Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

Sounds like a bug!
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

if it's a grain it's probably not kuraci, afaik the only way to get anything that isn't a grain is literally to get it from kurac.

i could be wrong. but it's one of those "merchant house secrets" like salarr (probably?) is the one who forges -any- metal weapons for the big black robes and kadius "probably" makes the metal rings you see nobles wearing.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 28, 2017, 03:00:26 AM
if it's a grain it's probably not kuraci, afaik the only way to get anything that isn't a grain is literally to get it from kurac.

i could be wrong. but it's one of those "merchant house secrets" like salarr (probably?) is the one who forges -any- metal weapons for the big black robes and kadius "probably" makes the metal rings you see nobles wearing.

You used to be able to forage a pinch-sized amount of at least one type of spice, that I can remember.

I haven't foraged for spice in a long time though, so I suppose they could've changed it.

Also, technically, there are a few au naturel spice objects that aren't grains/pinches/knots/thal-knots/bricks.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I've seen knots of spice decay way faster than the discussed time-frame. Might want to take a closer look at that, honestly.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Yes, it appears the decay rate is off. We're working on it.

Quote from: Akariel on November 28, 2017, 04:46:46 PM
Yes, it appears the decay rate is off. We're working on it.
This should be fixed now.

November 29, 2017, 03:22:00 PM #331 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:33:17 PM by Akariel
Should people file reimbursements for spice that went bad in the interim, or just suck it up to a batch of low-grade crack?

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 28, 2017, 03:00:26 AM

Yeah, a 'pinch' is the smallest amount of spice available from Kurac. A 'grain' is the smallest unrefined amount.

Quote from: Veselka on November 29, 2017, 03:22:00 PM
Should people file reimbursements for spice that went bad in the interim, or just suck it up to a batch of low-grade crack?

For the most part, all spice that was stored properly should still be in working order - except for maybe grains or pinches. I'll do reimbursements if needed, of course.

Quote from: Akariel on November 29, 2017, 03:33:25 PM

For the most part, all spice that was stored properly should still be in working order - except for maybe grains or pinches. I'll do reimbursements if needed, of course.

Darn, I trashed all the spice that went bad, suppose that's on me. Glad to hear it's working now tough!
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Quote from: Grapes on November 29, 2017, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: Akariel on November 29, 2017, 03:33:25 PM

Darn, I trashed all the spice that went bad, suppose that's on me. Glad to hear it's working now tough!

Same.  At that point I was still under the assumption it was working as intended and I didn't want to be bothered with all this half-spoiled spice that I wasn't going to use before it went bad.  I also wasn't sure how else to store and just didn't want to deal with all that so I figured just be done with it and toss most of what was left.

Spice will decay into nothing given enough time, the rock-hard stuff is just there to indicate that it has decayed entirely, so people don't ask WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SPICE IT'S GONE!?

Like I said, if you need a reimbursement, please send one in.

Quote from: Akariel on November 29, 2017, 06:25:00 PM
Spice will decay into nothing given enough time, the rock-hard stuff is just there to indicate that it has decayed entirely, so people don't ask WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SPICE IT'S GONE!?

That's a nice touch actually. It's nice to see remnants of 'what happened', rather than it just disappearing and making you think you were robbed or it simply poofed.

--Immanuel Kant

So if I'm reading this right, rock-hard is the worst modifier for spice, indicating that it is now useless and about to decay into nothing?

Quote from: sleepyhead on November 29, 2017, 06:41:02 PM

So if I'm reading this right, rock-hard is the worst modifier for spice, indicating that it is now useless and about to decay into nothing?

Yup. It's the "spoiled" of spice, I suppose.
Lizard time.

I'm pretty sure there's still an issue with this, at least, from my perspective, after receiving a reimb and the next day, despite the spice being put in "appropriate containers" it was already too old to roll or sniff. I'm not going to bother anyone with another request tool report either though.
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

Quote from: stark on December 08, 2017, 10:28:16 AM
I'm pretty sure there's still an issue with this, at least, from my perspective, after receiving a reimb and the next day, despite the spice being put in "appropriate containers" it was already too old to roll or sniff. I'm not going to bother anyone with another request tool report either though.

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,49825.msg1002613.html#msg1002613

Make Smoke Pinch Papers coming soon.

Thank you.
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

Quote-Armor tailor bug fixed where armor that was re-sized would have the # of armor points provided 
  increased/decreased proportionally.

Does this mean that for example, half-giant armor is now the same amount of armor as a humans armor?

Quote from: Hauwke on December 10, 2017, 04:58:33 PM
Quote-Armor tailor bug fixed where armor that was re-sized would have the # of armor points provided
  increased/decreased proportionally.

Does this mean that for example, half-giant armor is now the same amount of armor as a humans armor?

Specific gear designed for specific things (like a half giant wearing it) will have stats specifically made to fit that gear.

So this reboot saw a few cool additions: threaten skill/command and NPC medics will heal damaged people (I'm expecting this is specific to clan sawbones like the one in the Byn).

I expect some people will think the threaten skill is unnecessary. After hearing for years about how raiders have it tough because people just spam flee, I think it's great for them to have code to back up what their character would try to do (i.e. attack someone if they try to flee). This will help give raiders a chance to roleplay more and code less. I've already seen people be less likely to auto-flee when they see another PC in the desert. Hopefully this will give raiders the support they need.

But in addition to helping support raiders, this will also help criminals such as thugs. We already got significant support for those PCs in the past with crim code getting turned off at night under certain conditions (at least, I'm pretty sure that's what happened. It's been a while since I've read the release notes for that). Now they'll be able to roleplay out threatening people for whatever they have on them.

All in all, it looks like good support for criminals wherever they might be.

I once had a PC in Tuluk who was threatened by a bunch of elves (which I'm pretty sure was one of Malifaxis' elves) and while at the time I was livid about the fact that it DID happen, I admit that I could've just fled away and escaped the situation entirely.

This makes it so much easier for 2-3 people to pull off a mugging without guarding all the exits, hoping, and at least seventeen prayers to the Ginka.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

This is an exciting change that will open more avenues for fun RP instead of feeling like you need to perraine stab your mark so they don't run away.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: John on December 16, 2017, 05:27:07 PM
So this reboot saw a few cool additions: threaten skill/command and NPC medics will heal damaged people (I'm expecting this is specific to clan sawbones like the one in the Byn).

This applies to any NPC that has both the bandage skill and a bandage item in their inventory.   When they are in the room with a friendly (same clan, usually) character that needs to be healed the NPC will make the attempt.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

This is cool and something I have wanted for a long time. But now im afraid people will be more willing to just run from every encounter so you dont even have the chance to threaten. Something I never considered until now.