Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

Quote from: Knight of Knives on April 07, 2020, 07:03:52 PM
P.S. Delirium this always explained Tuluk:

Just photoedit this to have them all holding knives behind their backs and I think you've got it.

Looks kinda pointless to me. We already what they're proposing. Maybe the new progression will be interesting, or at least superficially different than "live longer than everyone else."

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 18, 2020, 12:08:27 AM
Looks kinda pointless to me. We already what they're proposing. Maybe the new progression will be interesting, or at least superficially different than "live longer than everyone else."

I haven't played in the Byn in a little while, but at least one thing I see changed is that Lieutenant Copper was like fucking 600 years old

Quote from: Aruven on April 18, 2020, 12:15:03 AM
I haven't played in the Byn in a little while, but at least one thing I see changed is that Lieutenant Copper was like fucking 600 years old

I mean, sorcery will do that to a person.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 18, 2020, 12:15:45 AM

Lol seriously. Lieutenant Copper was really Tektolnes in disguise/hiding.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

C'mon guys, she's not dead, she's just been promoted past the point of playability.

Congratulations to Copper's player for putting in all those years of work!

April 18, 2020, 02:35:52 PM #1182 Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 02:50:57 PM by Night Queen
Quote from: Krath on April 18, 2020, 12:31:25 PM

