Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

AH yes, the Super Killing Machines are now a race.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

And the muls are what? Chopped liver?

Is toss considered aggressive, though? I don't want to throw something silly and get ganked by soldiers.
Why can't kanks clap?
Because they're dead.

I love that you actually added toss! Beautiful!

I'm wondering if it's possible to toss something "IN" or "OUT" as well as in a cardinal direction as noted in the helpfile. If not, this would probably be a pretty important addition if possible, since a lot of caves are "in".

On a less important note, it'd be cool if you could toss something into a fall room to test depth. If you toss something into a room, maybe it could make a noise when it hits the ground that is audible with a (wilderness? any?) listen check from the room you threw it from. The more rooms down the bottom is, the longer it takes to hit the ground and the softer the noise is, until at a certain depth you can't hear it at all. This seems like it might be a bit tricky to code, but it's just a thought!

Quote from: sleepyhead on August 15, 2018, 12:09:55 PM
I'm wondering if it's possible to toss something "IN" or "OUT" as well as in a cardinal direction as noted in the helpfile. If not, this would probably be a pretty important addition if possible, since a lot of caves are "in".

Coded for next release, yes.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

The August 12 (26th edition) is by far my favorite one yet!

So many awesome crucial day to day points touched on and revamped for the bettererrr.

Kudos to all the staff who worked on this, The Shade I'm looking at you for this one.  (large applause)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Really love all the changes I am seeing, but I'm not certain I agree with the change hands allowing a free attack when changing from one hand to two hands on a weapon, and back and forth.  Now swapping two weapons or something a bit more challenging, I could see that offering a free attack.  It's a normal combat maneuver in fighting to move a weapon from one hand to holding it in two hands.  As someone that has taken sword fighting instruction, it's normal practice, it is apart of the skill of sword fighting.  If I was holding a weapon in both hands and trying to swap those... that would be stupid difficult.  Swapping a shield from one arm to another, that's difficult. Moving a weapon from one hand to another, not so much.

Just some feedback, but I love everything else. :D  Thank you for the great work
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Quote from: JustAnotherGuy on September 05, 2018, 03:55:12 PM
Really love all the changes I am seeing, but I'm not certain I agree with the change hands allowing a free attack when changing from one hand to two hands on a weapon, and back and forth.  Now swapping two weapons or something a bit more challenging, I could see that offering a free attack.  It's a normal combat maneuver in fighting to move a weapon from one hand to holding it in two hands.  As someone that has taken sword fighting instruction, it's normal practice, it is apart of the skill of sword fighting.  If I was holding a weapon in both hands and trying to swap those... that would be stupid difficult.  Swapping a shield from one arm to another, that's difficult. Moving a weapon from one hand to another, not so much.

Just some feedback, but I love everything else. :D  Thank you for the great work

I just picture the scene from The Princess Bride when they were switching from left handed to right handed.  They had to disengage and taunt while doing so... It wasn't an easy manuver.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Please add "taunt" command, branched from "threaten." Invoked like tell; acts like expel.

> taunt amos Yo' momma was a desert rat! Yo' daddy smelt of kzul-berries!
You jeer at the tall, muscular man, in sirihish,
  "Yo' momma was a desert rat! Yo' daddy smelt of kzul-berries!"
The tall, muscular man reels back, staggered by your taunt.
You seize the opportunity and slash the tall, muscular man very hard on the superego.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on September 05, 2018, 05:24:06 PM
Please add "taunt" command, branched from "threaten." Invoked like tell; acts like expel.

> taunt amos Yo' momma was a desert rat! Yo' daddy smelt of kzul-berries!
You jeer at the tall, muscular man, in sirihish,
  "Yo' momma was a desert rat! Yo' daddy smelt of kzul-berries!"
The tall, muscular man reels back, staggered by your taunt.
You seize the opportunity and slash the tall, muscular man very hard on the superego.

Brytta Always has the great ideas...
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

Did the changes to the existing subclasses also get implemented?

AKA

Move Slipknife to 2 karma?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Roughrider got a good laugh from me, in a good way. Nice work as always.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

The update refers to putting in the new extended subclasses.  You can't pick them in chargen yet, and no changes to existing subclasses yet.

Rough riders ride rough stock. Or charge up hills in Cuba.

Do Rough Rider's have the ability to open up closed shops?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure I get the reference.

Dig the new sub guilds. It's cool to see a sub guild that gets wilderness quit, for instance.

--Immanuel Kant

Thank you for honoring Canada's legalization of pot (tomorrow) by extending the shelf life of spice!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Not to be a negative nancy, but is Wastelander just shitty Grebber but can forage food and wilderness quit?

Quote from: MeTekillot on October 16, 2018, 12:43:39 PM
Not to be a negative nancy, but is Wastelander just shitty Grebber but can forage food and wilderness quit?

Grebbers can forage in both the city and wilderness, and can't forage food or quit in the wilderness. There seem to be trade offs, and wilderness quit for some classes is worth it.

--Immanuel Kant

That's actually a solid question.

Which of the new classes can forage food? I dont mean subguilds, I mean main guilds.

We must disagree on what a solid question is, since to me it means something that can't be answered by a couple of minutes of looking at the help files.

Under Abilities, the class help files say stuff like:

Can forage food in the wilderness.
Can forage scraps of food in cities.

... Oh

Well. Well. Umh.

That requires me to read things. That's rather unfair, unjust, and downright diabolical. You should be ashamed, Brokkr.

I am both heartened to see new subguilds rolled out with some SOLID utility, but saddened to see them karma gated.

Is there any progress at all on fixing the karma regeneration bug? I've been stuck at 0 ever since the release.

The release notes said they fixed the Karma regen.