Author Topic: What CAN'T You Play?  (Read 2778 times)

BlackMagic0

Re: What CAN'T You Play?
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2017, 04:14:41 PM »
I can't play anything.  :'(
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

manipura

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2017, 04:30:25 PM »
With enough twinking a merchant can be a force to be reckoned with is what I mean. But a merchant is a merchant not a warrior is the shouldnt part.

I think we just agree to disagree then :)

I don't think having a merchant who is half-decent requires you to be twinky.  There are plenty of reasons why a merchant can be able to hold their own against a normal threat.

If a merchant is a merchant, and not a warrior...does that mean that a warrior is a warrior and not a merchant...and all of them with crafting subguilds should stop selling goods and mastercrafting stuff? :)

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »

You were a good brother once.  :)

I'd like a merchant who can simply survive the normal things traveling between cities. Raptors, tok, etc. I don't expect one to be taking down gith or kryl.

A merchant is powerful because (s)he buys guards, templars, and nobles. Possibly other sorts of people as well. If you're traveling alone you're doing it wrong.  :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:32:53 PM by Akaramu »

bardlyone

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2017, 04:36:28 PM »

Yeah, RP with Rakius with my first pc Sira is what hooked me here, their horrible little melodrama which was so fun. <3
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman’s love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Miradus

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
... you're doing it wrong.  :)

I reject that and all other arbitrary limitations.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »
It's not arbitrary, it's their role. They get stinking rich and use all that money to their advantage.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2017, 04:57:47 PM »
Alternatively, play a ranger with the mastercrafting subguild of choice.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

BlackMagic0

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2017, 05:14:04 PM »

Yeah, RP with Rakius with my first pc Sira is what hooked me here, their horrible little melodrama which was so fun. <3

Haha. Aww.. Thanks.

And you too Akara. :P
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2017, 05:31:49 PM »

Armaddict

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2017, 06:48:12 PM »
Seen some people without combat skills who got relatively badass, all things considered.  But it certainly isn't easy.

I have a very hard time playing dwarves (I get bored with the single-mindedness and social implications that has).  I can play half-giants, but not when people are staring at you waiting for the comedic relief; I play them as big dumb brutes who know they're big dumb brutes, so I kinda play them very sparingly as a result.  I obviously have a hard time with mages.

I can't play desert elves well.  I don't particularly enjoy the balance between iso and non-iso.  I enjoyed them a great deal more when you could have your own tribe with your own limitations, so long as you weren't spewing mages out into the world willy-nilly; now they feel far too restricted in what you can and can't do (only in my head; I haven't actually played one in a long time, pretty much since they said no more self-tribe creation and recruiting).

I have, to this day, never played a merchant or craft-heavy character where a majority of their skilldentity was in crafting skills.  I get really frustrated whenever I try.  I find out a few recipes, then get hungry to find more recipes and get myself killed just out of the desire to find something unique and awesome to make.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Jihelu

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2017, 06:55:50 PM »
Seen some people without combat skills who got relatively badass, all things considered.  But it certainly isn't easy.

I have a very hard time playing dwarves (I get bored with the single-mindedness and social implications that has).  I can play half-giants, but not when people are staring at you waiting for the comedic relief; I play them as big dumb brutes who know they're big dumb brutes, so I kinda play them very sparingly as a result.  I obviously have a hard time with mages.

I can't play desert elves well.  I don't particularly enjoy the balance between iso and non-iso.  I enjoyed them a great deal more when you could have your own tribe with your own limitations, so long as you weren't spewing mages out into the world willy-nilly; now they feel far too restricted in what you can and can't do (only in my head; I haven't actually played one in a long time, pretty much since they said no more self-tribe creation and recruiting).

I have, to this day, never played a merchant or craft-heavy character where a majority of their skilldentity was in crafting skills.  I get really frustrated whenever I try.  I find out a few recipes, then get hungry to find more recipes and get myself killed just out of the desire to find something unique and awesome to make.
What you have to do is design a bunch of really fucked and weird mc's that have weird recipes so other people have to go out and try to figure out the unique and awesome things.

Also dildos.
Shade, profits, and George Bush did 9/11

TheGoose

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2017, 03:22:05 PM »
Anything that isn't Guild: Ranger.

Socializers.

Artists.

Antagonists.