"̵̹̊Ƭ̶͕͆Ή̵̣̎Σ̴̞̓ ̵̰́Ƭ̶̯̎I̶̬͑M̷̺̂Σ̶̡͂ ̵̬̏Ή̵̛͍Λ̸̟̍Ƨ̸̣̎ ̴͙̎ᄃ̸̘̾Ө̶̗́M̷̹͌Σ̴͕̄,̴͖́"̶̠͊ ̵̖̐Ƭ̵̯̔Ή̶͉͘Σ̵̪̓ ̶̖̓Щ̵̙̒Λ̵͖̉ᄂ̷̭͂Я̸͚͛Ц̷̤̈́Ƨ̵̨̽ ̸̼̒Ƨ̵̠̆Λ̴͚̇Í̶̱Ḏ̴́,̶͍̈́
̶̨̌"̷̡̄Ƭ̶̜̓Ө̵̦̇ ̷̩̔Ƭ̸̰͠Λ̸̓ͅᄂ̶̛̟K̶͉̆ ̸̗̊Ө̷̢̽Ḟ̵̙ ̷̰̅M̴̻̍Λ̴̨̊П̴̞̏Y̴̱̑ ̸̍͜Ƭ̵̲̈Ή̸͖̽I̴̳̿П̷̤͋G̵͎͑Ƨ̴̩́:̴̺̇
̵̬̓Ө̷̛̫F̶̞̈ ̶̩͑Ƨ̸̲̉Ή̸̠̿Ө̷̪̓Σ̵̹̀Ƨ̷͖͒-̵̛̫-̷͉́Λ̴͉̒П̶̹̍D̴͇̈́ ̷̰̀Ƨ̷͓͠Ή̶̱̄Ȋ̶̲P̷͕͘Ƨ̸̗̿-̷̱̅-̷̹̑Λ̴̥̀П̶̹̈D̶͕͑ ̵̭̽Ƨ̵̩͒Σ̷̟̋Λ̵̼͝ᄂ̴̙̒I̵̩͌П̴̜͘G̴̬̉-̸̤͝Щ̶͈̆Λ̴̹̈́X̵͔̽-̶̼̅-̶̖͛
̴͚͛Ӫ̶̦F̶̭̒ ̷̬̈́ᄃ̷͖̈́Λ̶̛̯B̶̮̍B̴̹̓Λ̶̰̂G̷͙̓Σ̶̖͆Ƨ̸̘̈-̸̪̽-̵̳̚Λ̵͙̀П̶̼́D̷͇̈́ ̷͙͛K̵̮͒Ì̵͚П̷̥̉G̶̘͠Ƨ̴̼̅-̸̨͆-̶̭͛
̸͎̈́Λ̶͖̆П̴̻̅D̸͈̔ ̷͕͂Щ̷̙͗Ή̸̥̿Y̷̞̊ ̸͈̈́Ƭ̸̭̈Ή̵̲̀Σ̵̪̀ ̸̯̕Ƨ̷̪̓Σ̷̹͊Λ̴͓̆ ̶̝̉I̵͈̐Ƨ̵̠̂ ̸̳̕B̶̘̅Ө̷̻͋İ̸͔ᄂ̵̭͝Ȉ̵͖П̷̥͊G̷̼̈́ ̷̰́Ή̷͖̾Ө̷̿͜Ƭ̷̘̿-̴͍͊-̵̙͐
̴͑ͅΛ̷̻͛П̴͚̎Ḑ̶̐ ̵̝͘Щ̷̨̏Ή̴̱̄Σ̵͙́Ƭ̵͖͝Ή̵͓͆Σ̴̡̀Я̵̞͑ ̶̳͠P̴̰̽I̴͕̾G̴̀ͅƧ̵͓̌ ̸͚̌Ή̸̥̈́Λ̷̗̿V̴͚̈Σ̶̪͒ ̶͓̒Щ̴̻̌I̴̥̊П̵̞̄Ḡ̸̥Ƨ̸͕̔.̶͙̔"̵̻̍
̴̘͌
̸̲͠"̴͎̾B̸͔̅Ц̶̙͆Ƭ̴̛̲ ̵̧̎Щ̶̫̍Λ̴̧̚Ỉ̸̪Ƭ̷͍̋ ̷͖̕Λ̷̧͒ ̴͇̐B̸͍͆I̴̬͒Ƭ̵̳́,̶̥̀"̵͠ͅ ̸̢̓Ƭ̸̰͛Ή̸̼̂Σ̶̣͗ ̴̘̿Ө̶͎͛Ŷ̵̪Ƨ̵̝̄Ƭ̸̥̔Σ̵̲̅Я̴͉͆Ƨ̷̳͝ ̷͕̈ᄃ̵̢̿Я̴͉̈́I̵̟̿Σ̴̗̌D̵̯̉,̵̙͂
̷̗̄"̶͉͑B̵͚̄Σ̴̱̓F̵̛̗Ө̷̱͆Я̷͉̈Σ̴̛̬ ̷̬͝Щ̴̼͂Σ̵͂ͅ ̷̢̓Ή̶̧͠Λ̴̥̓V̴̧̇Σ̵͍͒ ̶̬̈Ӫ̸̳Ц̸̤̑Я̴̘̓ ̴̜͠ᄃ̴͈͛Ή̸͙̈́Λ̵̝̔Ƭ̸͈̏;̵̖͘
