Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

Quote from: nessalin on December 18, 2017, 06:15:04 PM
Quote from: Armaddict on December 18, 2017, 04:26:48 PM
Maybe guard should hard-counter threaten?

I.e. 'You move to threaten so and so, but his guard moves between you and so and so.' or 'You move to attack him for moving west, but the guard there moves inbetween you and him.'

This is already coded.

If the Merchant is guarded by Guard, then Raider will get a fail message when they attempt to 'threaten merchant'.

"You move to threaten a weak-chinned merchant but a broad-chested guard steps in the way!"

Awesome!  Thanks for the heads up, this makes me look forward to some things!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Having received a reimb for spice on December 7th, I just noticed that ALL of the spice is gone, totally decayed, despite being put in spice containers. Since that is only 14 RL days, and all knots and other spices are gone, and I'm not even sure when that happened, is this code fixed, or did I read it wrong when I read that it would last like 167 RL days?
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

Quote from: stark on December 22, 2017, 12:00:56 PM
Having received a reimb for spice on December 7th, I just noticed that ALL of the spice is gone, totally decayed, despite being put in spice containers. Since that is only 14 RL days, and all knots and other spices are gone, and I'm not even sure when that happened, is this code fixed, or did I read it wrong when I read that it would last like 167 RL days?

The hotfix released on the 14th of the month should have fixed this issue.

An update to Mekillot combat intelligence, hell to the yes, make those bastards dangerous to an absurd degree.

What sort of tricks are we looking at here though? Will they change opponent for example, or are we simply talking things like bashing folks and such?

If youre on the receiving end of threaten code, will it engage combat if you:

get coins <container> ?

get weapon <container>?

get <object> from ground?

I actually love the idea of threaten being triggered (on a failure) by innocent actions.

get coins pouch
brutish half-giant hits you for remainder of your health
Brutish half-giant says in sirihish "Sorry Boss, he twitched, I thought he was reaching for a weapon."

Wonderful times. (even though I'd likely be playing the smear)

Right now the skinned-items-decay seems to be about 7 or 8 minutes or so. That's... kind of quick. Any chance it could be adjusted to 15 minutes or so? I don't think hides should just sink into the ground after less than an ingame hour, for instance.

This happened inside a village, in case that changes things.
Lizard time.

Quote from: MatisseOrOtherwise on January 31, 2018, 11:16:53 PM
Right now the skinned-items-decay seems to be about 7 or 8 minutes or so. That's... kind of quick. Any chance it could be adjusted to 15 minutes or so? I don't think hides should just sink into the ground after less than an ingame hour, for instance.

So... If we have a stack of hides NOT in a container inside a building.... Do they also decay?
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on February 01, 2018, 09:02:44 AM
Quote from: MatisseOrOtherwise on January 31, 2018, 11:16:53 PM

So... If we have a stack of hides NOT in a container inside a building.... Do they also decay?

No I think she's talking about out in the wilds, post skinning.

Rather than sinking into the ground, it'd be cool if items naturally became 'buried' in a room, as in sand blows over them and covers them. So you can still find some of the stuff, but you'll have to go digging in the sand.

>The item is here, partially covered in sand. (Still visible)
>The item is here, buried in sand. (Still visible)
>The item gets buried. (Buried, not visible)
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

QuoteSo... If we have a stack of hides NOT in a container inside a building.... Do they also decay?

That would basically be pretty unplayable.  The stuff only sinks into the ground if someone skins something and then doesn't pick it up.

QuoteRather than sinking into the ground, it'd be cool if items naturally became 'buried' in a room, as in sand blows over them and covers them. So you can still find some of the stuff, but you'll have to go digging in the sand.

Forage artifact.

Next time maybe play around with the code and how it works.

Quote from: Brokkr on February 01, 2018, 11:33:46 AM
QuoteSo... If we have a stack of hides NOT in a container inside a building.... Do they also decay?

That would basically be pretty unplayable.  The stuff only sinks into the ground if someone skins something and then doesn't pick it up.

