in game.

Same with the ones that stand guard at clanned compounded, but as "guard".
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on May 12, 2020, 09:03:54 AM

Bug the NPCs, I would say. I found a Templar the other day who was only showing up as "the tall male in a helm" despite the code changes, and it might have had something to do with an outdated robe object.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on May 12, 2020, 09:14:15 AM
Quote from: Barsook on May 12, 2020, 09:03:54 AM

Bug the NPCs, I would say. I found a Templar the other day who was only showing up as "the tall male in a helm" despite the code changes, and it might have had something to do with an outdated robe object.

I actually think it's the helm - I've seen other NPCs wearing the same one and it obscures their sdesc.

Seeing a templar NPC not show up with a templar is actually due to their robe object, not the helm itself. So I was told. Please continue to bug them.

I'm wondering though if maybe the "chitin black helm" or whatever should be exempted from hiding the sdesc, simply because it seems to be really popular with NPCs.

May 12, 2020, 08:56:02 PM #1205 Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 09:06:10 PM by Harmless
Quote from: BadSkeelz on May 12, 2020, 08:20:04 PM

I'm wondering though if maybe the "chitin black helm" or whatever should be exempted from hiding the sdesc, simply because it seems to be really popular with NPCs.

seconded, and I would generally want more helms to have a visor/veil up by default
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I love this helmet change!

I used to complain in game that I have no idea what haircut the person has if they are wearing a helm.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

05/17/2020
        Luirs to soon follow with like-update.
        --Shabago
        QoL - Nak Tool shop updated! Missing tools now in place to tackle certain crafts
        --Shabago

Thank you!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

July 16, 2020, 10:58:22 AM #1208 Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 11:00:32 AM by triste
House Kasix mount breeding ranch has been de-virtualized.

Why are staff always tempting me to store my character with totally radical content like animal husbandry. I felt the same when carts got released.

Baaaaaaa.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

QuoteHouse Kasix mount breeding ranch has been de-virtualized

Quote from: cali on July 16, 2020, 12:18:46 PM

<Whythough.jpeg>

Possibly to add stuff to the game, perhaps to ease future reopening of Kassix? Wild speculation go
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

Quote from: zealus on July 16, 2020, 12:29:16 PM
Quote from: cali on July 16, 2020, 12:18:46 PM

<Whythough.jpeg>

Possibly to add stuff to the game, perhaps to ease future reopening of Kassix? Wild speculation go

Why though? This is why, too. People want it.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on May 11, 2020, 03:36:22 PM
Quote from: Riev on May 11, 2020, 02:30:40 PM
before the eventual "mount mating" code comes in.

And mount genetics.

I might want this too much.

And I know a bunch of peeps who agree and also have wanted more farming/beast domestication RP.

Poor elves are missing out though.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

If the following gets out to the general public, I might have to smack a bitch over it.

SQUEEEEEEEE!

The above never happened. Carry on.

i can't wait to breed a gold chocobo erdlu
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: triste on July 16, 2020, 12:37:22 PM

in b4 desert elf mount breeding ranch.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on July 16, 2020, 03:11:03 PM
Quote from: triste on July 16, 2020, 12:37:22 PM

in b4 desert elf mount breeding ranch.

Are desert elf mounts just other desert elves?

Take me to the ranch baby. Elfbutts.

😏

Don't worry, elves won't be left out.

Soon they will be getting access to elf-only torture devices, and some new serial killer NPCs that only attack elves will be added to the Rinth!    :P

Mount genetics, eh. Will we soon see an increase of mutated beetles and whatnot as all the closet zoophiles go and mudsex their mounts to add new breed variations to laugh at?
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

Behold, my daughter creation!

Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Ofcourse elves won't be left out. Who do you think will be raiding these ranches and scurrying away with the golden escrus

Quote from: Dar on July 17, 2020, 01:10:13 PM
Ofcourse elves won't be left out. Who do you think will be raiding these ranches and scurrying away with the golden escrus

Now that is a pragmatic and doc conforming mindset! [Still wish elves got more code love]

They got miscreants. Infallible stealth is plenty code love.

Quote from: Dar on July 17, 2020, 01:36:18 PM

They also have a salt-focused tribe, seems topical.

Well, what if an elf decided to focus on something that wasn't thievery?

I know, wild thought, isn't it?  ::)

July 17, 2020, 07:04:54 PM #1224 Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 10:41:47 PM by Dresan
Quote from: Dar on July 17, 2020, 01:36:18 PM

At this point even if city elves were given the ability to run like desert elves I doubt that it would make up for how much content in this game is denied to them.

I really feel the help file do not stress this enough, and new players go into the game thinking they are just going to be playing with a physically weak character.  Not realizing that even half-elves have much more play-ability in clans then elves do.

Miscreants are not that much more awesome on elves then they are human/half-elf who have all around better stats/bonuses plus the ability to ride and wear better gear which is often heavy on elves. I think even a dwarf would make a pretty awesome stalker/miscreant with enough gear but I've never tried yet. 

Combat is arguably better(?), depending on what side of the strength vs agility debate you land on and how much combat you intend to do with a miscreant.  Elves are better infiltrators then other races I suppose but stealth is still kinda crap on them too, not to mention almost every other skill is just as crap as anyone else .  :-\

Just to add:
The amount of problems city elves have is really not even limited to just code. I love elves but sadly I don't believe a city elf tribe it will address their issues.

I suspect if the staff open the Juxa Pah or something similar it'll quickly de-escalate to Red Fangs event. It'll just end up in a lot of pking. While fun, its not a long term solution for elves.

On the other hand something like the bejeweled hand is definitely not something I would join if I want to maximize my personal fun especially since two-moon d-elf clan is a slightly more interesting option already. But that is just my just my opinion and preference.