̶̼̓F̸̗͂Ө̷͖͑Я̵͉̚ ̶̝̊Ƨ̴̜̿Ө̴͊ͅM̵͕̕Σ̶̧̌ ̷̲̂Ө̵̩̚F̶̻̓ ̸̡̛Ц̴̙́Ƨ̶̧͘ ̷̹́Λ̵̹̿Я̶̫̅Σ̸͎̀ ̵͓̚Ө̷̛͈Ц̵̦̀Ƭ̴̘̏ ̴̝̎Ө̷̝͝F̵̛͇ ̷̻̾B̴̯̏Я̵͚̂Σ̸̣̊Λ̷̬̾Ƭ̷͇̒Ή̴̧͌,̴̩̓
̶͓̈Λ̵͌͜П̸͉͠D̷͙̿ ̷̫͛Λ̴̠̓ᄂ̸̜̃ᄂ̷̹̕ ̵̳̆Ө̸̮͗F̶̥͗ ̸̭͑Ц̷̂͜Ƨ̵̭̈́ ̴̳̅Λ̸̡̆Я̵̨͌Σ̷͍́ ̵̥͋F̸̻̚Λ̸̖̍Ƭ̶̭̎!̸̺̾"̶̟̈
̴̨̍"̷͉͊П̷̱́Ө̶͍̇ ̸͙̆Ή̸̯̔Ц̶̡͑Я̸̪̈́Я̸̓ͅŸ̸̧!̸̗̇"̸̬̈́ ̷̨̂Ƨ̸̯͘Λ̴̞̐I̸͚̋D̶͙͝ ̵͇̊Ƭ̴̻̕Ή̸̫̄Σ̶̯͝ ̸̞̈́ᄃ̵͈̋Λ̸̯̌Я̸̨̑P̷̝̈Σ̴͖̓П̶͘ͅƬ̸̫̒Σ̶̤̌Я̵͈̈́.̸̥̚
̵̹̍Ƭ̶͚͗Ή̵̡̋Σ̸́ͅÝ̷̲ ̵̗́Ƭ̸̝̀Ή̵͓̆Λ̴͇̚П̷̼̆K̷̨͌Σ̷̘̉D̶̡̏ ̸̨̂Ή̵̤́Į̵́Ḿ̸̪ ̵̗̚M̵̱͠Ц̴̫͌ᄃ̷̧͝Ή̶̧́ ̴͖̈F̸̯͊Ө̴̣́Я̴̺̔ ̵͕̈Ƭ̷̯̋Ή̸̮̒Λ̴͔̉Ƭ̸͎̄.̴̹̈́
̸͓̒
̸̻̓"̶͉̓Λ̸͚̑ ̸̮̆ᄂ̷̩̾Ө̸̣̒Λ̴̦̈F̴̗̊ ̵̜͝Ө̶͔͝F̵̅͜ ̷̪̈B̵̺̿Я̴̧̿Σ̸̦̈Λ̸̻̍D̴͇̎,̶̥͝"̴̗̒ ̷̙̑Ƭ̵̟͆Ή̶̡̓Σ̶̝́ ̵̘͋Щ̷̦͋Λ̵͍͑ᄂ̵̪̋Я̵̯̀Ц̸̳̏Ƨ̸͈̃ ̷̖̉Ƨ̸̫̂Λ̶̯́Į̷́D̸̠́,̵̛̟
̶͎̽"̴͇̆I̴̙͐Ƨ̷̩̚ ̸̟̊Щ̴̲̄Ή̸̹̌Λ̷̯̈́Ƭ̶̞̔ ̶̯̽Щ̶̳̅Σ̷̉ͅ ̵̠̔ᄃ̵̠̈́Ή̷̙͠I̷̝̾Σ̴̳̉F̶̮̄ᄂ̷͙̎Ŷ̴̝ ̶̺̓П̵̣̊Σ̸͕͋Σ̷̥̽D̴̩̕:̸͍͠
̶͚͗P̷̻͌Σ̶̯̈́P̵͈̃P̸̻͘Σ̷͈̊Я̴͉̓ ̴̹̓Λ̸̫̅П̵̘̈́D̵̛̖ ̴̩̌V̷͉́Í̴̞П̶̱͂Σ̵̜͒Ḡ̸̝Λ̶̲͆Я̷͚̚ ̷̨̃B̷̨̿Σ̶̝͝Ƨ̵͓̈́I̴͓͗D̷̮̕Σ̸̠͆Ƨ̶̥̽
̸͖͑Λ̸̟̅Я̴͍͛Σ̸̩͑ ̵̡͋V̷̖͒Σ̸͖̑Я̶̲͛Y̸͜͝ ̸̡͂G̶͂͜Ө̸̬̂Ө̷̳̄D̴̗̽ ̷̫͆I̸͔̕П̵̱͂D̶̖̆Σ̶͇̒Σ̶̑ͅD̸̪̓

