Author Topic: Release Note discussion!  (Read 14341 times)

Grapes

Re: Release Note discussion!
« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »
Question, can you ride with just a shield, and draw your weapon as needed?
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Namino

« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2017, 05:32:39 PM »

I just logged in to test this, and you can still single-hand a shield and draw as necessary. The only issue then is that if you end up getting the worse end of the fight, you have to sheath your weapon before fleeing, presumably, or you will not move. However, this is at least livable for me.

I still am a bit concerned that this is happening after we were assured that the viability of older classes would not be undermined by new classes coming in, but in my opinion, this is inconvenient but not ruinous.

Grapes

« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2017, 06:05:44 PM »
Elves approve.

In response to the last post, not to be snarky, but for a long  time the mounted races, in melee combat, have had their cake and eaten it too. I understand it may be frustrating, but some of us have the world's smallest violin playing in the back of our heads. I understand it's less than ideal, and this makes encountering enemies, both PCs, and NPCs, in the wild more difficult... but the mounted races still have a huge set of advantages, which, as someone said, is kind of how it ought to be.

EDIT: Thanks for testing that, btw. Glad it's livable and not game-breaking. I do see your point.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:15:36 PM by Grapes »
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Veselka

« Reply #278 on: November 12, 2017, 07:21:37 PM »

I just logged in to test this, and you can still single-hand a shield and draw as necessary. The only issue then is that if you end up getting the worse end of the fight, you have to sheath your weapon before fleeing, presumably, or you will not move. However, this is at least livable for me.

I still am a bit concerned that this is happening after we were assured that the viability of older classes would not be undermined by new classes coming in, but in my opinion, this is inconvenient but not ruinous.

It's more a pain in the butt than ruinous. But it's still annoying to not get an announcement of it happening and having to figure it out. My current PC was able to ride with a shield and weapon for the last few months, so to suddenly not be able to is taking some adjustment.

nessalin

• Board Administrator
« Reply #279 on: November 12, 2017, 07:32:41 PM »
Moderated a few posts that were a tad snarky, others that varied between mis-leading and outright wrong, and others that delved a bit too deeply into uninformed opinions of game mechanics.

nessalin

• Board Administrator
« Reply #280 on: November 12, 2017, 07:33:55 PM »
Along with some other fixes identified from play testing, tomorrow should revert the functionality of riding with 0, 1, and 2 hands free for classic guilds to what it was before.

Feco

« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »
(bummer!)
Sunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

evilcabbage

« Reply #282 on: November 12, 2017, 07:57:16 PM »
(i can read these you know.)

good to see that this is being fixed and is clearly a bug, not the end of the world some people made it out to be. was this just an unintentional side effect of the new guilds?
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Veselka

« Reply #283 on: November 12, 2017, 08:15:38 PM »
Along with some other fixes identified from play testing, tomorrow should revert the functionality of riding with 0, 1, and 2 hands free for classic guilds to what it was before.

Thank you!

I figured it had something to do with the new guilds and wasn't a feature, per se.

I'm bummed that I can't try these new guilds in the beta...You hear that ginka? It's an invitation to RoCk!

evilcabbage

« Reply #284 on: November 16, 2017, 04:41:51 PM »
removed code that hasn't been used in 20 years? can you tell us what it was? was it SPOOOOOOOOKY?
I could give a shit about wholesome.

nessalin

• Board Administrator
« Reply #285 on: November 16, 2017, 07:10:16 PM »
removed code that hasn't been used in 20 years? can you tell us what it was? was it SPOOOOOOOOKY?

Nothing exiting.  We used to define cities by blocks of hard coded room numbers, then switched to having properties on rooms.  All the old code was still there.  Stuff like that.