Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

Well, elf agility balances that right out.

I kid... sort of.

Quote from: Delirium on October 19, 2018, 07:45:27 PM
Quote from: Heade on October 19, 2018, 07:43:34 PM
easily managable encumbrance

there's one problem.

It was right at the cusp between light and EM, just on the EM side of that.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Quote from: Heade on October 19, 2018, 08:16:27 PM
Quote from: Delirium on October 19, 2018, 07:45:27 PM
Quote from: Heade on October 19, 2018, 07:43:34 PM
easily managable encumbrance

there's one problem.

It was right at the cusp between light and EM, just on the EM side of that.

There is a rather substantial agility penalty that begins at easily manageable.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote-Added new Subguilds with information from Brokkr
  -Master Woodworker
  -Marksman
  -Roughrider
  -Wastelander
  -Swordsman
  -Reaver

Any eta, on when these will be live?
"Mortals do drown so."

October 29th, 2018 (Monday)

Not a real code release, but subclass/extended subclass skills were adjusted today to new values I have been promising/threatening. I'll be double checking over the next couple of days to ensure the help files are all accurate to these changes.

Can this be clarified, maybe I'm not keeping up with the threads where this was discussed, but I have no idea what has been promised/threatened.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on October 30, 2018, 12:42:33 PM...

Can this be clarified, maybe I'm not keeping up with the threads where this was discussed, but I have no idea what has been promised/threatened.

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,53906.msg1016930.html#msg1016930
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I have the karma but don't have the new subclasses listed my available options list.  Release said something about regenerating karma.  How does one do that?
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Quote from: Cowboy on October 31, 2018, 06:46:37 PM
I have the karma but don't have the new subclasses listed my available options list.  Release said something about regenerating karma.  How does one do that?

I think something's gone weird with karma regeneration.

I haven't regenerated a karma point (from 0) in 45 days.

I was reading through the various extended subguilds... I see that slipknife reads to have sap, specifically stated as delivering a knockout blow. However it does not mention sap in the skill listed in the doc, nor if or from what it branches.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I looked at my guild/subguild options from my account menu and I do not see any of the new subclasses. I haven't used any karma as I haven't made a new character in quite a long time.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Should we put in a request if we have the karma but do not have the new subclasses listed as options available? or is it something that will resolve itself with time?

You have to regenerate karma to see the options.  If your current karma is equal to your max karma, you won't regenerate karma and so won't see them in chargen.

If you don't see them and want to play one, drop a request in.  We can manually set something that kicks off the process that will add them so you can choose them.

Don't send in a request if you just want to see them but can't see them, without intending to play one.  The next time karma regens (after next time you spend it, or because current karma is lower than max currently) they will pop up.

Thanks Brokkr.  When I need a new character, I'll put in a request.

wtf I love Armageddon again now
Lizard time.

Small mistake in the Help Androgynous helpfile, at the end is says nor female without having male before it.

is it just me, or does two handed not advance in skill, including since after the recent code change for how it is gained?

It still seems nowhere near the rate of other skills similar to it (i.e., dual wield)...
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I have heard others express that two handed doesn't appear to be improving despite other skills raising as expected over time.
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

In one of the threads Brokkr mentioned that combat classes would learn combat skills much more quickly, and non combat classes would learn them much more slowly.

In my brief experience with the new classes, this seems very true. Weapon skills seem to be go much slower than the style skills even, compared to the legacy classes anyways.

It is hard to make a blanket statement with regards to the two handed skill and your individual experiences with it.

Some time ago, a change was made to make the relative levels of offense and defense between the two things fighting be taken into account for some of the combat skills.

This calculation was working backwards for the two handed skill, making it easier to learn against things that had a lower defense than you had offense, rather than the opposite of that, which is how it should have been.

Depending on your skills levels and what you were fighting, this change may make learning two handed easier or harder for you.  But at least it will reflect what was told players when that change was made.

Two-handed seems to be skilling up just fine for me.

From Nessalin:
Quote-Upped character aliases to 100.
-Updated shout messages
  -When the wind gets loud the gender is removed from shout messages, becoming 'someone'
  -Those with high listen skill will have a chance to still determine gender
-When lighting arrows, people in the room will see that the arrow has been lit, not just the character lighting the arrow.

The alias change is great for folks who use them!

I love the detection of gender being dependent on the wind (and appropriate listen skill).

Arrows can be lit? Is this new? It's awesome regardless.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Quote-Addition of a new 3 karma magick subguild, more information to come soon.

How can you be so cruel, Nath?

They're planning on how they're going to word it.

When was the last time a 3-karma subguild came out? A magick one? They got to really spike the punch this time.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded