Author Topic: Release Note discussion!  (Read 117915 times)

HeeBeeGB

Re: Release Note discussion!
« Reply #1200 on: May 11, 2020, 02:03:29 PM »
I like the job opportunities that might provide (along Brytta's line of thinking) of rustlers and trainers, who can sell you a better-trained mount than what you get in the stores. Having things like increased capacity, longer distance stamina, less chance of bucking you in a fight, or being docile enough to be double hitched (pack animal for those who can typically only hitch one mount at a time) sound like interesting additions that make Tamers appealing.

Could even be a sub-class option, or included with things like Dune Trader and what not.

Riev

« Reply #1201 on: May 11, 2020, 02:30:40 PM »
I still want to make an MMH that sells carob nuts and gysahl greens solely to provide you with the best mount stats before the eventual "mount mating" code comes in.

You know you want that glittering, golden erdlu.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #1202 on: May 11, 2020, 03:36:22 PM »
before the eventual "mount mating" code comes in.

And mount genetics.

I might want this too much.

The small, muscular man says, in northern-accented sirihish,
  "Almanzo Wilder's the name. I got better horses than you be."
The small, muscular man says, in northern-accented sirihish,
  "Say, I have caaandy^H^H^H^H^H^H a pretty swell cart."
Memento mori.

Armaddict

« Reply #1203 on: May 11, 2020, 09:44:00 PM »
Is this stam regen going to interact with stables somehow?  Are there any plans for stabling functions to change?  A little further down this path looks like a pretty dramatic, but awesome direction for wilderness life and travel.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Wday

« Reply #1204 on: May 11, 2020, 09:52:49 PM »
This feeding mount code I have asked for a long time.  You guys did it!  I am moved to tears today, thank you!
Well that almost worked.

Lizzie

« Reply #1205 on: May 12, 2020, 08:59:17 AM »
Would like to see NPC soldiers all have "soldier" be the default noun when they're wearing helmets/helms that cover their faces. I believe this is specific to one particular helmet which I "idea'd" already in game.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #1206 on: May 12, 2020, 09:03:54 AM »
Would like to see NPC soldiers all have "soldier" be the default noun when they're wearing helmets/helms that cover their faces. I believe this is specific to one particular helmet which I "idea'd" already in game.

Same with the ones that stand guard at clanned compounded, but as "guard".

Riev

« Reply #1207 on: May 12, 2020, 09:14:15 AM »

Bug the NPCs, I would say. I found a Templar the other day who was only showing up as "the tall male in a helm" despite the code changes, and it might have had something to do with an outdated robe object.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Lizzie

« Reply #1208 on: May 12, 2020, 02:58:03 PM »

Bug the NPCs, I would say. I found a Templar the other day who was only showing up as "the tall male in a helm" despite the code changes, and it might have had something to do with an outdated robe object.

I actually think it's the helm - I've seen other NPCs wearing the same one and it obscures their sdesc.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #1209 on: May 12, 2020, 08:20:04 PM »
Seeing a templar NPC not show up with a templar is actually due to their robe object, not the helm itself. So I was told. Please continue to bug them.

I'm wondering though if maybe the "chitin black helm" or whatever should be exempted from hiding the sdesc, simply because it seems to be really popular with NPCs.

janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

Harmless

« Reply #1210 on: May 12, 2020, 08:56:02 PM »

I'm wondering though if maybe the "chitin black helm" or whatever should be exempted from hiding the sdesc, simply because it seems to be really popular with NPCs.

seconded, and I would generally want more helms to have a visor/veil up by default
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 09:06:10 PM by Harmless »
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

mansa

« Reply #1211 on: May 12, 2020, 09:02:13 PM »
I love this helmet change!

I used to complain in game that I have no idea what haircut the person has if they are wearing a helm.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #1212 on: May 18, 2020, 08:11:45 AM »
    05/17/2020
        Luirs to soon follow with like-update.
        --Shabago
        QoL - Nak Tool shop updated! Missing tools now in place to tackle certain crafts
        --Shabago

Thank you!