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygdj0ol2OgU

Quote from: Night Queen on April 18, 2020, 02:35:52 PM
Quote from: Krath on April 18, 2020, 12:31:25 PM

"̵̹̊Ƭ̶͕͆Ή̵̣̎Σ̴̞̓ ̵̰́Ƭ̶̯̎I̶̬͑M̷̺̂Σ̶̡͂ ̵̬̏Ή̵̛͍Λ̸̟̍Ƨ̸̣̎ ̴͙̎ᄃ̸̘̾Ө̶̗́M̷̹͌Σ̴͕̄,̴͖́"̶̠͊ ̵̖̐Ƭ̵̯̔Ή̶͉͘Σ̵̪̓ ̶̖̓Щ̵̙̒Λ̵͖̉ᄂ̷̭͂Я̸͚͛Ц̷̤̈́Ƨ̵̨̽ ̸̼̒Ƨ̵̠̆Λ̴͚̇Í̶̱Ḏ̴́,̶͍̈́
̶̨̌"̷̡̄Ƭ̶̜̓Ө̵̦̇ ̷̩̔Ƭ̸̰͠Λ̸̓ͅᄂ̶̛̟K̶͉̆ ̸̗̊Ө̷̢̽Ḟ̵̙ ̷̰̅M̴̻̍Λ̴̨̊П̴̞̏Y̴̱̑ ̸̍͜Ƭ̵̲̈Ή̸͖̽I̴̳̿П̷̤͋G̵͎͑Ƨ̴̩́:̴̺̇
̵̬̓Ө̷̛̫F̶̞̈ ̶̩͑Ƨ̸̲̉Ή̸̠̿Ө̷̪̓Σ̵̹̀Ƨ̷͖͒-̵̛̫-̷͉́Λ̴͉̒П̶̹̍D̴͇̈́ ̷̰̀Ƨ̷͓͠Ή̶̱̄Ȋ̶̲P̷͕͘Ƨ̸̗̿-̷̱̅-̷̹̑Λ̴̥̀П̶̹̈D̶͕͑ ̵̭̽Ƨ̵̩͒Σ̷̟̋Λ̵̼͝ᄂ̴̙̒I̵̩͌П̴̜͘G̴̬̉-̸̤͝Щ̶͈̆Λ̴̹̈́X̵͔̽-̶̼̅-̶̖͛
̴͚͛Ӫ̶̦F̶̭̒ ̷̬̈́ᄃ̷͖̈́Λ̶̛̯B̶̮̍B̴̹̓Λ̶̰̂G̷͙̓Σ̶̖͆Ƨ̸̘̈-̸̪̽-̵̳̚Λ̵͙̀П̶̼́D̷͇̈́ ̷͙͛K̵̮͒Ì̵͚П̷̥̉G̶̘͠Ƨ̴̼̅-̸̨͆-̶̭͛
̸͎̈́Λ̶͖̆П̴̻̅D̸͈̔ ̷͕͂Щ̷̙͗Ή̸̥̿Y̷̞̊ ̸͈̈́Ƭ̸̭̈Ή̵̲̀Σ̵̪̀ ̸̯̕Ƨ̷̪̓Σ̷̹͊Λ̴͓̆ ̶̝̉I̵͈̐Ƨ̵̠̂ ̸̳̕B̶̘̅Ө̷̻͋İ̸͔ᄂ̵̭͝Ȉ̵͖П̷̥͊G̷̼̈́ ̷̰́Ή̷͖̾Ө̷̿͜Ƭ̷̘̿-̴͍͊-̵̙͐
̴͑ͅΛ̷̻͛П̴͚̎Ḑ̶̐ ̵̝͘Щ̷̨̏Ή̴̱̄Σ̵͙́Ƭ̵͖͝Ή̵͓͆Σ̴̡̀Я̵̞͑ ̶̳͠P̴̰̽I̴͕̾G̴̀ͅƧ̵͓̌ ̸͚̌Ή̸̥̈́Λ̷̗̿V̴͚̈Σ̶̪͒ ̶͓̒Щ̴̻̌I̴̥̊П̵̞̄Ḡ̸̥Ƨ̸͕̔.̶͙̔"̵̻̍
̴̘͌
̸̲͠"̴͎̾B̸͔̅Ц̶̙͆Ƭ̴̛̲ ̵̧̎Щ̶̫̍Λ̴̧̚Ỉ̸̪Ƭ̷͍̋ ̷͖̕Λ̷̧͒ ̴͇̐B̸͍͆I̴̬͒Ƭ̵̳́,̶̥̀"̵͠ͅ ̸̢̓Ƭ̸̰͛Ή̸̼̂Σ̶̣͗ ̴̘̿Ө̶͎͛Ŷ̵̪Ƨ̵̝̄Ƭ̸̥̔Σ̵̲̅Я̴͉͆Ƨ̷̳͝ ̷͕̈ᄃ̵̢̿Я̴͉̈́I̵̟̿Σ̴̗̌D̵̯̉,̵̙͂