QuoteRather than sinking into the ground, it'd be cool if items naturally became 'buried' in a room, as in sand blows over them and covers them. So you can still find some of the stuff, but you'll have to go digging in the sand.

Forage artifact.

I know about bury code, bra. Just saying it'd be cool to have the items go in-between 'uncovered' and 'buried' in stages. No need to agree with me!

--Immanuel Kant

Forage artifact.

Next time maybe don't say "next time maybe" as a suggestion for how to play the game.

"Next time maybe don't be an asshole." "Please think about your words before you post."
"Next time maybe think about what you're doing." "There is more to this, and here is what I can share."
"Next time maybe play around with code I'm assuming you didn't even know about." "Here is the code I don't think you know about, give it a try!"
"Next time maybe read what the person says and weigh your response carefully." "Please respond thoughtfully to your fellow commenters."
"Next time maybe leave open comments to those with better Customer Service skills." "If you can't say it nicely, step back and think about it."

See how "next time maybe" sounds a lot more condescending than it should?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Veselka on February 01, 2018, 11:55:00 AM

Forage artifact.

I know about bury code, bra. Just saying it'd be cool to have the items go in-between 'uncovered' and 'buried' in stages. No need to agree with me!

No, it literally does that already. You can forage artifacts for anything that has been skinned and sunk into the ground.

I think what he meant, here, is that there could be coded stages to an item disappearing. Currently it just disappears entirely after a set time, and Veselka was saying "It'd be cool if" the Bury system came into play and scripted out the items in the forage artifact table, rather than disappearing from the game altogether.

Personally I disagree, its just more for the system to track and nobody is going to go digging for scrab guts, but that's what he meant.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on February 01, 2018, 03:08:37 PM

I think what he meant, here, is that there could be coded stages to an item disappearing. Currently it just disappears entirely after a set time, and Veselka was saying "It'd be cool if" the Bury system came into play and scripted out the items in the forage artifact table, rather than disappearing from the game altogether.

Personally I disagree, its just more for the system to track and nobody is going to go digging for scrab guts, but that's what he meant.

Yes, it does move items to the bury table, which is foraged through 'forage artifact' just like what happens if a body with loot on it decays in an appropriate room.

No, all I was saying is for the sake of flavor and 'we are all in a yellow submarine, I mean, the desert', that the items have a sort of decay code attached, wherein they appear as half-buried, then fully buried. Literally just a shower thought, NBD.

--Immanuel Kant

I like the idea of stages of buried, but it's a recode.

Right now you're in a stage where you will have crap littering the desert, but it'll be all hidden.

So you'll just pop out the west gate, roam 4-5 rooms northwestish and type " forage artifact for ivory" to load up on chalton horn.

How long do the buried objects persist in memory in non-save rooms? Until the next reboot?

Heh, this explains some things.  Also, now I'm just going to be waiting for the time I:

>forage artifact
You find a medallion of Tektolnes, and pick it up.

>em chokes in shock
>bury medallion
>flee self
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: Miradus on February 01, 2018, 04:34:10 PM
How long do the buried objects persist in memory in non-save rooms? Until the next reboot?

Yes, reboot, unless the room happened to be a save room.

From today's release notes on decapped heads ...

If I put a decapped head in a food bin/pouch and close it, will it still degrade?

In the (mostly hypothetical) situation where I'd need to keep a head around for awhile for my own nefarious reasons ... what would be the method?

Is it purposeful that you can no longer "pack" bodies onto mounts?

So... were mekillots invincible for a while before this last reboot?
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

What's up with the new parry/block messages? They're super neat, but it's confusing what has changed. Are opponents put off balance by a mediocre parry/block?

--Immanuel Kant

Persistent mount stats through stabling would be cool
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: Cind on February 05, 2018, 06:24:32 PM
So... were mekillots invincible for a while before this last reboot?

No.

One of their special attacks could have its damage reduced to 0 by way of natural armor and worn armor.

Even when the damage was at 0, however, the message indicated that they had inflicted damage.

The message about inflicting damage should now only appear when damage is greater than 0.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"