̷̗̄"̶͉͑B̵͚̄Σ̴̱̓F̵̛̗Ө̷̱͆Я̷͉̈Σ̴̛̬ ̷̬͝Щ̴̼͂Σ̵͂ͅ ̷̢̓Ή̶̧͠Λ̴̥̓V̴̧̇Σ̵͍͒ ̶̬̈Ӫ̸̳Ц̸̤̑Я̴̘̓ ̴̜͠ᄃ̴͈͛Ή̸͙̈́Λ̵̝̔Ƭ̸͈̏;̵̖͘
̶̼̓F̸̗͂Ө̷͖͑Я̵͉̚ ̶̝̊Ƨ̴̜̿Ө̴͊ͅM̵͕̕Σ̶̧̌ ̷̲̂Ө̵̩̚F̶̻̓ ̸̡̛Ц̴̙́Ƨ̶̧͘ ̷̹́Λ̵̹̿Я̶̫̅Σ̸͎̀ ̵͓̚Ө̷̛͈Ц̵̦̀Ƭ̴̘̏ ̴̝̎Ө̷̝͝F̵̛͇ ̷̻̾B̴̯̏Я̵͚̂Σ̸̣̊Λ̷̬̾Ƭ̷͇̒Ή̴̧͌,̴̩̓
̶͓̈Λ̵͌͜П̸͉͠D̷͙̿ ̷̫͛Λ̴̠̓ᄂ̸̜̃ᄂ̷̹̕ ̵̳̆Ө̸̮͗F̶̥͗ ̸̭͑Ц̷̂͜Ƨ̵̭̈́ ̴̳̅Λ̸̡̆Я̵̨͌Σ̷͍́ ̵̥͋F̸̻̚Λ̸̖̍Ƭ̶̭̎!̸̺̾"̶̟̈
̴̨̍"̷͉͊П̷̱́Ө̶͍̇ ̸͙̆Ή̸̯̔Ц̶̡͑Я̸̪̈́Я̸̓ͅŸ̸̧!̸̗̇"̸̬̈́ ̷̨̂Ƨ̸̯͘Λ̴̞̐I̸͚̋D̶͙͝ ̵͇̊Ƭ̴̻̕Ή̸̫̄Σ̶̯͝ ̸̞̈́ᄃ̵͈̋Λ̸̯̌Я̸̨̑P̷̝̈Σ̴͖̓П̶͘ͅƬ̸̫̒Σ̶̤̌Я̵͈̈́.̸̥̚
̵̹̍Ƭ̶͚͗Ή̵̡̋Σ̸́ͅÝ̷̲ ̵̗́Ƭ̸̝̀Ή̵͓̆Λ̴͇̚П̷̼̆K̷̨͌Σ̷̘̉D̶̡̏ ̸̨̂Ή̵̤́Į̵́Ḿ̸̪ ̵̗̚M̵̱͠Ц̴̫͌ᄃ̷̧͝Ή̶̧́ ̴͖̈F̸̯͊Ө̴̣́Я̴̺̔ ̵͕̈Ƭ̷̯̋Ή̸̮̒Λ̴͔̉Ƭ̸͎̄.̴̹̈́
̸͓̒
̸̻̓"̶͉̓Λ̸͚̑ ̸̮̆ᄂ̷̩̾Ө̸̣̒Λ̴̦̈F̴̗̊ ̵̜͝Ө̶͔͝F̵̅͜ ̷̪̈B̵̺̿Я̴̧̿Σ̸̦̈Λ̸̻̍D̴͇̎,̶̥͝"̴̗̒ ̷̙̑Ƭ̵̟͆Ή̶̡̓Σ̶̝́ ̵̘͋Щ̷̦͋Λ̵͍͑ᄂ̵̪̋Я̵̯̀Ц̸̳̏Ƨ̸͈̃ ̷̖̉Ƨ̸̫̂Λ̶̯́Į̷́D̸̠́,̵̛̟
̶͎̽"̴͇̆I̴̙͐Ƨ̷̩̚ ̸̟̊Щ̴̲̄Ή̸̹̌Λ̷̯̈́Ƭ̶̞̔ ̶̯̽Щ̶̳̅Σ̷̉ͅ ̵̠̔ᄃ̵̠̈́Ή̷̙͠I̷̝̾Σ̴̳̉F̶̮̄ᄂ̷͙̎Ŷ̴̝ ̶̺̓П̵̣̊Σ̸͕͋Σ̷̥̽D̴̩̕:̸͍͠
̶͚͗P̷̻͌Σ̶̯̈́P̵͈̃P̸̻͘Σ̷͈̊Я̴͉̓ ̴̹̓Λ̸̫̅П̵̘̈́D̵̛̖ ̴̩̌V̷͉́Í̴̞П̶̱͂Σ̵̜͒Ḡ̸̝Λ̶̲͆Я̷͚̚ ̷̨̃B̷̨̿Σ̶̝͝Ƨ̵͓̈́I̴͓͗D̷̮̕Σ̸̠͆Ƨ̶̥̽
̸͖͑Λ̸̟̅Я̴͍͛Σ̸̩͑ ̵̡͋V̷̖͒Σ̸͖̑Я̶̲͛Y̸͜͝ ̸̡͂G̶͂͜Ө̸̬̂Ө̷̳̄D̴̗̽ ̷̫͆I̸͔̕П̵̱͂D̶̖̆Σ̶͇̒Σ̶̑ͅD̸̪̓

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygdj0ol2OgU

The only GDB poster I am scared of and will defer to.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote-Updated things Javascript can do.
o.o

If mounts can have loot packed to them that saves with you if they're hitched to you, why can't carts keep their cargo across crashes or reboots?

The appeal of carts is strongly diminished by that lack of saving contents over reboots/crashes.

Slightly related, but don't tents have the ability to save items across reboots/crashes in them? Am I wrong here?
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on May 05, 2020, 01:29:16 PM
...Slightly related, but don't tents have the ability to save items across reboots/crashes in them? Am I wrong here?

Only if the tent room is a 'save' room, which I don't believe they are.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The pitched tent object is technically what we call a wagon (see below), which creates an inside room in a specified range of save rooms.

Mounts are NPCs and have specific code that causes them to save, if they are linked to a character via hitch or the character being mounted upon them.  If they aren't linked in this way, they are not saved.

Carts are neither of those things (nor are they technically "wagons", objects which also have their own specific save code).  They don't save because they would need code specific to them to enable that, which has not been put in place.  They don't link to a character like mounts, and we don't want them to save like wagons.  Feel free to discuss (in a different thread, not here) why you think they should save and how.

May 05, 2020, 09:05:56 PM #1188 Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 09:18:01 PM by Harmless
well, I won't make a new thread just yet as I am no expert on this content, Brokkr, but I will say this. It should be pretty obvious why carts have limited usefulness if they can't save your stuff -- crashes can happen at literally any time, and they tend to happen unpredictably -- if you put an object down in any room that isn't a save room you need to be prepared to lose it all -- therefore why would anyone ever trust their cart with their stuff, ever?

You might load a cart up with logs or something, then start taking it to Nak, only to lose it all en route because of a crash mid-journey with no way to get it back. (edit: except reimbursement requests. I guess this means that you'd not want to put a lot of unique items in, and only use it for now to haul duplicates of easily reimbursable things, like bulk materials/logs/stone, and make sure you take a count before you embark.)

Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Maybe roleplay your cart getting wiped in a server crash as an actual in-game cart crash.

Quote from: Harmless on May 05, 2020, 09:05:56 PM
well, I won't make a new thread just yet as I am no expert on this content, Brokkr, but I will say this. It should be pretty obvious why carts have limited usefulness if they can't save your stuff -- crashes can happen at literally any time, and they tend to happen unpredictably -- if you put an object down in any room that isn't a save room you need to be prepared to lose it all -- therefore why would anyone ever trust their cart with their stuff, ever?

You might load a cart up with logs or something, then start taking it to Nak, only to lose it all en route because of a crash mid-journey with no way to get it back. (edit: except reimbursement requests. I guess this means that you'd not want to put a lot of unique items in, and only use it for now to haul duplicates of easily reimbursable things, like bulk materials/logs/stone, and make sure you take a count before you embark.)

Here is your cart topic.  :)

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,55700.0.html

Not a release note, but I'm not making a whole new topic for "staff announcement replies":

As someone with Romani roots, THANK YOU for finally tending to that iffy little bit of Armageddon lore. I look forward to seeing the Muarki in play. :)
Lizard time.

OMG, the helm code! Sweetness!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,49825.msg1046437.html#msg1046437- Added command 'feed' to allow for feeding and caring for one's mount.
- Based on how well they are fed will determine the increase in their stamina regeneration.
- Mount races have three different categories of foods.
- Foods they prefer to eat, foods they find acceptable and foods they will eat begrudgingly.
- All other foods they will refuse to eat.
- Mounts will eat more food based on their size.  The larger the amount the more they need to eat to gain the benefit.
- Most mounts will now automatically graze for food to feed themselves when they are in certain areas that are considered their natural habitat.
- Grazing will also provide some stamina regeneration bonus to a lesser degree than feeding one's mount.
- Mounts should only graze when they are standing and not carrying a rider.

- See 'help feed' for details.

As always, reporting issues and providing feedback (pun intended) is appreciated as we look to create other related features.

Staff are building Farmville, and I absolutely love it. :D

A couple directions one could go with This Sort of Thing that I would find enjoyable:

(1) Increase the value of specific mount animals. Imagine if animals had ride/charge/trample skills that could be trained:
-- It would matter whether you got your own mount or a different animal.
-- Taming mounts could be made less hokey than the current mechanism.
-- Delivering well-trained animals is suddenly an important career.

(2) Extend some of the mount and feed code to other domestic animals: chalton, escru, etc.
-- Make it possible to buy and feed 'em; add a chance of well-fed mixed-sex populations spawning young.
-- Make it possible to move them around without resorting to "subdue." (Stupid simple option: allow "hitch" with a skill check against ride.)
-- For escru, make it possible to extract milk and wool without slaughtering the animal.
-- Then I can start the Armageddon ranch I've wanted since 2010, and die defending it. :)

(As with, e.g., cooking, campfires, teapots, etc., I'm sure you can just ignore most of this stuff if it ain't your kind of fun. And it's important that you don't actually have to learn these kinds of details as a brand new player.)
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on May 10, 2020, 08:51:40 PM
(2) Extend some of the mount and feed code to other domestic animals: chalton, escru, etc.
-- Make it possible to buy and feed 'em; add a chance of well-fed mixed-sex populations spawning young.
-- Make it possible to move them around without resorting to "subdue." (Stupid simple option: allow "hitch" with a skill check against ride.)
-- For escru, make it possible to extract milk and wool without slaughtering the animal.
-- Then I can start the Armageddon ranch I've wanted since 2010, and die defending it. :)
Current iterations of escru are milkable and shearable, but not hitchable if they're the readily milkable/shearable ones.

I like the job opportunities that might provide (along Brytta's line of thinking) of rustlers and trainers, who can sell you a better-trained mount than what you get in the stores. Having things like increased capacity, longer distance stamina, less chance of bucking you in a fight, or being docile enough to be double hitched (pack animal for those who can typically only hitch one mount at a time) sound like interesting additions that make Tamers appealing.

Could even be a sub-class option, or included with things like Dune Trader and what not.

I still want to make an MMH that sells carob nuts and gysahl greens solely to provide you with the best mount stats before the eventual "mount mating" code comes in.

You know you want that glittering, golden erdlu.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on May 11, 2020, 02:30:40 PM
before the eventual "mount mating" code comes in.

And mount genetics.

I might want this too much.

The small, muscular man says, in northern-accented sirihish,
  "Almanzo Wilder's the name. I got better horses than you be."
The small, muscular man says, in northern-accented sirihish,
  "Say, I have caaandy^H^H^H^H^H^H a pretty swell cart."
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Is this stam regen going to interact with stables somehow?  Are there any plans for stabling functions to change?  A little further down this path looks like a pretty dramatic, but awesome direction for wilderness life and travel.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

This feeding mount code I have asked for a long time.  You guys did it!  I am moved to tears today, thank you!
Just having fun.